The use of Fields tonight was embarrassing

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
I honestly didn't think it was so bad that we sprinkled him in....it worked at times and got his feet wet.

It was our defense never gave us a chance. Bad field position. Always playing catch up. Couldn't ever get a stop and force a punt. No sacks, no turnovers. No momentum shifting plays.

Offense was playing behind the 8 ball most of the game.

No, we could have been up 7-0 if Dalton doesn’t throw a pick in the end zone. He sucks.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes he scored a TD on one. Did you watch the game?

Canth

Liked Posts:
Yes he scored a TD on one. Did you watch the game?

That was odd play too. They barely beat the playclock to get it snapped in time. He did well just to not take the penalty, then showed his running ability to get that TD.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Not even sure I want to respond to a thread with so little views but whatever...

I feel like Feilds was used as well as a qb that isn't supposed to be used.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
He is not a kid bro. And every time he stepped on the fields, he killed it. Did you even watch the game?

Actually the Fields shovel pass was terrible decision making. He should’ve let the RB have it.

His decision making is fine. He is a Rookie - all rookies make occasional mistakes. But the good that he gives you by far outweighs the bad. And he definitely gives this team an explosive element (with his arm and legs) that AD lacks.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I am also wondering if they are doing it for a couple reasons:

1) Try to 'surprise' the defense a bit
2) Now in the weeks to come, make the defensive coaching staffs on other teams have to look for it/practice it
3) Keep Fields more engaged in the game. If he knows that at any time he could play a snap, then he has to really really pay attention to what is going on

jts1207

Liked Posts:
I said nothing about Mahomes. I said Trey Lance. Lance had 1 pass and 2 rushes.

What did Trevor, Mac and Zach have? Lance played a year or 2 at some cow college. Fields experience and pedigree is every bit of Trevor if not more