The tape never lies!!! The Leno is rooster fighting edition

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Mitch had a couple of absolutely horrible deep balls (which almost make me wonder if there's some truth to his hip being injured, as normally his deep balls are overthrown by about 5 yards...not underthrown by about 25), but other than that, he did about as well as anyone could in these circumstances. Keep in mind that aside from the shit around him, the Rams are a really good defense that would limit most/all teams. When you have one of the greatest defensive linemen in NFL history, and a probable HOF corner blanketing the team's best receiver, plus a veteran elite safety, and Wade Phillips calling the defense, and that defense ranks #2 against the run in yards per carry allowed, it's probably not going to be very easy out there.

Lack of ability to throw downfield can NEVER kill an offense in and of itself. Watch the 49ers or Patriots.

Mitch's struggles with down field throwing have killed this offense because Nagy thinks it's 1993.

Shenanigans. Tom Brady is not throwing 50 yard bombs, but he will burn you all day 20-30 yards out if you give him that. Teams can cheat under bed cause Mitch won’t make them pay. Defense just run press, zone coverage which takes away predetermined quick shots as well as forces the QB to read the defense, which we know he can’t do.

He burned the lions D because they played man all game with a single high safety and he hit his deep passes. And because their defense is on par with the Bears O.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
As bad as the playcall for option toss on that 3rd down and short, Leno being the man who needs to seal that end of the line and ends up blocking the back of his own fellow linemen and not touching anyone else on defense might have been the most pathetic play of the year for a critical down in a game.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also found it interesting he blamed miller on the interception and I’m listening to Nagy and he is saying miller went two yards off and Mitch put it in the right spot.

fucking A, man. Hof still on the menu for the ol titty kisser. Extend him now
I was saying it looked like that may be the case after the game. It was still a little high but you can't get into slap fighting on a timing route. Miller would be great for a 'school yard' QB. Adi is also right about Mitch missing the easy deep ball.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Goddamn the OL play is atrocious. I didn't watch the game, but watched the highlights and obviously the video above, and it didn't appear Mitch played as bad as all of the comments made here reflected. But idk...

That said, Mitch is just so slow on pulling the trigger on too many plays.

I give dsm allot of shit on here but last game his wrs didn’t help anything out at all. The op just keeps regressing idk what’s with whitehair and his high snaps either

Now the next issue is is the ol bad cause of talent or scheme. They never looked this bad before even though we know they have always been mediocre. They just look straight pathetic now

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I give dsm allot of shit on here but last game his wrs didn’t help anything out at all. The op just keeps regressing idk what’s with whitehair and his high snaps either

Now the next issue is is the ol bad cause of talent or scheme. They never looked this bad before even though we know they have always been mediocre. They just look straight pathetic now
I am starting to firmly believe that this OL is better suited for a completely different scheme. I don't even know what our OL scheme is...? Is it zone blocking or more power stuff? I think the RPO aspect doesn't help either. The OL doesn't really get to key on run or pass with the RPO. It's just awful.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am starting to firmly believe that this OL is better suited for a completely different scheme. I don't even know what our OL scheme is...? Is it zone blocking or more power stuff? I think the RPO aspect doesn't help either. The OL doesn't really get to key on run or pass with the RPO. It's just awful.

Both OTs are having miserable seasons and Daniels is having a sophmore slump.

If they want to give Trubisky another chance in 2020 significant upgrades need to be made to the line, because he needs way better play up front to be successful.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If you are referencing the missed Miller TD, Trubisky threw the ball behind him. The outside CB covering the boundary should have never even been a factor on that play...

mvQSxV.gif

This is what happens when you are afraid of making a mistake. He saw the deep safety and threw it too far outside
YOu need to watch the angle from the video above

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure Miller takes that to the house anyway, he had to turn completely around to catch it, slowing him down a lot. The Safety probably catches him.

dakbear

Liked Posts:
My god-I knew the offensive line played terrible but had no idea it was that bad. There are few quarterbacks in the league who could play well behind that line.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Another great video and thanks by the way.

