The Walking Dead

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last night's episode was the third episode this season that I straight up fell asleep watching.

I think that is the best review I can give Season 10.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So Michonne's exit from the show was just a new plot line... so she's taking a break and will be back in similar or same capacity as Rick.

This whole season feels disjointed af

The show needs a central protagonist, IMO it will continue to feel disjointed until it has one.

And I cringe because you know they will try to make Maggie a female Rick when she returns.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I cringe because you know they will try to make Maggie a female Rick when she returns.

Probably.

There were a ton of stories about the actress being pretty bitter with AMC just two short years ago...to get her back must have taken a lot of promises.

So it will actually become "The Carol & Maggie Show featuring Georgie" with guest appearances by their errand boys Norman Reedus & Jeffery Dean Morgan.

Oh....joy?!?!?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Probably.

There were a ton of stories about the actress being pretty bitter with AMC just two short years ago...to get her back must have taken a lot of promises.

So it will actually become "The Carol & Maggie Show featuring Georgie" with guest appearances by their errand boys Norman Reedus & Jeffery Dean Morgan.

Oh....joy?!?!?
Since her show crashed and burned, maybe she crawled back?
Who cares- never had any interest in Maggie's story.
Her as the leader of hilltop just didnt do it for me.

If I had to pick, I am putting eugene in charge of hilltop with daryl as enforcer.
Father gabriel gets alexandria, and aaron gets oceanside.

As it stands, this season would have been much better condensed to half the amount of episodes with this past episode stripped of the michonne hallucinations and have this be the season break.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Since her show crashed and burned, maybe she crawled back?
Who cares- never had any interest in Maggie's story.
Her as the leader of hilltop just didnt do it for me.

If I had to pick, I am putting eugene in charge of hilltop with daryl as enforcer.
Father gabriel gets alexandria, and aaron gets oceanside.

As it stands, this season would have been much better condensed to half the amount of episodes with this past episode stripped of the michonne hallucinations and have this be the season break.

I mean... you're gonna care when they shove Maggie-Rick down your throat lol

I agree with @Jamais Vu this is going farther down this path of #GirlPower

The only men left in TWD world are bitch boys... yes even Daryl.

Somehow a world-ending apocalypse allowed only strong female leaders and idiot bitch boys.

Women = Strong and Smart and Capable

Men = Weak and Stupid and Incompetent without female direction

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I mean... you're gonna care when they shove Maggie-Rick down your throat lol

I agree with @Jamais Vu this is going farther down this path of #GirlPower

The only men left in TWD world are bitch boys... yes even Daryl.

Somehow a world-ending apocalypse allowed only strong female leaders and idiot bitch boys.

Women = Strong and Smart and Capable

Men = Weak and Stupid and Incompetent without female direction
That’s modern Hollywood in a nutshell. It’s not just walking dead. Look at marvel new direction look what they did to Star Wars ghostbuster etc etc.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Michonne's exit from the show was just a new plot line... so she's taking a break and will be back in similar or same capacity as Rick.

This whole season feels disjointed af

The show needs a central protagonist, IMO it will continue to feel disjointed until it has one.

Was it a new plot line though? We've known about this coming movies series for a long time so learned nothing new this episode. Just got to see Michonne tripping on some drugs on finding stuff that belonged to the "brave man" who once got on his knees to Negan while trembling in fear.

She did nothing to contribute to the current story line or help her peeps out in the least bit. The only new thing we learn about her is that she's the worst mom ever

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Was it a new plot line though? We've known about this coming movies series for a long time so learned nothing new this episode. Just got to see Michonne tripping on some drugs on finding stuff that belonged to the "brave man" who once got on his knees to Negan while trembling in fear.

She did nothing to contribute to the current story line or help her peeps out in the least bit. The only new thing we learn about her is that she's the worst mom ever

New plot line is that we/she knows (or believes) Rick is alive and her focus is finding him, not returning to her people with a cache of weapons which never existed.

It was a barely competent explanation for her character exiting the regular show without her dying.

It is a hair better than Maggie's exit which was explained by other characters more/less saying "Yeah she took her infant on a mission to hangout with Georgie, no contact, no clue on if or when she might return."

They had to finalize Michonne's exit, that episode was the completion of her nonsensical exit.

Since there was zero chance anything in the episode would feed back into the show plot, it was naturally stupid and disjointed from the overall narrative.

Woulda been better if she had died while getting the message out that Rick was alive.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That’s modern Hollywood in a nutshell. It’s not just walking dead. Look at marvel new direction look what they did to Star Wars ghostbuster etc etc.

TWD is worse IMO because it has been going for 10 years now, and the context of a zombie apocalypse is the least likely place for strong female leadership to be widespread.

That's simply because the people who survive shit like this are mostly killers at best, psychopaths at worst.

On average the caveman laws would apply... biggest, strongest, toughest, would end up killing or subjugating the weak.

At least Alpha kinda made sense... she manipulated Beta into being her big ass enforcer, and she was uniquely smart/tough herself.

But the rest... if a dude wanted to take control from Maggie and it went back to the fucking Viking days, the dude probably wins the fight the vast majority of the time.

I'm not saying women can't win fights or use cunning to overcome brute force, but if you're being realistic at some point it will come down to a 1on1 stand off, and then wtf do you do? Fight? Lose?

