The Walking Dead

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I feel like the Maggie/Negan thing is telegraphed....

Maggie will eventually go to kill Negan or get an opportunity, and she won't do it.

I would not be surprised if Negan gets some opportunity to save little Hershel or something trite like that, to tip the proverbial scales against Maggie killing him.

In the end she won't kill him, but she also won't forgive him... and she'll say something like "You can live every day the rest of your life carrying the burden of what you did."

Or he'll say something similar.

Dark Horse: Maggie tries to kill Negan in his bed in the middle of the night and ends up fucking him ala that scene in Troy where Brad Pitt fucks the priestess.

TO the bolded- I will be VERY disappointed if that plays out. They already played that card when he was in jail.

My guess is Negan is now emboldened by his decision to face shit head on and not live in exile. He will confront her at some point and tell her "you had the chance, and I begged you to do it. You chose to let me suffer. Now, you have to live with your decision".

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I just watched this episode tonight and I am dum braned with my second Pfizer shot atm, I cannot seem to fall asleep so here goes.

While I enjoyed the episode it was still predictable dum show writing. It literally is a soap opera that dudes can tolerate.

I knew he was going to break Lucille on that zombie, I knew he was going to go back and kill that biker gang, I knew Lucille was going to be dead when he got back (Admittedly I thought she was just going to be dead from cancer not suicide), I knew he was going to go back to Alexandria, I knew that he and maggie were going to see each other again immediately.

Sorry for the run on sentence, but this seemed rather easy to predict, and digest.

My wife was sitting next to me and said "She will be dead before he gets back" mid scene when he is telling her he is going to get her meds. It was a predictable episode.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have recently turned on this New Negan and honestly now want to see Maggie murder him in the most brutal way possible.

I tried to tell you girl!!!

#NEGANISBACK

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Left on a cliffhanger watch them show him come back and help lol

I dunno man.

That line about how he is not going to die like a dog in the dirt like her man did was brutal. He's being way more proactive in this fresly renewed rivalry and I don't see a reconciliation coming.

But I am still rooting for Maggie to brutally murder Negan, so maybe I am just biased.

(Although Negan taking out Maggie could be just as entertaining)

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I dunno man.

That line about how he is not going to die like a dog in the dirt like her man did was brutal. He's being way more proactive in this fresly renewed rivalry and I don't see a reconciliation coming.

But I am still rooting for Maggie to brutally murder Negan, so maybe I am just biased.

(Although Negan taking out Maggie could be just as entertaining)
I hope so. He’s been the best villain. Good neegan just doesn’t do it for me

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Finally jumped back in and have watched the first 3.
Something to kill time but that is about it.
For those that read the comics, the commonwealth is looking to play out in similar fashion with yumiko playing the part of michonne.

The negan Maggie quest eventually morphs in to a predictable circumstance.

The carol storyline is boring as shit and pointless character depth tripe.

I am gonna see it through, and hope for a Daryl rick reunion now that the movie status has been sent in to Flux by covid.

I want to see a cure or immunity for walkid-10.

The easy and available wrapup is babies born after the fall having natural immunity.
As far as we have seen on screen, no children born after the fall have died and turned.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Half this episode so far is the all female version of Yellowstone

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Half this episode so far is the all female version of Yellowstone
lmao

I am having a hard time with the recycled character development shit and boring ass enemies. The commonwealth will be interesting, but the Reapers seem to be a hybrid of the Wolves and the Saviors. Nothing more than a reason to throw maggie and Negan together.

My award for the most compelling character growth so far goes to the Walkers.
It is about time they hit the point of stasis.
No matter what it is that makes them what they are, physics are physics- they need energy because they expend energy.
how many times have we seen walkers shuffling around endlessly in a room that was locked well over a decade ago? Their resources should have been completely consumed.

Seeing that warehouse of army walkers laying dormant until triggered in to movement makes sense.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
On a semi-related note... FTWD nuking texas was a dumb spur of the moment choice by the showrunners.