I am most critical of Nagy's handling of the running game. He has taken a decent running attack and made it horrible.

When you watch passing plays, you do see some nice completions and also see guys schemed open occasionally. I mean its bad, but there are some signs of life.

But when you watch the run game, virtually nothing ever good happens. There is hardly ever a hole for the RB. We hardly ever catch them in a play where we have numbers against the run. Most runs are doomed from the start.

Running out of the spread has just worked miserably for the Bears. Every time we try this Kansas City lite bullshit we look horrible. We never block the guys on the second level they make plays all the time.

Nagy has sacrificed the running game to make the passing attack better and it has failed. Now both parts of our offense are trash.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Another great video and thanks by the way.

I am most critical of Nagy's handling of the running game. He has taken a decent running attack and made it horrible.

When you watch passing plays, you do see some nice completions and also see guys schemed open occasionally. I mean its bad, but there are some signs of life.

But when you watch the run game, virtually nothing ever good happens. There is hardly ever a hole for the RB. We hardly ever catch them in a play where we have numbers against the run. Most runs are doomed from the start.

Running out of the spread has just worked miserably for the Bears. Every time we try this Kansas City lite bullshit we look horrible. We never block the guys on the second level they make plays all the time.

Nagy has sacrificed the running game to make the passing attack better and it has failed. Now both parts of our offense are trash.

The running game is more of a personnel issue than a play calling issue.

Our OL is bad and poorly coached and our TE position is devoid of talent. Of 6 blockers on a run play I have faith in 1 of them to actually execute a block.

1/6 is not good enough.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
The running game is more of a personnel issue than a play calling issue.

Our OL is bad and poorly coached and our TE position is devoid of talent. Of 6 blockers on a run play I have faith in 1 of them to actually execute a block.

1/6 is not good enough.

Who is the 1? Whitehair?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
significant upgrades need to be made to the line, because he needs way better play up front to be successful.

I am not sure that will fix the problem, but it would be a good start to learning if he can do ok when he is protected and has a run game.

MontanaXXIII

Liked Posts:
Shenanigans. Tom Brady is not throwing 50 yard bombs, but he will burn you all day 20-30 yards out if you give him that. Teams can cheat under bed cause Mitch won’t make them pay. Defense just run press, zone coverage which takes away predetermined quick shots as well as forces the QB to read the defense, which we know he can’t do.

He burned the lions D because they played man all game with a single high safety and he hit his deep passes. And because their defense is on par with the Bears O.

The Patriots do not run the same scheme as the Bears. Not even close. They do not put anywhere near the pressure on Brady to make difficult throws as Nagy's garbage system puts on Mitch.

Dink and dunk planet:

There are maybe 2 throws in that video Mitch wouldn't have made.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
here are maybe 2 throws in that video Mitch wouldn't have made.

But conversely, there are only like 2 plays in that video where Mitch would have made the right read and executed the throw correctly. Brady's strength isn't his arm, it's what's between his ears.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
The Patriots do not run the same scheme as the Bears. Not even close. They do not put anywhere near the pressure on Brady to make difficult throws as Nagy's garbage system puts on Mitch.

Dink and dunk planet:

There are maybe 2 throws in that video Mitch wouldn't have made.

One of his TD’s is a 50 yard pass that we’ve seen Mitch routinely miss all season.

Brady is accurate. All those horizontal pass plays that everyone bitches about seem to be successful. When you have to jump or are led out of bounds on them, it probably won’t be. However, Brady leads them in stride every time.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
The Oline is where it begins.
It's been trash for quite some time.
Mitch's mind is totally screwed so that even when the line does well, he's still shell shocked.
Unfortunately, we can't fix the Oline this year (Hiestand has to go), and Mitch's career and mind is totally not correctable between now and next year.
Sorry to say, but this O is screwed for both this year and next.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Hiestand absolutely has to go. Last year’s “ok” OL play is now just awful. Why? The same (mostly) players just suddenly forgot how to play?