The Walking Dead

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fucking carol the mastermind!!!

I have a feeling we will see a flashback of the conversation.
"They are going to string you up. I will set you free on one condition....."

I really liked these last couple episodes (magna story and escape excluded...just dont care).

I was pleased that negan did his thing. It was in the comic, but the show frequently veers away from that.
During the negan/alpha nude scene, negan referenced "this isnt some praying mantis thing is it?"
I would have been bummed if that was a nod to the comics and negan decapitating her, and then they veered off to another route.
I am glad they followed through.

Beta is in fact famous. That scene was pretty cool. I like that they dropped the clue (literally) in FTWD.

So- now we look forward to a beta rampage.
As silly as the whole tunneling thing was, it let's you know beta is slippery enough to show up anywhere any time.

I would love to see beta vs. Negan and daryl combined, but my gut combined with television equality tell me negan fought one boss, so daryl gets the other.
Maybe a daryl Zeke combo.

Aaron seeing negan in the skin mask is a dangling thread.
The scene didnt really pose a threat to negan or slow down his mission, so why was it in there? Just to throw us, the viewer, off the scent of negan taking out alpha?
I dont think so... I am going out on a limb and saying aaron will run in to negan at some point soon, and aaron will NOT know about alpha..leading to negan and aaron getting in to it and possibly a cliffhanger where you think one will kill the other.

All in all, a great couple of episodes. Enough to make me overlook the cave scene for a bit.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Carrol has been such a useless mess until yesterday’s episode

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Beta side note- does he come hunting for alphas head so he can wear her face now that his mask is torn?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
While I will say the episode finished up well, was no one else annoyed that they built up a battle.... initiated a battle... got to the middle of the battle... lol and then just cut to the aftermath.

So Hilltop had their defenses breached, they were effectively surrounded and under siege, but somehow all the known characters and children made it out, but in a fashion where they all split up ala every fucking time any settlement falls.

What is it with TWD and these cookie cutter "Omg our place has been overrun, everyone split up into smaller groups and scatter" plots.

Btw as far as Hilltop defenses go... I'm sorry you fuckers have had years to build up... no one knows how to mix/pour concrete?

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
While I will say the episode finished up well, was no one else annoyed that they built up a battle.... initiated a battle... got to the middle of the battle... lol and then just cut to the aftermath.

So Hilltop had their defenses breached, they were effectively surrounded and under siege, but somehow all the known characters and children made it out, but in a fashion where they all split up ala every fucking time any settlement falls.

What is it with TWD and these cookie cutter "Omg our place has been overrun, everyone split up into smaller groups and scatter" plots.

Btw as far as Hilltop defenses go... I'm sorry you fuckers have had years to build up... no one knows how to mix/pour concrete?

I am good with the way they showed the battle- I have seen enough zombie over-runs to know how it goes.
They showed how they funneled and blocked them out, so that was enough.
In all honesty, that type of threat being a repeat, I would rather see the it the way they showed it rather than an hour of ZOMG THIS GUY ALMOST GOT BIT BUT SO AND SO CAME AND SAVED HIM LAST MINUTE!!
The option would have been make last nights episode all zombie fight and the actual story lines would happen next week. Fuck that.

We saw Aaron and co practicing that formation on the beach, so they showed that process worked and that was enough.

The splitting up and meeting at pre planned rendezvous points was a wise pre-planned move.
Small groups can ditch zombies, a huge group would attract them.
I would say the hole in their plan is all the kids in one group.
It would be far wiser to split them evenly among the groups- but maybe that wasn't an option.

Daryl did address the segmenting of groups with Judith last week- saying if Zeke told her to go, she goes, no matter if she knows where daryl is or not. He expected them all to split, and I thought is was progress to expect that and plan for it this time rather than have the whole Prison scattered to the wind mess.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

That happened in game of thrones cause of budgets and unimaginative writers

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am good with the way they showed the battle- I have seen enough zombie over-runs to know how it goes.
They showed how they funneled and blocked them out, so that was enough.
In all honesty, that type of threat being a repeat, I would rather see the it the way they showed it rather than an hour of ZOMG THIS GUY ALMOST GOT BIT BUT SO AND SO CAME AND SAVED HIM LAST MINUTE!!
The option would have been make last nights episode all zombie fight and the actual story lines would happen next week. Fuck that.

We saw Aaron and co practicing that formation on the beach, so they showed that process worked and that was enough.

