The stand pat ritual will continue

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
The Bulls front office announces earlier that there sticking with Deng for the long run.........
This means that they have no plans to trade Deng.............Or anyone.....
Same ole same ole..

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Yeah, where is the source. Not KCJ or "I head it on the radio".

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We want sources SP.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Here's what I dug up:

Even with Derrick Rose out for the season, Chicago reportedly wants to keep Luol Deng around.
Even before the Chicago Bulls announced that Derrick Rose would be out for the season, rumors circulated that they might trade forward Luol Deng before he hits free agency. As soon as Rose got hurt, there were reports that their efforts to move him could be "accelerated." Deng and the Bulls were unable to work out a contract extension before the season and, if Chicago doesn't want to commit to paying him major money, why hold onto him now that their championship hopes appear to be out the window?

Apparently, the Bulls might not be thinking this way, according to Sam Amick of USA Today:

So who will lead the team to those wins now that Rose is out? It seems that role will fall to forward Luol Deng. He has done it before. He is Chicago's leading scorer (16.3 points a game), third-leading rebounder (7.3 a game) and a capable passer (3.4 assists a game). He is also Chicago's best perimeter defender.

With that in mind, Deng, who will make $14.2 million this year in the final year of his six-year deal, probably will be with the Bulls for the long haul, a person familiar with both sides told USA TODAY Sports. Even though an expiring deal is ideal to trade, both sides appear to want to keep him on the team. The person requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about a potential deal.

According to Amick's report, Chicago doesn't view its outlook as "nearly as dire as those on the outside." Since the team had a surprisingly successful season in Rose's absence last year, the idea is that they can do it again. General manager Gar Forman explained this perspective in an interview with Bulls.com's Sam Smith:

Question: OK, now you know Derrick is gone for this season. Why not trade some of your players for future possibilities, young players or draft picks and begin rebuilding?

Forman: It's still too early in the process and we're not going to make any rash decisions. We feel there is a bright future ahead and we believe we are positioned well. Look, we fully expect Derrick to come back 100 percent for next season. This basically was a freak injury. This was not due to the ACL or some fatigue of other factor. We have a young nucleus of veterans basically in their 20's; we have multiple draft picks, including a pick from Charlotte in one of the next three drafts; we have the rights to Nikola Mirotic, who has been the best young payer in Europe the last two years. I know people get tired of hearing it sometimes, but we also have the possibility of flexibility in free agency this summer or next. So we feel we are in a good position, and we will be getting Derrick back.

One thing to keep in mind here is that, if the Bulls were shopping Deng and their other assets, it would not be smart to announce it to the world. It only makes sense to say they're sticking with the plan at this juncture. Another reality is that a good offer or a bad losing streak could change their thinking between now and the trade deadline. It might be hard to justify keeping the core together if things fall apart on the court.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/11/26/5147204/luol-deng-chicago-bulls-trade-rumors-derrick-rose

The bold is key, of course the Bulls won't say "yeah, we're going to trade Luol Deng as soon as possible."

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With that in mind, Deng, who will make $14.2 million this year in the final year of his six-year deal, probably will be with the Bulls for the long haul, a person familiar with both sides told USA TODAY Sports. Even though an expiring deal is ideal to trade, both sides appear to want to keep him on the team. The person requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about a potential deal. USA Today Sports

There's what I got.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
With that in mind, Deng, who will make $14.2 million this year in the final year of his six-year deal, probably will be with the Bulls for the long haul, a person familiar with both sides told USA TODAY Sports. Even though an expiring deal is ideal to trade, both sides appear to want to keep him on the team. The person requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about a potential deal. USA Today Sports

There's what I got.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't trade Deng. But if they give him a large salary cap crippling contract next offseason, well...I won't have any good words to say.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 2m Bulls GM Gar Forman: "We’re not going to tank. Are there going to have to be decisions made moving forward as far as our roster? There are."

So trade for All-Stars? lol.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Here's you fucking links....and there are tons of links a bit this subject...What? Did talk think I was lying?
When have I ever lied?

Proper forum etiquette is if you post a news story, you provide a source. Just something you could please provide in the future. Thanks.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Proper forum etiquette is if you post a news story, you provide a source. Just something you could please provide in the future. Thanks.

I KNOW, MY BAD BRO. I WAS IN A HURRY EARLIER....SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE....:lol:

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
This is worse news than losing Rose for the season. Fucking sucks...

Liked Posts:
I agree that if the Bulls were looking to move Deng, they wouldn't announce it, plus it's all speculation with the Rose news which I also beleive is just a PR move. What it looks like to me though is that they are going to work on a deal in the future, whether it's before the deadline or in the off-season I don't know. I think the FO is too in love with Deng to do him like they did BG though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be fair, in a market which already has virtually no value for Deng, why make it worse by saying that you're looking to dump him essentially? It'll just be lowball offer after lowball offer.

Of course, we're going to get crap in return no matter what trade we get, but we might as well try for the best crap possible.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
To be fair, in a market which already has virtually no value for Deng, why make it worse by saying that you're looking to dump him essentially? It'll just be lowball offer after lowball offer.

Of course, we're going to get crap in return no matter what trade we get, but we might as well try for the best crap possible.

How about Radmanivic and Bargynani????
:obama:

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The Bulls front office announces earlier that there sticking with Deng for the long run.........
This means that they have no plans to trade Deng.............Or anyone.....
Same ole same ole..

By long run, do you mean this season or are they resigning him?

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Noone knows for certain. Pax Gar move slowly in silence. :shrug:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i think the new CBA hurt Dengs value allot...he costs too much so its not much value there

if we could get a mid-round pick that would be great