The Tape Never Lies - Baby Steps for Trubisky as O-Line/Play-call Issues Continue

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Too many times I see one or more reviewers in I
the same spot... wtf?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Too many times I see one or more reviewers in I
the same spot... wtf?
Besides Robinson, the squad is pretty weak. Gabriel has his head somewhat out of his ass but the rest of them are terrible. It would be nice for evaluation sake if the Bears had a legit #2 just so we could all sleep at night knowing Mitch really does just suck terribly.
Right now, he just sucks.
But between the O-line and receiving core, it does throw a small kink into the evaluation.

disclaimer- I am done with Mitch- I am just interested in the Bears turning over every stone of evaluation. But if they traded him tonight, I'd be A-OK.

disclaimer 2- I do think it is a team wide suckage effort this season

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Here' Mitch missing a sure TD (if he doesn't overthrow.) There is no one between Arob (red) and the endzone and Trubisky throws shorter to Cohen (green) who he was staring down.

View attachment 3750

Another angle:

View attachment 3751

these pictures are literally worthless unless you can give context of more of the field.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Here' Mitch missing a sure TD (if he doesn't overthrow.) There is no one between Arob (red) and the endzone and Trubisky throws shorter to Cohen (green) who he was staring down.

View attachment 3750

Another angle:

View attachment 3751
I saw that in the video... ARob throws his hand up as soon as he gets to the defender and sees no one in front of him...

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I'm not going to write off our OL just yet. Now with the Daniels-Whitehair experiment over, and Coward starting at RG, let's see how they gel as a unit.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The coaching was by far the worst of all. Play action does not work if the defense knows that it is a pass. Many of the play calls are just plain stupid. Those route designs are either idiotic or were taught terribly. The offensive line is bad, but the coaching of the offensive line makes the offense suck even more.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

View attachment 3750

Another angle:

View attachment 3751
In the 2nd photo, Cohen already has the ball. Trubisky sure doesn't.

In the 1st, it looks like Trubs is already throwing to Cohen, thus EVERY defender reacting to him. That's what makes AR "wide open".

It doesnt mean AR didnt have a step, or that Mitch couldn't fit the ball in for a TD. But he wasn't as wide open as you are trying to show here...