The splitting up and meeting at pre planned rendezvous points was a wise pre-planned move.
Small groups can ditch zombies, a huge group would attract them.
I would say the hole in their plan is all the kids in one group.
It would be far wiser to split them evenly among the groups- but maybe that wasn't an option.

Daryl did address the segmenting of groups with Judith last week- saying if Zeke told her to go, she goes, no matter if she knows where daryl is or not. He expected them all to split, and I thought is was progress to expect that and plan for it this time rather than have the whole Prison scattered to the wind mess.

Agree to disagree... if you're gonna build up that battle, show it to me.

Show me how it went... show me how the fuck Magna was walking in the horde with no guts, no mask... and how did Yumiko get her the hell out?

What happened to the blacksmith dude? How'd he get bit... how did he end up being the one to grab the kids?

This perpetuates this extremely lazy writing where they just fast forward past explaining their nonsense and get to people talking about their feelings.

If you want them to fast forward thru the say 1-2 hours of fighting before the defenders broke and withdrew... ok fine you can do a short montage to that point, but fuck at least show me how they escaped... show me that the plan was to split up and how they got out of Hilltop and why the Whisperers left Hilltop as well... why the fuck was Zeke just randomly under some sheet metal and no one was left at Hilltop?

This is turning into Game of Thrones final 2 seasons where the writers just pick plot points and then magic hand-wave everything..... no time constraints... no travel constraints.... no weather constraints.... no political constraints.... no confrontations (unless part of plot point).... just fast forward to the next plot point.

Might as well just fast forward from last night's episode to Rick and CommonWealth showing up.... then fast forward to a scene where Rick is meeting Judith at a Starbucks where she is going to college, /end show

I mean where does it end?

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The hilltop "defense". LOL.

Drop all the trees within a mile. Use the trunks for building, leave the branches as deadfall- tangle the zombies up.
Agree to disagree... if you're gonna build up that battle, show it to me.

Show me how it went... show me how the fuck Magna was walking in the horde with no guts, no mask... and how did Yumiko get her the hell out?

What happened to the blacksmith dude? How'd he get bit... how did he end up being the one to grab the kids?

This perpetuates this extremely lazy writing where they just fast forward past explaining their nonsense and get to people talking about their feelings.

If you want them to fast forward thru the say 1-2 hours of fighting before the defenders broke and withdrew... ok fine you can do a short montage to that point, but fuck at least show me how they escaped... show me that the plan was to split up and how they got out of Hilltop and why the Whisperers left Hilltop as well... why the fuck was Zeke just randomly under some sheet metal and no one was left at Hilltop?

This is turning into Game of Thrones final 2 seasons where the writers just pick plot points and then magic hand-wave everything..... no time constraints... no travel constraints.... no weather constraints.... no political constraints.... no confrontations (unless part of plot point).... just fast forward to the next plot point.

Might as well just fast forward from last night's episode to Rick and CommonWealth showing up.... then fast forward to a scene where Rick is meeting Judith at a Starbucks where she is going to college, /end show

I mean where does it end?

I can dig it- I Just am wearing thin on the whisperer schtick, and zombie attacks by extension.
i would rather have story.

Zeke under the metal was horse shit. Maybe they flash back to zeke getting his ass knocked out, the old dude taking the kids and throwing the metal over him to "hide him". My guess is they eventually explain how it happened because that is just stupid if they leave it to us to assume he got knocked out by the debris and wound up underneath it.
Gotta throw magna in there too- wandering like a zombie, we see her. Next time we see her she is all good.
I dont mind a good non-linear story like Jadis and the garbage people.
I expect flashbacks.

On the old dude with the kids- I kind of like how it played out. Dude was gutsy to pound that spike and try and put himself down... fitting last effort for a tough guy.
Real life murphys law popped in, and he killed himself pretty much but didnt totally get the job done.
Knowing my luck, that is probably exactly how it would play out for me.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
On the Negan front, I dug his story about his wife. it fits who he is.
Giving Alpha one last shot fits who he was back in the savior days.
It really did seem as though he was trying to talk sense in to her, and he might have let her live if he could have. It fits his "people are a resource" mindset. She would be a strong resource.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
On the Negan front, I dug his story about his wife. it fits who he is.
Giving Alpha one last shot fits who he was back in the savior days.
It really did seem as though he was trying to talk sense in to her, and he might have let her live if he could have. It fits his "people are a resource" mindset. She would be a strong resource.