Fear is at least 5-7 years behind TWD.

At some point over that time frame, somebody on TWD would have run across someone who knew of the blasts.
Any living human with any sense would have evacuated the area, and over 7 years I find it highly doubtful that someone who knew of them would not have found their way to alexandria or wherever maggie was from.

That is too large of an event for it not to be a conversation for every traveler that runs across anyone else.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Had no willpower to wait- went ahead and watched episode 4.

No spoilers, the only plot point I will mention is within the description of the upcoming episode.

...Daryl meets the reapers.
Are they badass? Yes. Are they crazy? Yes.
Do I care? No.
Just seems like more filler, and it takes up the whole episode.

Maybe it plays in to the greater world of the last season, but it doesn't really feel like it.
Beyond that, there are no stakes for daryl. We know him and carol are getting a show, so we know they will both be fine. Zero suspense.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Yes, not impressed with season 11. The Reapers are so old hat, all of it... crazy killer leader, they already did this a few times... it's such a backtrack from the Whisperers; they need to just wipe them out and move on.

The journey in the subways was alright, up until they met teh Reapers. The Commonwealth is alright... but the interrogation really dragged to go for 4 eps. And Carol's group and horses... so boring. I didn't even hardly understand what they were talking about.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, not impressed with season 11. The Reapers are so old hat, all of it... crazy killer leader, they already did this a few times... it's such a backtrack from the Whisperers; they need to just wipe them out and move on.

The journey in the subways was alright, up until they met teh Reapers. The Commonwealth is alright... but the interrogation really dragged to go for 4 eps. And Carol's group and horses... so boring. I didn't even hardly understand what they were talking about.
Yep, been the same type thing throughout. Always another group that poses more danger than anything else. ya get the little twist with Daryl's ex being on the other side but that was just kinda silly anyway. Commonwealth did show more hope but has been really dragged out as you say. Figure they've set up a more civilized, commercial society but not necessarily a preferable one. Likely a CCP type thing.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The easy and available wrapup is babies born after the fall having natural immunity.
As far as we have seen on screen, no children born after the fall have died and turned.

Because the CDC was blown up in season 1, they may not be able to conduct studies to see how effective natural immunity actually is or how long it lasts. Looks like they'll have to stab people in the head forever just to be on the safe side.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Because the CDC was blown up in season 1, they may not be able to conduct studies to see how effective natural immunity actually is or how long it lasts. Looks like they'll have to stab people in the head forever just to be on the safe side.
Wouldn't be an issue if they made the zombies wear bite proof masks.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Side note....spoiler if you are not caught up to current.

Ezekiel is gonna live. I dont think it is coincidence that yumikos brother is in the commonwealth, and oh...he is a thoracic surgeon.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Yep, been the same type thing throughout. Always another group that poses more danger than anything else. ya get the little twist with Daryl's ex being on the other side but that was just kinda silly anyway.
Yep. Daryl and the woman was only what? one or two eps at the most. I never got impression they were that close. After watching those... a million years ago... I don't even remember anything about her except she was blonde. So yeah, I don't care about her or Daryl's relationship with her, cause it was a poor dramatic attempt to establish that.

Commonwealth did show more hope but has been really dragged out as you say. Figure they've set up a more civilized, commercial society but not necessarily a preferable one. Likely a CCP type thing.
Yes, exactly. I wonder if they have a Youtube and Twitter that censors anything they don't like by labeling it "misinformation"? Four legs good, two legs misinformation.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Side note....spoiler if you are not caught up to current.

Ezekiel is gonna live. I dont think it is coincidence that yumikos brother is in the commonwealth, and oh...he is a thoracic surgeon.
LOL, I wish I was enjoying it enough to notice that.

Wouldn't be an issue if they made the zombies wear bite proof masks.
What if they're able to coerse everyone into getting a vaccine poor enough to excluded walkers without papers from sophisticated society? Got to think outside the box.

Last edited:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did anyone else do a double take when "the commander" showed himself in episode 4? I thought it was Walter White for a second.