Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
watch-carolina-practically-laughs-at-vikings-offer-for-justin-fields

They could've had Justin Fields if they would've given up a 1st rounder, but alas they only wanted to give up a 2nd and 3rd rounder. Pace knew what had to be done. Teams were looking for a next year's 1st when Fields was still in play.

This is why thank God I'm a Bears' fan. At least the Bears org. show some flashes of competency while the Vikings and Lions don't.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Yeah I don't value a few future 1sts when the Bears haven't had a decent QB in 65 years. If you see a possible franchise QB on the board you do what it takes to get him. Roll the dice, you got nothing to lose.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It'll be so sweet if Justin Fields becomes a complete stud and Vikings fans are just miserable at the thought that he could have been their QB under a regime with more balls.

but they didn't want to upset cousins

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really can’t wait to see who the Vikings draft next year now

1622162821685.gif

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It'll be so sweet if Justin Fields becomes a complete stud and Vikings fans are just miserable at the thought that he could have been their QB under a regime with more balls.
But hey, they got future bust Kellen Mond in the third!

People who don't want to give up firsts for franchise QBs are idiots. Idiots!

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Yeah I don't value a few future 1sts when the Bears haven't had a decent QB in 65 years. If you see a possible franchise QB on the board you do what it takes to get him. Roll the dice, you got nothing to lose.
Well, there you have it. Fran Tarkenton was only about 55 years ago. In 16 years (Luckman was around only until 1950), the Vikings will be willing to give up a few future 1sts.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very accurate characterization.
Record wise I agree but Lovie never fielded a competent offense consistently. A cousins level QB in ‘05, ‘06 and ‘10 would’ve been legit contenders.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Holy Shit........listen to the other video on there with the ESPN guys and listen to Booger McFarland's take on who he thinks they should have taken between Jones and Fields. That's some fucking next level stupid shit.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys are crazy. If Fields doesn't work out, the Vikings made the right move.

Nobody knows right now. For all we know he's RGIII in a few years.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Good god Eric Lambert is painful to read...

I'm sure there are dozens of these phone calls every year in the 1st round of the draft. Simply put, Minnesota wasn't serious enough about moving up. Many aren't. Some are.

I'm not sure how that makes them stupid when they picked up two extra 3rds, moving down only 7 spots. Spot on with Zimmer being a poor Lovie though...

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Holy Shit........listen to the other video on there with the ESPN guys and listen to Booger McFarland's take on who he thinks they should have taken between Jones and Fields. That's some fucking next level stupid shit.
Sorry but id rather poke the head of my dick with a hot iron than listen to Booger

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Pace knew he needed to save his job. He was going to do pretty much whatever it took to make a splashy pick.

Add in the fact that Pace has often given up too much in trades or free agency so giving up a 1st rounder probably came pretty easy to him.

That said, I am glad he did what he did. Landing a guy like Fields is like a dream come true.