The Walking Dead

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I still like Dexter better, but this is climbing up there fast. Definitely top 5. Not sure where I put it though, would have to remember the other 3.

Ymono37

Liked Posts:
I love how the episodes come out for DL merely an hour or 2 after the show airs. I DL'd it last night, and will watch it today. I can't wait, LOVE this show.

Mine is in the DVR as well, so if there's ep 2 discussions please give us a spoiler warning!

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
Mine is in the DVR as well, so if there's ep 2 discussions please give us a spoiler warning!

I've already found out more than I wanted to thanks to other people and their lack of spoiler on another site... should be an interesting show, I can't wait
<

The torrents are 2.1 Gig's per show though... that's some crazy HD shit right there. I think it actually looks better on my laptop than on my TV
<

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm loving this series.

Just in time as there was a hole in my TV viewing on Sundays at 9 pm with "The Glades" being done for the year. I won't go into detail for episode 2 and spoil anything for those that haven't seen it yet, but it was as good as the 1st.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

wait. I thought you read the graphic novels? How can we spoil it for you?

Ymono37

Liked Posts:
wait. I thought you read the graphic novels? How can we spoil it for you?

I haven't read all of them... and that was a few years ago.

Plus, they always change shit when they bring stuff to tv.

supraman

Liked Posts:
I'll spoil everything. There are very few humans and a whole-o-zombies. Zombies also smell bad. There spoiled.

So here's the question I have about a zombie outbreak. Somewhere it would have to have an epicenter. Say like New York or LA do to coasts and size. If there was a big enough outbreak, cut the losses and nuke it. Wouldn't that be better than losing the entire population of the Americans at the very least? Would that not be the lesser of two evils?

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
I'll spoil everything. There are very few humans and a whole-o-zombies. Zombies also smell bad. There spoiled.

So here's the question I have about a zombie outbreak. Somewhere it would have to have an epicenter. Say like New York or LA do to coasts and size. If there was a big enough outbreak, cut the losses and nuke it. Wouldn't that be better than losing the entire population of the Americans at the very least? Would that not be the lesser of two evils?

well that depends on how the original infestation happened, and how quickly it spreads. a nuke may not do anything but make that land unlivable after the outbreak has been contained via other means, especially if there were numerous epicenters. I mean I would take quite a long time to discover exactly what was going on in the first place (doctors would only know about the fever and the bite, and then the hospital would get wiped out, leaving noone to inform the authorities, and then it would quickly spread from there.

supraman

Liked Posts:
well that depends on how the original infestation happened, and how quickly it spreads. a nuke may not do anything but make that land unlivable after the outbreak has been contained via other means, especially if there were numerous epicenters. I mean I would take quite a long time to discover exactly what was going on in the first place (doctors would only know about the fever and the bite, and then the hospital would get wiped out, leaving noone to inform the authorities, and then it would quickly spread from there.

True but i was thinking of the one epicenter theory. It could certainly spread in multiple areas at once and the ease of travel worldwide even if you contained it to one city, odds are some people will have traveled therefore infecting other areas but if you had ONE major area that is was concentrated on, would you drop the bomb on them? I mean I don't think Zombies can survive being vaporized and seem to explode like anything else too.

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
True but i was thinking of the one epicenter theory. It could certainly spread in multiple areas at once and the ease of travel worldwide even if you contained it to one city, odds are some people will have traveled therefore infecting other areas but if you had ONE major area that is was concentrated on, would you drop the bomb on them? I mean I don't think Zombies can survive being vaporized and seem to explode like anything else too.

They did that in a zombie movie I watched before. It didnt work, the fallout carried the zombie disease and spread it.

canucklehead

Liked Posts:

I'd be more inclined to go with the giant freaking fence proposal in the epicenter theory.setup a perimeter to keep anything from getting through while it's being put up (chainlink goes up remarkably fast, especially if started at multiple locations around the city, and could be done within a couple hours). then a larger, more permanent wall could be setup just outside that perimeter, with armed guard towers, and even automated turrets which shoot anything that moves. special quarantine areas could be setup to ensure that the infection does not spread outside the hot zone, but could allow for the non-infected to leave. a nuke would only make that entire area inhabitable in the future... also, what TSD said. Just because the zombies are gone, doesn't mean the infection doesn't spread, as the virus could be blown in the wind/concussive blast that ensues.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be more inclined to go with the giant freaking fence proposal in the epicenter theory.setup a perimeter to keep anything from getting through while it's being put up (chainlink goes up remarkably fast, especially if started at multiple locations around the city, and could be done within a couple hours). then a larger, more permanent wall could be setup just outside that perimeter, with armed guard towers, and even automated turrets which shoot anything that moves. special quarantine areas could be setup to ensure that the infection does not spread outside the hot zone, but could allow for the non-infected to leave. a nuke would only make that entire area inhabitable in the future... also, what TSD said. Just because the zombies are gone, doesn't mean the infection doesn't spread, as the virus could be blown in the wind/concussive blast that ensues.

Sort of like Resident Evil?

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Assuming the zombies are still made of organic flesh that decomposes, I'd just hunker down somewhere with enough food, water and a shit ton of weapons/ammo for about a month and there'd be nothing left but bones. The real problem would be dealing with the other survivors and the resulting anarchy (which is the more important story line in Walking Dead).

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
Assuming the zombies are still made of organic flesh that decomposes, I'd just hunker down somewhere with enough food, water and a shit ton of weapons/ammo for about a month and there'd be nothing left but bones. The real problem would be dealing with the other survivors and the resulting anarchy (which is the more important story line in Walking Dead).

a unibomber-esque cabin in the mountains/middle of the desert seems to make the most sense. either way, I'd be heading for the least populated area possible... like utah... or Nunavit.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Alright using the walking dead Zombie model. They are killable and from the guy pocketing a zombie it seems they can be destroyed by concussive force. So in that theory a nuke has to work. Sure they'd survive radiation and fallout but the actually explosive force will kill them.

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
Alright using the walking dead Zombie model. They are killable and from the guy pocketing a zombie it seems they can be destroyed by concussive force. So in that theory a nuke has to work. Sure they'd survive radiation and fallout but the actually explosive force will kill them.

you could spread the virus much quicker, thanks to that concussive force. you may just make it worse than a fix all.

Napalm would work better. just burning, no explosions.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you could spread the virus much quicker, thanks to that concussive force. you may just make it worse than a fix all.

The smoke from burning them spread the virus in Return of the Living Dead. That's what really started the out break.

supraman

Liked Posts:

I dont know this so I am asking. I thought the virus had to be transferred via bodily fluid.