If Maggie or Carol or Michonne challenge Negan or Rick or Beta to a 1on1 fight, who do you think wins?

Standing toe to toe, no trickery, no opportunity to ambush, no help.... authority questioned.... they get their ass kicked and lose their power.

Luckily they rule over nothing but beta little bitch boys, so it works out well.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I 100% expected there to be a clue to rick on this island sending michonne packing, but I honestly didnt expect the stupid bitch to ditch her kids... or at least see them before leaving.

I mean seriously, what does she think she will find?

There are 2 options.
1- rick is a captive of a group that has cell phones and a massive boat that had good gas 8-10 years after the fall of society.
That is a well equipped group and strong as hell to hold rick.

that is not a quick jaunt and return. especially if she just has a sword.

2- He used the bridge as an escape to get away from michonne and decides to inseminate his way across the country to create the united states of grimes.

.... or 3... and I will straight up turn the tv off or walk out of a theater if it is this.... AMNESIA!!!
I would seriously rather watch daryl be forced by beta to jump a pit of walkers on his motorcycle than get the amnesia trope.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I 100% expected there to be a clue to rick on this island sending michonne packing, but I honestly didnt expect the stupid bitch to ditch her kids... or at least see them before leaving.

I mean seriously, what does she think she will find?

There are 2 options.
1- rick is a captive of a group that has cell phones and a massive boat that had good gas 8-10 years after the fall of society.
That is a well equipped group and strong as hell to hold rick.

that is not a quick jaunt and return. especially if she just has a sword.

2- He used the bridge as an escape to get away from michonne and decides to inseminate his way across the country to create the united states of grimes.

.... or 3... and I will straight up turn the tv off or walk out of a theater if it is this.... AMNESIA!!!
I would seriously rather watch daryl be forced by beta to jump a pit of walkers on his motorcycle than get the amnesia trope.

Or 4... playing off 3.... Rick ended up in a coma for some time.

And yeah they might play the amnesia card when he wakes up.

I think he is probably just captive... some kind of lab rat.... or going thru some kind of indoctrination.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Or 4... playing off 3.... Rick ended up in a coma for some time.

And yeah they might play the amnesia card when he wakes up.

I think he is probably just captive... some kind of lab rat.... or going thru some kind of indoctrination.

Most likely some sort of indentured servitude.
I still think it is some sort of maintenance zombie drug. We shall see, but I am still stick on the a and b thing, and the fully equipped medical chopper that got him expecting an a.

I just cant imagine any other way rick would be held captive for 6+ years.
Shackles and chains? Maybe...but for 6 years?
Rick is a slippery bastard and would find a way to escape or get killed trying.
Believing in their work?
Maybe, but he would have run off at some point to get his family.

I think I am still gonna stick with my original theory- virginia and her people evolve in to the group that eugene is talking to and the helicopter people are a different group and the remains of the government or a top secret group working on a cure.

As for the group michonne spotted- me thinks they are headed the same place eugene is.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Me and my buddy were talking about rick recently trying to decide if he was a badass or not.
He gets his ass kicked an awful lot... but he does keep going.

The governor whooped his ass, shane whooped his ass, negan whooped his ass a couple times, daryl whooped his ass...

Is he a badass?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Me and my buddy were talking about rick recently trying to decide if he was a badass or not.

The governor whooped his ass, shane whooped his ass, negan whooped his ass a couple times, daryl whooped his ass...

Is he a badass?
A badass just keeps coming relentlessly in spite of it all so, in that respect, he's a badass. He's also a lot like a Bears' QB cause he constantly makes bad decisions that bring his peep harm.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Is he a badass?

He's had badass moments.... I'd give it to him.

The moment when those dudes were gonna rape Carl and Rick bit that dude's jugular like a savage....

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's had badass moments.... I'd give it to him.

The moment when those dudes were gonna rape Carl and Rick bit that dude's jugular like a savage....
That was. Certainly a win.

He gets a 10 for tenacity.

He is sneaky and crafty.

...but negan has his ass beat till rick invoked carl and negan gave him an opening.
There is a laundry list of times where he is completely beaten and someone else saves his ass.

Maybe there is no answer. I dig it that way.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That was. Certainly a win.

He gets a 10 for tenacity.

He is sneaky and crafty.

...but negan has his ass beat till rick invoked carl and negan gave him an opening.
There is a laundry list of times where he is completely beaten and someone else saves his ass.

Maybe there is no answer. I dig it that way.

I mean no one is bad ass 100% of the time.

I'd say Rick is/was enough of the time to generally be considered a badass.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean no one is bad ass 100% of the time.

I'd say Rick is/was enough of the time to generally be considered a badass.

Daryl is close- I would put daryl at at least 90% badass.

Morgan? Despite his mental grief, he is afraid of nothing except for himself.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Daryl is close- I would put daryl at at least 90% badass.

Morgan? Despite his mental grief, he is afraid of nothing except for himself.

Daryl is pretty close, but the show is turning him into a pussy-chasing little bitch boy.

Morgan has his badass moments, but to me he is a bit too touchy feely...

Every fucking episode with Morgan in FTWD is liable to have half a dozen "Come to Jesus" talks.