The Tape Never Lies - Robert Quinn

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Whatever. Your notion that our run game will suffer because Floyd is gone is laughable. The guy sucks. He always has. Whichever team picked him up will have the same issues and he'll be outta the league soon.

No, you're the one making claims that you can't back up. You're speaking opinion, because you don't like a player. I'm speaking facts. I know you're going to down PFF, and I'm not a huge fan of them, but Quinn's run grade from this past season is worst than Floyd has ever had. Granted, they have Floyd marginally better in 2019, but he's consistently graded in the 70s in run D, which is among the elites from the edge.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
No, you're the one making claims that you can't back up. You're speaking opinion, because you don't like a player. I'm speaking facts. I know you're going to down PFF, and I'm not a huge fan of them, but Quinn's run grade from this past season is worst than Floyd has ever had. Granted, they have Floyd marginally better in 2019, but he's consistently graded in the 70s in run D, which is among the elites from the edge.

You're right. I can't back it up. But I saw it happen more than once.

And Floyd sucks. And our run defense won't decline in his absence. And he'll be out of the league soon enough.

I don't need PFF for that.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
What inconsistency? The years he had a bad injury and took a few years to recover? Oh and the year he played out of position and had to learn?!

I mean, wouldn't that count as inconsistency? It is cause for concern, especially considering the injuries. But he has performed well when across from another strong edge rusher. His good-to-great seasons are with prime Chris Long in LA/STL. And last year with Demarcus Lawrence. After Long, the Rams tried to get by with journeymen on the edge (though they did get Donald at the same time). In Miami, he played with Cameron Wake, but just happened that was the season Wake got really old and was a shadow of his former self. So, hopefully playing with Mack will bring out the dominant version of Quinn again.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

And Floyd sucks. And our run defense won't decline in his absence. And he'll be out of the league soon enough.

Lol. What you saw and think you saw are two different things. Floyd never got pulled because he wasn't good on run downs. Period.
They rotated Floyd just like they did Mack to keep them fresh. You simply have a case of confirmation bias. It happens.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

You saw him out on run plays "more than once" out of 1072 defensive plays? Well, consider me convinced! And the Rams just guaranteed him 10Mil after being cut. Players on their way out the league don't earn that much coming off their rookie contract.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

Floyd just couldn't pass rush at the nfl level. He is a 43 olb. He will be a 3 down backer on a 43 defense if he can cover TEs.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
You saw him out on run plays "more than once" out of 1072 defensive plays? Well, consider me convinced! And the Rams just guaranteed him 10Mil after being cut. Players on their way out the league don't earn that much coming off their rookie contract.

I'm conceding that he was pulled from games on run plays. It's my confirmation bias.

I'm still calling BS on the myth that he's "literally good at everything else."

I cannot think of one play were I thought, "Thank God Leonard Floyd was in on that play to stuff that run." He wasn't even good at tackling.

He sucks. Period. That's why he's not here anymore. The guy that drafted him gave up on him for christssake.

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm conceding that he was pulled from games on run plays. It's my confirmation bias.

I still calling BS on the myth that he's "literally good at everything else."

I cannot think of one play were I thought, "Thank God Leonard Floyd was in on that play to stuff that run." He wasn't even good at tackling.

He sucks. Period. That's why he's not here anymore. The guy that drafted him gave up on him for christssake.

Again. This is your opinion. Factually speaking, he was statistically good against the run, tackling, and in coverage.

And the guy that drafted him didn't give up on him until he had a better option. And the guy he gave up on only took a 3Mil pay cut. This isn't Kevin White where Floyd is on the verge of being out of the league like you said. That would be like saying Pace gave up on Adrian Amos. It's a cost/benefit analysis. Which is used in every transaction. It's why Pace isn't cutting Leno and Massie like half this board has suggested. It's why Pace went after Nick Foles instead of Tom Brady.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Again. This is your opinion. Factually speaking, he was statistically good against the run, tackling, and in coverage.

And the guy that drafted him didn't give up on him until he had a better option. And the guy he gave up on only took a 3Mil pay cut. This isn't Kevin White where Floyd is on the verge of being out of the league like you said. That would be like saying Pace gave up on Adrian Amos. It's a cost/benefit analysis. Which is used in every transaction. It's why Pace isn't cutting Leno and Massie like half this board has suggested. It's why Pace went after Nick Foles instead of Tom Brady.

So is our run defense going to be worse with Floyd gone?

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
Watching this video got me very excited thinking about the potential of the 2020 Bears defense. There ins't really any position that I would be upset about Pace drafting now. Adding the FA's & having Bars in the mix gives many options for the O line...I'd prefer a T drafted over a G. On D I would prefer a S added over a CB, but I can justify adding at any position. Always good to have another pass rusher; when Hicks went down the D wasn't the same...so if DT is BPA sitting there at 43; the WR & RB positions need to be added to.

