The they’re walking it back thread

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Here’s today’s podcast from The Fantasy Footballers.

They are quickly jumping on Justin Fields looks good and walking back a lot of what they had said by now realizing The Bears were a Nagy Problem. Yeah? No shit. They went on to say that Fields may have a comparable year to Lance!

They’re not the only ones walking shit back. Yesterday, NFL.com had a nice blurb about Justin Fields.

I’m looking forward to the next song to come from DDP and the TTNL crew being “walking shit back” as a sendup to the media, beginning with an ex-Lions QB famous for a winless 0-16 season.

Let’s post all the walking it back, maybe they don’t suck, oh shit, we fucked up articles and posts from the once haters of the orange and blue.

So, this thread is for the walk backs. Anytime you see or saw someone walking shit back, especially since the end of the last game, put it here.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Louis Riddick walked it back after game 3.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm so mad the sports talk people thought/think the Bears are going to be bad with good reason!

I mean Bill Belichick gets shit on still somedays and he’s won how many now? I just don’t understand why people get upset over this stuff.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Louis Riddick walked it back after game 3.
If anybody knows how to make gifs or memes, maybe we can get it where we put their heads in Michael Jackson moonwalking.

So, something with Riddick’s head on MJ moonwalking with “after game 3”. We can get 0-16 Lions QB with his tweet. Let’s see if we can get the moonwalking walking it back thing a trope.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If anybody knows how to make gifs or memes, maybe we can get it flint where we put their heads in Michael Jackson moonwalking.

So, something with Riddick’s head on MJ moonwalking with “after game 3”. We can get 0-16 Lions QB with his tweet. Let’s see if we can get the moonwalking walking it back thing a trope.
Ugh.

Sorry bro but this would not be a good meme

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Wait until you see the walkback here after Trubisky shines in Pitt. LOLOL I can't wait. Over on the pitt and GB boards their talking about how much shit I took and will be able to give back to you asshole Bear fans. Thier words not mine. They are just waiting for the show to start.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Here's a bit of a Simms walk back. The Fields part starts at 1:46.

Last edited:

Pretzel Logic

“I have forced myself to contradict myself "
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Pittsburgh Pirates
  1. Philadelphia 76ers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Pittsburgh Penguins
The media will walk it back, or socials will walk it back until week one. Then if this team, with Fields at the helm fuck it up, they'll be all over the Bears again.

Clicks, interactions, I doubt there will be much balance to the views of those who create viewpoints/narratives/agendas this season.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

They are quickly jumping on Justin Fields looks good and walking back a lot of what they had said by now realizing The Bears were a Nagy Problem. Yeah? No shit. They went on to say that Fields may have a comparable year to Lance!

They’re not the only ones walking shit back. Yesterday, NFL.com had a nice blurb about Justin Fields.

I’m looking forward to the next song to come from DDP and the TTNL crew being “walking shit back” as a sendup to the media, beginning with an ex-Lions QB famous for a winless 0-16 season.

Let’s post all the walking it back, maybe they don’t suck, oh shit, we fucked up articles and posts from the once haters of the orange and blue.

So, this thread is for the walk backs. Anytime you see or saw someone walking shit back, especially since the end of the last game, put it here.
if Fields and Lance have comparable years I’ll actually be disappointed

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If anybody knows how to make gifs or memes, maybe we can get it where we put their heads in Michael Jackson moonwalking.

I'd be all for this. But instead of their head on Michael Jackson's body. Maybe a Bear? And instead of moonwalking, maybe not moonwalk. And really instead of a gif, we could simply do nothing.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Saying a Bears QB sucks has never been news…. Everyone’s said it, no one needs to eat crow. I’m sorry it happened to you but we’ll get past this.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Sports Commentators: One of the easiest jobs in the world, be wrong 95% of the time and when you're exposed as a know-nothing, just ignore it or walk back your comments. The only easier job is political commentator for the same reasons.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In all honesty we have no idea how good, or bad, Chicago is going to be this year. Some of this is petty encouraging for sure but lets also remember the 2008 Lions fans had a lot to be encouraged about when they went 4-0 in preseason. I'm not saying this team is as bad as the 2008 Lions but until these guys play teams that are suiting up all of their starters and trying to stunt the game to actually win, and not just evaluate talent, then there is still a big question mark concerning a team like Chicago. New coach, patchwork offensive line, revamped defense and a less than exciting receiving corps is the word on Chicago and there are as many questions as answers concerning this team.

I was encouraged that, yes, there is some talent here that has flown under the radar but some idiots comparing Fields to Mahommes is a bit much. Until he starts throwing for 350 a game, consistently, then Fields is still just a potential star. I've seen the hype train on QBs before. Very few of the 'future stars' live up to the reputation that pundits try to put on them.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I hope I'm wrong but you have less than 2 weeks to enjoy your walk back thread.
This is why I'm putting it out now. I'm also considering a "before the bandwagon" thread, but that may be a bit presumptive.

Either way, after seeing the lack of penalties and discipline on the team, I see us as, at least, a 6 win team. We may surprise people since we can run the ball and JF can threaten the run while charging the LOS and then chuck the ball with accuracy. So, yeah, there's always danger, but no guts, no glory! Ya dig?

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
This is why I'm putting it out now. I'm also considering a "before the bandwagon" thread, but that may be a bit presumptive.

Either way, after seeing the lack of penalties and discipline on the team, I see us as, at least, a 6 win team. We may surprise people since we can run the ball and JF can threaten the run while charging the LOS and then chuck the ball with accuracy. So, yeah, there's always danger, but no guts, no glory! Ya dig?

Being a Bears fan now 30+ years, I have to wait and see.