The Walking Dead

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok I am confused again, so Darryl/Carol are doing a spin-off series.

So TWD is ending.... FTWD is maybe ending?

TWD:WB is only a 2 season show.

Now this fourth spin-off will what... continue the overall series? The series that is ending in 2022?

This feels like Morgan all over but now instead of crossing to FTWD, they will run off and start a new show.

Sounds fischy

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kirkman did end the comics, so the timeline makes a lot of sense. So maybe....

This fall you get the last six episodes of TWD #10

That is followed by FTWD & Show #3 leading you into 2021. Then comes the first release of the much hyped Rick Grimes movies. That all works as a flashback until you catch Rick up to the same time as the TWD.

Air the second season of Show #3 which will somehow tie into another Grimey movie and then air the final TWD season two years from now.

That ends not just with show in the Spring, but a third Rick Grimes movie that juices every last drop out of the original source material.

By 2023...you are just left with spin offs. FTWD being left behind on the timeline should keep it's run going if the ratings are still there.

Also....LMAO @ literally writing 'The Carol & Daryll Show'

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kirkman did end the comics, so the timeline makes a lot of sense. So maybe....

This fall you get the last six episodes of TWD #10

That is followed by FTWD & Show #3 leading you into 2021. Then comes the first release of the much hyped Rick Grimes movies. That all works as a flashback until you catch Rick up to the same time as the TWD.

Air the second season of Show #3 which will somehow tie into another Grimey movie and then air the final TWD season two years from now.

That ends not just with show in the Spring, but a third Rick Grimes movie that juices every last drop out of the original source material.

By 2023...you are just left with spin offs. FTWD being left behind on the timeline should keep it's run going if the ratings are still there.

Also....LMAO @ literally writing 'The Daryll Show'

You think they can film/produce three movies in the next 18 months, while filming and producing three shows, and prepping to film/produce a brand new show as well?

Idk it all seems quite compressed, unless they already shot alot of the movies before covid shut things down.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Idk it all seems quite compressed, unless they already shot alot of the movies before covid shut things down

It does seem compressed...more than they wanted I am sure, but I imagine you are back in production for the movies now. Summer of 2021/2022/2023 is doable for three movies with source material to draw from.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It does seem compressed...more than they wanted I am sure, but I imagine you are back in production for the movies now. Summer of 2021/2022/2023 is doable for three movies with source material to draw from.

I think your timeline is off.

They said in the announcement TWD ends in 2022 with season 11.

I don't see how the movies can tie into TWD, then TWD ends and one more movie continues, since the movies are supposed to follow Rick away from the show.

Maybe your timeline, but two movies instead of three?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think your timeline is off.

They said in the announcement TWD ends in 2022 with season 11.

I don't see how the movies can tie into TWD, then TWD ends and one more movie continues, since the movies are supposed to follow Rick away from the show.

Maybe your timeline, but two movies instead of three?

Since I hadnt heard a damn thing about the rick movies getting made (last I heard was pre covid filming in 2020), I wonder if they are gonna "made for t.v." them and work them in as episodes.

My guess was Rick has a big hand in the final overall story and bites it.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
....That super-sized 11th and final season of the mother show in the ever expanding Deadverse franchise will be followed in 2023 with Reedus’ Daryl Dixon, a character that never appeared in the comics, and McBride’s Peletier debuting in their own TWD show.

.... Off the air since early April, Walking Dead returns on October 4 with “A Certain Doom. Delayed because of the coronavirus pandemic, the Greg Nicotero directed episode would have been the show’s Season 10 finale. As Season 10 is now going to have six additional episodes that will be broadcast in 2021, as was announced at the virtual Comic-con@Home on July 24.

I just happened across another article that floated the possibility of the movies hitting AFTER the series finale, which would suck.

it sounds overall like we are looking at a 6 episode season from october on, then the monster sized 24 episode season 11, so 30 to go.

I wanna see both Eugene and daryl get laid, and Zeke hook up with a doctor in the commonwealth and get his thyroid issue taken care of.
I also want to see a kid born post apocalypse die. Still wondering if they are going to use that as an out- kids born of infected people being immune to the zombie virus.

... and fuck it. Let Negan take over all the communities at the end.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Since I hadnt heard a damn thing about the rick movies getting made (last I heard was pre covid filming in 2020), I wonder if they are gonna "made for t.v." them and work them in as episodes.

My guess was Rick has a big hand in the final overall story and bites it.

On their wiki:

In November 2018, Scott Gimple announced on Talking Dead that three The Walking Dead films are in development from AMC Original Films, with Andrew Lincoln signed on to reprise his role as Rick Grimes. The films will focus on the events that follow his exit from the television series. Pollyanna McIntosh will reprise her role from the shows as Jadis.[18]

In July 2019, it was revealed that the films will be released in theaters, rather than on television. The series will follow the continued adventures of Rick, with Gimple serving as screenwriter for the first film.[19] Later that month, Universal Pictures acquired distribution for the film series.[20] Production on the first film is scheduled to begin "as early as 2019".[19] The creators have discussed the possibility of bringing back Corey Hawkins as Heath, who had his role cut short on the show to do other projects.
[21]

Pre-covid, so I don't know if it still holds.

