The Tape Never Lies Bears vs Packers

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
good stuff.

bears need to replace mustipher.

Some bad officiating... pretty much changed the outcome of the game.

not really covered in TNL but some bad play mistakes when bears were just about in FG range on three drives.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Haven't watched yet but will. I find these entertaining but I can't get through the keepin it 100 shows.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
good stuff.

not really covered in TNL but some bad play mistakes when bears were just about in FG range on three drives.
They really didn't cover that? That bears not getting FGs on those drives was the most important part of the game and kept the bears from having a chance at the end. So it makes sense these goons wouldn't even mention it

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People can talk shit all they want...but I want all these Monday Night QBs...show me all these people he is missing wide open?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
good stuff.

I've been on about Mustipher and Eiselen all year. Thing is, we've never seen Eiselen take/make a real snap so even though I'd really like to see what he can do, it may not be a solution.
This week won't be any better for Sam or Fields trying to step up. The middle will get pushed and give LBs an easy angle for pressure and sacks.

You can't win every battle and Daniels has been OK but I expect even more from his physical traits.

Oh and for the negative Nancys that used PFF to promote Leno. Peters now has a higher PFF grade than Leno.

Last edited:

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
People can talk shit all they want...but I want all these Monday Night QBs...show me all these people he is missing wide open?

Anyone saying that is utterly stupid. Also, the Bears don't attack the shallow middle of the field. They just don't send receivers there. Its either deep or intermediate routes. And usually they never attack multiple levels of the field at once.

Just so much broken with this offense, even in concept.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone saying that is utterly stupid. Also, the Bears don't attack the shallow middle of the field. They just don't send receivers there. Its either deep or intermediate routes. And usually they never attack multiple levels of the field at once.

Just so much broken with this offense, even in concept.
Agree...dude missed two options, but completed one, and other had to be a pin point throw. I saw one, where he should have thrown it on a quick out. In game thread these armchair QBs act like he has all these options and isnt going through reads and holding onto ball.

What pissed me off is seeing AR12 signal deep on second almost INT give weak effort and ref ignoring defensive holding

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mooney-sack.png

First Clark sack. Fields can throw that ball. He has at least 3 guys open including the guy he is looking at that is circled. Ball has to come out.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sack-2-wide.png

2nd Clark sack. If he throws with anticipation at the bottom of screen there is plenty of space. He can throw to the guy circled or he can float it to the underneath guy on that same side who has a step on defender. Otherwise the checkdown is open too on other side of the field.

I know we love to bag on Nagy but Fields takes too long at times. He has got to learn to throw the ball with anticipation here.

Last edited:

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
View attachment 15027

First Clark sack. Fields can throw that ball. He has at least 3 guys open including the guy he is looking at that is circled. Ball has to come out.

Yeah no.

You're a little bit of a novice at this.

See the Packer at the 30 yard line?

I know it looks like he's just guarding the guy in front of him, but look at his position to the throwing lane to the guy you circled.

Fields throws that ball, and it's a 50/50 shot that the route gets jumped and the ball either gets tipped or intercepted. That's just a really bad angle for fields to make a throw to the guy you circled with that packer in that vicinity of throwing Lane

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
View attachment 15028

2nd Clark sack. If he throws with anticipation at the bottom of screen there is plenty of space. He can throw to the guy circled or he can float it to the underneath guy on that same side who has a step on defender. Otherwise the checkdown is open too on other side of the field.

I know we love to bag on Nagy but Fields takes too long at times. He has got to learn to throw the ball with anticipation here.
In this one, you're proving just how broken matt nagys scheme is.

Sent all three deep and all three are pretty well covered.

Meanwhile look at how wide open the middle of the field is.

Could easily break off one of those receivers on a comeback route to the middle of the field for an easy completion and to help your quarterback out.

Or you could send your receivers on routes that attack multiple levels of the field on the same play.

But what you are showing me here isn't anything where Fields should be throwing on anticipation because of how easily it could be intercepted due to the coverage, but instead are showing me just how bad Matt Nagy is and just how much he's hanging Fields out to dry by not delivering him any help underneath via the game plan or play calls and the same goes for Bill Lazor

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
View attachment 15028

I think you're nitpicking on this one. Right now, Fields is see it, throw it, and they should be making it more simple for him to get completions. MY gripe here is he needs to use his athleticism and just take off. He has a shit ton of space to run. Could've at least made it a much easier 4th down.

Something I've noticed, that was especially a problem last game, is the Bears receivers are seemingly unfamiliar with a scramble drill. Few times Fields started moving and the WRs are just standing there. AR looked lazy as fuck this game.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah no.

I know it looks like he's just guarding the guy in front of him, but look at his position to the throwing lane to the guy you circled.

Fields throws that ball, and it's a 50/50 shot that the route gets jumped and the ball either gets tipped or intercepted. That's just a really bad angle for fields to make a throw to the guy you circled with that packer in that vicinity of throwing Lane
Dude isn't making that play, and he's guarding the back out of the backfield.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah no.

Nope that defender is not even looking at him if you look at this angle. That is an NFL window. Sorry.

Sack-1.png

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
View attachment 15028

The Nagy bashers are in a cult of sorts. Any information that shows others at fault and they ignore it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think you're nitpicking on this one. Right now, Fields is see it, throw it, and they should be making it more simple for him to get completions. MY gripe here is he needs to use his athleticism and just take off. He has a shit ton of space to run. Could've at least made it a much easier 4th down.

Something I've noticed, that was especially a problem last game, is the Bears receivers are seemingly unfamiliar with a scramble drill. Few times Fields started moving and the WRs are just standing there. AR looked lazy as fuck this game.

He can still loft it over the defender on the underneath guy at worst but yes if he didnt want to do that then get upfield and run. But that is a throw he is going to have to learn to make.

Last edited: