The Walking Dead

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Did anyone else do a double take when "the commander" showed himself in episode 4? I thought it was Walter White for a second.
Holy shit- when he walked in I thought the same thing!

related note- early on when daryl had short hair and was riding Merles bike, he dug in there for antibiotics or something that was in a bag of drugs.
There was a bag of walter whites blue meth in there.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did anyone else do a double take when "the commander" showed himself in episode 4? I thought it was Walter White for a second.

early on when daryl had short hair and was riding Merles bike, he dug in there for antibiotics or something that was in a bag of drugs.
There was a bag of walter whites blue meth in there.

Oh man...have you guys seen the online theory brewing that Breaking Bad is really the prequel to the Walking Dead and that the big end reveal will be it's Heisenberg's Blue Sky meth which caused the Zombie Apocalypse.

It's a huge stretch, but there are a lot of Breaking Bad easter eggs all over TWD. You already caught one there, but it goes on.

Fundamentally, it suggests that original Walking Dead character Merle Dixon (bought some Blue Sky – which we see with our own eyes in season 1 episode, ‘Guts.’ Later, Merle’s brother Daryl shares the anecdote of the drug deal with Rick Grimes – with the dealer apparently threatening: “I’m going to kill you, bitch.”

Then there is the car Walt buys Walt Jr in BB season 4 which is near-identical to the one driven by a fresh-faced Glenn back in The Walking Dead season one (they both have two black stripes on the front). Evidence supporting that theory doesn’t stop there: when Skylar orders Walt to take the car back, he brings it to ‘Glenn’s Car Lot.’ Rick Grimes is even eventually seen in a Pontiac Aztec, the car Walter White sports before his days as a meth cook.

More recently, the lullabye Alpha sings young Lydia in the flashbacks of the two right after the fall is the 1939 song “Lydia the Tattooed Lady”, which is also Todd's ringtone in the BB Series Finale. It's referred to as "creepy" by drug distributor LYDIA Rodart-Quayl.

I am sure you can Google even more wacky connections & theories online if you want to blow your minds.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh man...have you guys seen the online theory brewing that Breaking Bad is really the prequel to the Walking Dead and that the big end reveal will be it's Heisenberg's Blue Sky meth which caused the Zombie Apocalypse.

It's a huge stretch, but there are a lot of Breaking Bad easter eggs all over TWD. You already caught one there, but it goes on.

Fundamentally, it suggests that original Walking Dead character Merle Dixon (bought some Blue Sky – which we see with our own eyes in season 1 episode, ‘Guts.’ Later, Merle’s brother Daryl shares the anecdote of the drug deal with Rick Grimes – with the dealer apparently threatening: “I’m going to kill you, bitch.”

Then there is the car Walt buys Walt Jr in BB season 4 which is near-identical to the one driven by a fresh-faced Glenn back in The Walking Dead season one (they both have two black stripes on the front). Evidence supporting that theory doesn’t stop there: when Skylar orders Walt to take the car back, he brings it to ‘Glenn’s Car Lot.’ Rick Grimes is even eventually seen in a Pontiac Aztec, the car Walter White sports before his days as a meth cook.

More recently, the lullabye Alpha sings young Lydia in the flashbacks of the two right after the fall is the 1939 song “Lydia the Tattooed Lady”, which is also Todd's ringtone in the BB Series Finale. It's referred to as "creepy" by drug distributor LYDIA Rodart-Quayl.

I am sure you can Google even more wacky connections & theories online if you want to blow your minds.

I absolutely love fan theories, and directors that throw shit in that encourage them.
In the original caravan of cars leaving atlanta in TWD, one of them drives an old cherokee like skylar drove.

The 2 shows share actors as well- one of Negans henchmen was one of the drug dealers Walt ran over with his car.
Carols B.F. in alexandria was a detective in BB.

The shit they used to throw in to TWD is what got me hooked on it.

One of my favorite easter eggs was a crate in the background that said
"Ship to Horlicks University via Julia Carpenter. Arctic Expedition June 19, 1834"
That was a reference to the "creepshow" short "the crate", which in turn was a reference to "the thing".

From the beginning to the end of the saviors, the show was exceptionally well done for the most part.
From post saviors on, it just got stupid and pointless.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My all time favorite fan theory is Gilligan's island.

Gilligan is actually in a relationship with Mary Ann and is trying to get her drug free.

The skipper is doing a drug run- Ginger is a hollywood star looking for a drug hookup and Skipper talked her in to going... probably to get her stoned and take advantage of her.
The professor is there to test the purity of the drugs they were going to buy.
The Howells of course are the purchasers. Why else would they take suitcases of cash on a "three hour tour"?

Mary Ann was on the ship because Gilligan is dating her, she wanted more drugs and to meet a movie star.
The ship gets hit and beached.
Gilligan sees this as an opportunity to get Mary Ann off of drugs, and intentionally thwarts every single escape or rescue attempt until she is clean.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So I watched the upcoming episode.
No spoilers, just venting.

They jumped the shark so badly with the situation Virgil and Connie face.

They cobbled together a handful of pointless, unrelated things people must have seen in other scary movies and said "lets make a big steaming pile of scary with a deeply personal overtone".

You have to watch it to see how deep in to the bottom of the barrel they have gotten in a search for new threats.
Just....terrible. arguably the worst wtf storyline of the series.

I was hoping they would get focused with the finish line in sight...but no. It was a mess.

Off the top of my head, I am going to vomit out a threat people have never faced in the series.
It is a stupid and ridiculous premise.... but less wtf than what Virgil and Connie run in to.

Some dude at the fall stocks up on protein powder and protein bars.
Gets sick or injured.
Hits up a pharmacy for antibiotics or pain meds.
All cleaned out.
Finds steroids. Takes them as his only option.
Decides he likes it, starts hunting more.
Moves in to a gym. Works out, takes roids.
Time goes on, food reserve runs out, starts catching and eating people.

People get less common. Roid fueled and hungry, kills a walker. Cuts out some leg meat, cooks the shit out of it and eats it.

Now- we saw the terminus people eat bob after he was bitten. Would it have killed them? Who knows? We do know that everyone has the virus and will turn. We also know they killed people and ate them, and survived a long time doing so.

Therefor, eating walker meat may not be fatal, especially if it is fresh and well cooked.

Anyway- dude starts living on walker meat, is ridiculously huge and angry from the roids.. like hulk sized muscle, and is so inundated with walker meat that his bites are just as bad as getting bit by a zombie.

...the above dude is literally less "wtf" than this week's new "danger." It is weak.

Last edited:

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Idk wtf I just watched but they went old school with people living under the stairs shit here lol

I watched it last week, and have been dying to hear another reaction to that shitshow.

The inspiration is obvious- someone watched the exorcist or the ring or legion and said "oh my gosh...people on all fours is super scary...lets do that!!!"

Who the fuck is filtering this shit? What possible motivation is there for these people to all crawl?
Being filthy and wearing loincloths.... okay... I can dig it. Why dress up in a zombie apocalypse?

But crawling?
Doesn't hide them from zombies.
Doesn't make them faster.
Doesnt provide a single advantage.

It was literally someone going "lets do super scary crawly people!!!"

For fucks sake...they jumped the shark so high they hit orbit.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I watched it last week, and have been dying to hear another reaction to that shitshow.

The inspiration is obvious- someone watched the exorcist or the ring or legion and said "oh my gosh...people on all fours is super scary...lets do that!!!"

Who the fuck is filtering this shit? What possible motivation is there for these people to all crawl?
Being filthy and wearing loincloths.... okay... I can dig it. Why dress up in a zombie apocalypse?

But crawling?
Doesn't hide them from zombies.
Doesn't make them faster.
Doesnt provide a single advantage.

It was literally someone going "lets do super scary crawly people!!!"

For fucks sake...they jumped the shark so high they hit orbit.
I was waiting for them to start crawling on the ceiling like spiders man lol

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Idk wtf I just watched but they went old school with people living under the stairs shit here lol
I thought the same. I watch the episodes a week early and was thinking did I miss something. Seemed like a special Halloween edition of TWD Haunted House. Guessing the crawling ferals were suppose to be creepier and scarier but....no.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Followed by 17 paragraphs.

WTF is wrong with you?
Nothing, but reading comprehension seems to be a problem with you.

The quick aside-

"Quick aside- Who would have thought Laura would be the one who gave Lucille to Negan?
Dont know if everyone caught that because she didnt have much screen time and didnt yet have the tattoo on her neck, but the doctors daughter is a future lieutenant for the saviors."

....consisted of 2 sentences.

After 2 sentences of the aside, a framing of what I was addressing in the heart of the post-

"Here is some backstory and then my take."

see how that works?

Last edited:

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Was that TWD or The Grudge?

sadako-horror.gif

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nothing, but reading comprehension seems to be a problem with you.

The quick aside-

"Quick aside- Who would have thought Laura would be the one who gave Lucille to Negan?
Dont know if everyone caught that because she didnt have much screen time and didnt yet have the tattoo on her neck, but the doctors daughter is a future lieutenant for the saviors."

....consisted of 2 sentences.

After 2 sentences of the aside, a framing of what I was addressing in the heart of the post-

"Here is some backstory and then my take."

see how that works?

LOL you are one of those dopes that think people actually read a 17 paragraph rambling, misspelled, nonsensical, stream of conciseness. Good for you.

Post more gibberish please.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
How many more episodes of this nonsense? Can't wait until I no longer fall victim to the Sunk Cost fallacy, i.e., I've hung in there so long I can't tap out now.

This season started out exceeding my expectations, but these last two episodes have been absolute shite - especially the mutant cannibal thingers, that was embarrassingly amateur and extraneous.

P.S. - Before end of series, I would like to see Eugene get torn open by walkers.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
P.S. - Before end of series, I would like to see Eugene get torn open by walkers.

I hope they go all 80s horror with it and Eugene dies shortly after FINALLY getting laid.

Also...I didn't hate the feral humanoid things as much as the rest of you, but thought they half-assed it by giving them enough modesty to cover their genitals. If they had been running around buck naked with excrement all over the place...I would have been more impressed.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I hope they go all 80s horror with it and Eugene dies shortly after FINALLY getting laid.

Also...I didn't hate the feral humanoid things as much as the rest of you, but thought they half-assed it by giving them enough modesty to cover their genitals. If they had been running around buck naked with excrement all over the place...I would have been more impressed.
I agree if they would have started throwing poop at each other total game changer bro lol

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I am behind an episode or two, I am not sure, but I will say this. I will be very very happy when this series is over and I am not forced to watch it anymore. Just a few more episodes.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
TWD is ending with a thud similar to that of GoT.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
TWD is ending with a thud similar to that of GoT.

It would piss off everyone worse the 'The Sopranos" finale, but it would be way lulzy if the final episode ended with Rick Grimes waking up in the hospital with Lori & Shane over him as we find out TWD was just Rick Grimes' coma dream.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL you are one of those dopes that think people actually read a 17 paragraph rambling, misspelled, nonsensical, stream of conciseness. Good for you.

Post more gibberish please.
I like how you come in to a discussion about something to cunt about discussion.

Then, you get triggered when you realize your point was invalid and your post was pointless.

someone piss in your cornflakes this morning?