Fuck we've got blockbuster theater releases having to debut on streaming platforms.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
On their wiki:

In November 2018, Scott Gimple announced on Talking Dead that three The Walking Dead films are in development from AMC Original Films, with Andrew Lincoln signed on to reprise his role as Rick Grimes. The films will focus on the events that follow his exit from the television series. Pollyanna McIntosh will reprise her role from the shows as Jadis.[18]

In July 2019, it was revealed that the films will be released in theaters, rather than on television. The series will follow the continued adventures of Rick, with Gimple serving as screenwriter for the first film.[19] Later that month, Universal Pictures acquired distribution for the film series.[20] Production on the first film is scheduled to begin "as early as 2019".[19] The creators have discussed the possibility of bringing back Corey Hawkins as Heath, who had his role cut short on the show to do other projects.
[21]

Pre-covid, so I don't know if it still holds.

Fuck we've got blockbuster theater releases having to debut on streaming platforms.

My buddies dad is in late stages of ALS. dude is a huge comic book collector and was really really looking forward to the Wonder Woman movie before he kicked it.
that christmas date kind of pushes it out of reach for him.

Of all the shit Covid ruined, that right there seems especially depressing to me. It didnt kill him, but it sure took a lot of joy from him.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My buddies dad is in late stages of ALS. dude is a huge comic book collector and was really really looking forward to the Wonder Woman movie before he kicked it.
that christmas date kind of pushes it out of reach for him.

Of all the shit Covid ruined, that right there seems especially depressing to me. It didnt kill him, but it sure took a lot of joy from him.

Sorry to hear that... ALS is an awful disease.

My Aunt's partner passed from it a couple years back.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sorry to hear that... ALS is an awful disease.

My Aunt's partner passed from it a couple years back.

From what I hear it is awful... and my poor buddy is the caretaker, works more than full time, has a young child, and a wife with MS to deal with.

dude is a saint to still be caring and devoted to his pops like that through everything als brings with it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Is the walking dead popular enough to be a theatre released movie? And considering covid is tanking what would have been blockbuster movies(hope it doesn’t kill dune cause the preview looks great) is it good enough for a 25% full theatre where not every state even allows them to be open.

maybe 3 years ago but popularity dropped enough I feel it should be a made for TV movie. Good luck making anything in theaters

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is the walking dead popular enough to be a theatre released movie? And considering covid is tanking what would have been blockbuster movies(hope it doesn’t kill dune cause the preview looks great) is it good enough for a 25% full theatre where not every state even allows them to be open.

maybe 3 years ago but popularity dropped enough I feel it should be a made for TV movie. Good luck making anything in theaters

I had much the same thought.... they missed the boat on big theater movies.

And considering everyone is releasing to streaming early because of covid anyways, I doubt AMC will put a ton into a big theater release of any kind.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
They should just wrap the whole fucking thing up..... Catching bits and pieces of the earlier seasons on AMC randomly and it was SO SO much better in the earlier years.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They should just wrap the whole fucking thing up..... Catching bits and pieces of the earlier seasons on AMC randomly and it was SO SO much better in the earlier years.

I was lucky enough to not join the party until Carl got bit.
Got to see who negan whomped in 5 minutes after a snack run rather than a year later.
From there to the end of the saviors was great, but then the next season the series just became a shambles of offshoots in to stupid ass stories.
Hopefully knowing how many episodes are left will keep them on point and limit filler episodes.

They have a lot of story to tell and only 30 episodes to go.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
This series still sucks and this season's opener was turrible.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

That was not a season opener.

They decided to add 7 episodes to season 10 and just kinda.... continue it for some reason.

I lol'd at the Stormtrooper armor.

Cuz I know if I was dealing with zombies, I'd want shiny bright white armor that is both extremely visible and will be extremely hard to keep clean... cuz.... fucking zombies lol.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

My expectations were severely lowered this past season, but revisiting the "piped piper" act to dispose of literally a thousand zombies was super lazy.

Can someone give me one logical reason every last one walked off a cliff???

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That was not a season opener.

They decided to add 7 episodes to season 10 and just kinda.... continue it for some reason.

I lol'd at the Stormtrooper armor.

Cuz I know if I was dealing with zombies, I'd want shiny bright white armor that is both extremely visible and will be extremely hard to keep clean... cuz.... fucking zombies lol.

Their goal is to eliminate zombies, not hide from them.
this is coming from the comics, but they have a very regimented way to cut down hordes and drawing them in is part of it.
Every other group we have met from day 1 is trying to exist in a zombie filled world. These guys aim to create a zombie free world, so stealth is a negative.

Beyond that, the armor plays in to the mindset of the final storyline and the structure of the society they are going to mix with.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My expectations were severely lowered this past season, but revisiting the "piped piper" act to dispose of literally a thousand zombies was super lazy.

Can someone give me one logical reason every last one walked off a cliff???

That was super weak.
There was also zero suspense when Carol was walking them towards the cliff- once they announced carol and daryl have their own spinoff down the road, it is impossible to take any danger either one of them get in to seriously- we know they make it.

I also thought the Beta showdown was crap. We saw a bigger "battle" between the oceanside chick and the whisperer that caused her death.

Reactions: BNB