The UDFA thread

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I looked on the first couple of pages and didn't see one.

Here is a tracking link, that will be more up to date than anything I am going to maintain:

Thoughts so far on the UDFA class?

I have heard good things about a few of these guys, the kid from Canada that is supposedly a get after the QB stud and I think there is an offensive lineman that looked good and a TE that was decent.

Anyone know more about these players want to share info?

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
TE Dax raymond, OLB Betts from canada and why he was still avalible WR E Hall who some had rated higher than R Ridley

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
We are short right now on TE. We need a 5th OLB if Fittts isn't the answer and Hall who thou very good fits where ?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
NEED SAFETY DEPTH

but aside from that I think that Pace set up the bears to have solid-to-elite Special Teams in a couple of seasons.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
How bout the one that says "Undrafted FREE agents" on page one and has 142 replies? Did u see that one?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm a little bitter that Pace decided to completely ignore the trenches in this draft, but I guess that's the way it fell. The UDFA that moves my needle the most is Alex Bars out of ND. Loads of experience and coming from a football family. He backed up Nelson as a Freshman, then started all 12 games his soph year and 13 games his junior year before having a season ending injury his senior season. Reuniting him with Hiestand. My #calledit is that he will be Kyle Longs replacement.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I'm a little bitter that Pace decided to completely ignore the trenches in this draft, but I guess that's the way it fell. The UDFA that moves my needle the most is Alex Bars out of ND. Loads of experience and coming from a football family. He backed up Nelson as a Freshman, then started all 12 games his soph year and 13 games his junior year before having a season ending injury his senior season. Reuniting him with Hiestand. My #calledit is that he will be Kyle Longs replacement.

Yeah would have liked to see an edge rusher drafted or some o-line depth. I get why he would draft Montgomery and Ridley, but thought Edge and O-line was a more pressing position.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Better check with Xuder O'Clam to make sure you are within his #calledit groundwork.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
How bout the one that says "Undrafted FREE agents" on page one and has 142 replies? Did u see that one?

Uhhhh... I think I already said I didn't see a thread. So not sure what you want from me? Are you here to derail this thread and make it about yourself somehow?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

I would've preferred to see a guard as well, but our trenches aren't in too bad of shape other than Kyle "Mr 8 games a season" Long. I would be happy if the ND kid replaced him if he has the chops.

For me the lack of drafting linemen was probably an indicator that Pace felt good with our trenches. I would be surprised if the same thing happens next year, I'd bet we go trenches early and often in the 2020 draft.

But if a few of these UDFA nuggets we've picked up work out then I do think we will be ok.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@Xuder O'Clam please confirm I am within the #selfbackpat framework

Seeing as there is actually no such thing as an "***Official*** #calledit", and neither groundwork, nor framework are required, I see no problem with any of the darts being thrown out as potential future #calledits. I think there's a chance you guys might do well with your #selfbackpats.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You are too young to start being "bitter" about things. Don't turn into @truthbedamned

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't we pick up a few Olinemen ? Two of which are from Hiestad's Alma Mater Notre Dame ? ... as UDFAs ....

If this Oline guru is as good as they say, then, him knowing these two BullDozing/RoadGrading/PassProBallers specifically, should mean they have alotta potential he can UNCORK

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NEED SAFETY DEPTH

but aside from that I think that Pace set up the bears to have solid-to-elite Special Teams in a couple of seasons.
Denmark won’t be no corner. He is safety/big nickel depth

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Raymond, E. Hall, and Bars will all push the bottom depth chart to be better.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Raymond, E. Hall, and Bars will all push the bottom depth chart to be better.
I think that's the entire point of the udfa class. Come in and put everyone on notice that making the team isn't something you can Lolly gag your way into.