The Tape Never Lies - KC edition.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven’t looked at it yet but let me guess. Dr. Phil thinks Allen Robinson should’ve caught that Mitch over throw.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol, just as I thought, he blames Mitch’s first over throw on Javon Wims. Smh

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Bears need to run an offense that prevents Mitch from looking bad- one where there are no forward passes. Thinking triple option or single wing would be great for him.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
As bad as Trubisky is throwing it, it's almost unbelievable that he is appreciably worse at the read option.

OL is criminally bad, as all year. Daniels took a full step back this year along with Leno.

KPL, what a great game.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol, just as I thought, he blames Mitch’s first over throw on Javon Wims. Smh
He shows him not come straight out...Mitch is throwing where he thinks he is going to be, Wims comes in at a fucked up angle....dont see the issue...u hear all the time, WRs rounding their routes or not getting to mark.......as a matter of fact ask Brady....he spot throws and anticipates u being where ur suppose to be, include that with his insane ability to dissect a defense and u have arguably the best QB to play the game.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I'm in the process of rewatching every KPL snap this season. There's no denying when you put on the tape. He flashes and standout at times. If it were up to me I'd give him every chance with the one's next to Smith in TC after having a full year to digest this system. He has prow bowl level potential.

He has the speed to run with anyone underneath in a short area in coverage. He's pretty quick to diagnose and come down hill to destroy the mesh point. Very physical. Has natural pass rush skills which is rare for an inside backer coming off the edge. Plays sideline to sideline and gets beyond the hashes in blink.

He's missed on scraping to leverage a hole properly which has lead to some bigger runs but from what I can see his eyes are right. It's just a matter of technique and fit. Which comes with reps and feel. He's only of by a crescendo on these plays and never way out of alignment. There's alot to like about him. Things are starting to click and he already has all of the physical tools you could ask for. He's a must to bring back, imo. The perfect compliment to Roquan.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
He shows him not come straight out...Mitch is throwing where he thinks he is going to be, Wims comes in at a fucked up angle....dont see the issue...u hear all the time, WRs rounding their routes or not getting to mark.......as a matter of fact ask Brady....he spot throws and anticipates u being where ur suppose to be, include that with his insane ability to dissect a defense and u have arguably the best QB to play the game.

Lol, please...

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I haven’t looked at it yet but let me guess. Dr. Phil thinks Allen Robinson should’ve caught that Mitch over throw.
He didn't overthrow Allen robinson takes forever to leave the los and that play is scripted. He throws it to the spot he should of been.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
How many times have we seen Cohen bypass holes and not go up field? He runs to the left here, and does manage to get 3 - 4 yards, but again he could have gotten to the second line of defense here:

View attachment 4214

Cohen goes East/West a lot for sure, but this play is a pretty generic sweep IMO. The still doesn't really show an open hole. Whitehair outran his own block and his man looks to escape. Chiefs safety is 2 steps away from the hole you mention. And the play is 2 steps after Cohen received the ball. Without even seeing the whole play because I can't remember it, I'd say the play is blown.
One thing I noticed that really pissed me off was that the Chiefs secondary was inside the box the entire night fishing out runs. They are supposed to be terrified and respect the Bears receivers or the Bears should at least make them lineup accordingly.
Last, this typical sweep has no LG pull or a leading FB block. This play is on Nagy. Chiefs sniffed these out all damn night. As fast as Cohen is, for him to not be able to get up-field due to poor blocking is insane.

One last lastly, When Reid and Nagy met before the game, I swear Nagy said "Take it easy tonight OK?"

This team has a lot going wrong for it and hopefully they figure some shit out.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Cohen goes East/West a lot for sure, but this play is a pretty generic sweep IMO. The still doesn't really show an open hole. Whitehair outran his own block and his man looks to escape. Chiefs safety is 2 steps away from the hole you mention. And the play is 2 steps after Cohen received the ball. Without even seeing the whole play because I can't remember it, I'd say the play is blown.
One thing I noticed that really pissed me off was that the Chiefs secondary was inside the box the entire night fishing out runs. They are supposed to be terrified and respect the Bears receivers or the Bears should at least make them lineup accordingly.
Last, this typical sweep has no LG pull or a leading FB block. This play is on Nagy. Chiefs sniffed these out all damn night. As fast as Cohen is, for him to not be able to get up-field due to poor blocking is insane.

One last lastly, When Reid and Nagy met before the game, I swear Nagy said "Take it easy tonight OK?"

This team has a lot going wrong for it and hopefully they figure some shit out.

No doubt there are players that have a shot at Cohen, but he's supposed to use his athleticism & elusiveness once in the 2nd tier of defense.

Cordarrelle Patterson seems to understand this on the play below and makes guys miss and breaks tackles to the five yard line here. I understand Cohen is small, but he's gotta turn up field and make defenders miss.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
No doubt there are players that have a shot at Cohen, but he's supposed to use his athleticism & elusiveness once in the 2nd tier of defense.

Cordarrelle Patterson seems to understand this on the play below and makes guys miss and breaks tackles to the five yard line here. I understand Cohen is small, but he's gotta turn up field and make defenders miss.

View attachment 4216
The still you provided is a half a second after Cohen recieves the hand off. He is 5 yds behind LOS yet alone in the "2ND Tier"
But Cohen seriously has some poor decision making at times.
It's all relative though and he got ZERO help this season from Oline. Combined with Montgomery, the bears still dont have a 1000 yd. rusher.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
The still you provided is a half a second after Cohen recieves the hand off. He is 5 yds behind LOS yet alone in the "2ND Tier"
But Cohen seriously has some poor decision making at times.
It's all relative though and he got ZERO help this season from Oline. Combined with Montgomery, the bears still dont have a 1000 yd. rusher.

If he hits the hole he'll be in the 2nd tier. That's the whole point.

And we've seen him do this many times this year.

He's either afraid of getting hit, or he has terrible vision. Both of which make him a bad football player on a fundamental level.