If a good trade down deal is available, I hope that Pace takes it. And, the most important damn thing: Wherever in the draft, and whichever positions are taken...they need to be hits & solid players. That's the thing that matters more than anything. The Bears really must add some young/cheap players that actually contribute and look like NFL players. The cap will be manageable if Pace can do his job and draft well the next 2 years.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
God I hope the 3 of them stay healthy all season. Its gonna be real fun to watch.
Hell, I hope that someone else on the defensive line takes a big step forward. Imagine an offense trying to slow down 4 all-pro defensive linemen.

Two DTs collapse the pocket, forcing the QB to choose running towards Mack or Quinn.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Not a big fan of this guy. He's not really providing as much analysis as he thinks he does. And he says in every video how he just shows the plays good and bad, but there's literally 1 bad play in this video. When he does a player he doesn't like, he shows more bad than good and claims the tape doesn't lie.
Yeah, you have to take him with a grain of salt.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Hell, I hope that someone else on the defensive line takes a big step forward. Imagine an offense trying to slow down 4 all-pro defensive linemen.

Two DTs collapse the pocket, forcing the QB to choose running towards Mack or Quinn.

Eddie Goldman is eating up guys too...I really wish though that we could have kept Nick Williams. He had the best season of anyone on the DL last season.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
The Bears held opponents to 3.9 yards per carry tied for 4th in the league and that was without Akiem Hicks for most of the season. If teams want to run at Robert Quinn go ahead, I'll take the trade off. We need to get off the field on 3rd and long. And lets face it, with Hicks down, and Mack triple teamed, opposing QBs had all day to throw the ball. Floyd and everyone else on the DL (aside from Nick Williams who flashed at times) was nowhere to be seen. Our ILBs were getting more pressure on delayed blitzes.

Teams were able to string together long drives because they kept converting on 3rd downs. We have some decent DBs, but they can't hold their receivers all day. We need pressure, turnovers, and negative plays. Those are the impact plays that feed a defense...containing the outside for a 2 yard run is cool and all, but is negated when you give the opposing QB all day to complete a 20 yard throw on 3rd down.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Love this play where he goes inside only to be met with 3 blockers, but bounces outside quickly enough to still get to the QB in < 2 seconds.

Good shit. (along with the rest)

Seems to have so much bend & speed to take the long outside route vs. tackles, but willing to try inside at times too. Very fast closing.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of my personal favs. EFFORT!!!

Initially it seems he's completely out of making a play, but hauls ass anyway to end up creating a play. That's football man.

Also

If only our OL had this kind of effort to keep f'in playing to the whistle!!! We'd have 2nd level LBs knocked on their ass and daylight breaking runs vs. the giving up early seen in '19.

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The Bears held opponents to 3.9 yards per carry tied for 4th in the league and that was without Akiem Hicks for most of the season. If teams want to run at Robert Quinn go ahead, I'll take the trade off. We need to get off the field on 3rd and long. And lets face it, with Hicks down, and Mack triple teamed, opposing QBs had all day to throw the ball. Floyd and everyone else on the DL (aside from Nick Williams who flashed at times) was nowhere to be seen. Our ILBs were getting more pressure on delayed blitzes.

Teams were able to string together long drives because they kept converting on 3rd downs. We have some decent DBs, but they can't hold their receivers all day. We need pressure, turnovers, and negative plays. Those are the impact plays that feed a defense...containing the outside for a 2 yard run is cool and all, but is negated when you give the opposing QB all day to complete a 20 yard throw on 3rd down.

This isn't entirely true. The Bears allowed 36% conversion on 3rd downs, which was tied for 6th in the league, less than 1.5% down from 2018's historic year. Time of possession they were middle of the pack, but moreso because the offense sucked. They got off the field fine on 3rd and long. Teams were not able to string together long drives, at least not until the end of the season.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We all know the pass rush will be vastly improved. Sealing the edge has a couple small question marks... however my biggest question is how much will the defensive scheme and play calling change? Floyd dropped into coverage a good bit. Will Quinn be doing that? Or will they play even more nickle? Floyd dropped into coverage around 22% of his snaps during pass plays. That doesn't play to Quinn's strengths and they will have to compensate some how.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

I'm still calling BS on the myth that he's "literally good at everything else."

Hes good. Not great. Which means hes in comparison to every other guy at his position. Special at times. Which isnt enough for big pay days

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I've always wanted to see 2 top pass rushers on the same team in the modern NFL. Typically teams can't fit it under the cap, or one of the two has a down year like Watt/Clowney.

I really hope Mack/Hicks/Quinn can all stay healthy.

But, bro, you know someone's going down.

That's more than likely true. But hopefully, it's just for part of a game, or one or two.