Interesting to see what he becomes next.

Considering it looks like Carol was the mastermind to get him out to go kill Alpha, and he completed the task and returned... have to think he will become a member of the group now, unless Aaron winds up killing him.

TBH I was hoping Negan would have this turnaround and lead a fight against the Whisperers and do some shit-talking as a protagonist...

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Considering it looks like Carol was the mastermind to get him out to go kill Alpha, and he completed the task and returned... have to think he will become a member of the group now, unless Aaron winds up killing him.

TBH I was hoping Negan would have this turnaround and lead a fight against the Whisperers and do some shit-talking as a protagonist...

You may get it with beta in revenge mode.

dude is a barely restrained monster as it is, now it is 100% his way.

I said it before, and I still want it- Negan/Daryl beta showdown.
Daryl should be severely compromised with his recent stab wounds, and he almost got wasted by beta when he was full strength. Beta should mop the floor with him, so Negan in the game would even it up- and with that comes the mouth.

... Does zeke sacrifice himself coming up? or does the introduction of the coming antagonist change his prognosis?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Was expecting this route to be taken with Negan. The classic heel turned good guy thing. Problem is you don't want him to be too good or he loses his edge.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You may get it with beta in revenge mode.

dude is a barely restrained monster as it is, now it is 100% his way.

I said it before, and I still want it- Negan/Daryl beta showdown.
Daryl should be severely compromised with his recent stab wounds, and he almost got wasted by beta when he was full strength. Beta should mop the floor with him, so Negan in the game would even it up- and with that comes the mouth.

... Does zeke sacrifice himself coming up? or does the introduction of the coming antagonist change his prognosis?
Would make sense to target Beta and take him out now...not in a fair fight but just a quick effective sneak attack. Probably not the way they go though since it doesn't make for good TV.

Zeke has spent more time on Death Row than any character I recall. His death has been expected for so long. Certain it will end up being a sacrificial thing.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Would make sense to target Beta and take him out now...not in a fair fight but just a quick effective sneak attack. Probably not the way they go though since it doesn't make for good TV.

Zeke has spent more time on Death Row than any character I recall. His death has been expected for so long. Certain it will end up being a sacrificial thing.

I just found myself kind of hoping he would be zeke the human rather than king for a while. I like him that way.
I would guess sacrifice, but i would not discount his prognosis changing due to yet to be seen forces.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Given that he has cancer, you have to think that Zeke will sacrifice himself to save someone else. But I can see him also dying naturally, which would be nice considering everything he's lost. But my guess is that he dies saving Carol or some shit.

I also really don't know what to expect with Negan. I don't think he's going to go back to being "bad" Negan... but I also have a hard time thinking that the group will accept him as one of their own. He brutally killed people they loved.. I doubt they ever get over it.

I have a feeling he helps them defeat the Whisperers, then they let him go his own way. Maybe we see him down the line again.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yeah this new character made where she was going interesting and now it’s a complete bust

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Poor judith. Both parents are ditching her.
I had assumed michonne would find a lead on rick at the island...for all I know the helicopter people may be based on that or a nearby island... and that would be her departure. Eventually show up with rick in a movie or a few episodes at the end of the series when it all closes up shop.
Going that route, I assumed judith and RJ would go with her.

Now you gotta wonder where they go. Does daryl take them?
Father gabriel?
I figured this is how it would play out.
So michonne is in fact gonna ditch the kids. Nice.

I am thinking rick is slave labor for the helicopter people.. looking for arms on that island.
He knew he was close to oceanside and left his shit and maybe disabled the boat in Hope's his people would find him.

The episode itself didnt do it for me.
The group at the end I am guessing is a Georgie group headed for the commonwealth.

The lingering question I have is the timeline. How long was michonne captive?
Judith said alpha cant hurt them- so was it a day or so and alphas head showed up?
If so, they still have beta and the hoard to worry about.

Or, was it several days and did they already stamp out beta and the hoard?
Were the previews for next weeks episode things that happened prior to judith having michonne ditch her, or is it coming after?

Bitch move on michonne part to run off and leave her kid to tell everyone.
At the least she should have debriefed with leadership.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As an aside- when they showed scenes from upcoming episodes, for a moment I thought beta on the porch looked like it could have been at gunslingers gulch.

The timelines and location doesn't jibe, but it gave me a quick pause.