The Walking Dead

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The thread to discuss the new AMC series (and I think 11 series of graphic novels?) of Walking Dead.

And fuck you YMONO, you don't' tell me what to do.

Ymono37

Liked Posts:
The thread to discuss the new AMC series (and I think 11 series of graphic novels?) of Walking Dead.

And fuck you YMONO, you don't' tell me what to do.

You will always listen to me because I am your better.

Anyone else read the graphic novels? I've read the first couple... and because it's a more people-centered story (as opposed to being all about the zombie infection and it's terror) they were a little dry but still good.

maryo

Liked Posts:
I'm impressed with how well the comic is translating to the screen so far. Some of those scenes were straight from the pages. I am ridiculously excited to see how the rest of the series goes.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm waiting for all of them from my friend to start reading them. My two friends who are hard core comics and graphic novel guys actually liked it because it was a really good dramaric story with zombies in it. Instead of just another zombie story. There are like 11 trades or was it 9? I don't remember but my buddy borrowed 1 and 3 from my other friend and it got him to go get 4 5 and 6. Which he then immediately went and got 7 8 and 9 all within like a week or 2. So I would say you might have to give it a full 4 or 5 trades maybe? I know it's a zombie thing for you though.

And Mary. I thought the same thing and I haven't even read them yet. I just know they are black and white and I'm watching it thing shit. that's gotta be a frame. I really liked it. The scene with him sitting with the pistol kinda raised to his forehead as he's a silohuette. The zoom out and everything goes black and white and the freezes for just a moment. I was like holy shit that is awesome. I bet that's a frame strait from the book. Everything I've seen said they are glad how close it is to the novels. AMC really does things right.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Never read the books but watched the show and I'm pretty much already hooked.I felt the show would either rock or suck, there was no average for the show and so far it is awesome.

maryo

Liked Posts:
wd1.jpg

wd2.jpg

wd3.jpg

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
That's fucking awesome Maryo!

Although you pointed out one of my personal pet peeves about disaster movies. (which I yelled at the tv for on Sunday) If their was a big enough disaster that their was an all out abandonment to the point where one side of the road is full and the other is empty I CALL BULLSHIT. If there is that much urgency to get out of town. Both sides of that road would be full of cars trying to get out.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watched the pilot online while eating lunch. Fucking awesome, loved it.

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
I don't get AMC, so i have to DL it... I'll do that soon, I watched the "highlights" from the first episode on the AMC site, and I've been looking forward to this for a while now. I can't wait to watch it.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many episodes have aired already? Hopefully just the pilot...

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
How many episodes have aired already? Hopefully just the pilot...

Yeah just 1 but it was an hour and a half instead of an hour. Unless they are all going to be that long since I believe there are only like 6 pilot episodes?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
For those unfamiliar, I'm posting this from the AMC site.

abouttheshow.png

About-Survivors-288.jpg
About-Zombies-288.jpg

Waking up in an empty hospital after weeks in a coma, County Sheriff Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) finds himself utterly alone. The world as he knows it is gone, ravaged by a zombie epidemic. The Walking Dead tells the story of the weeks and months that follow after the apocalypse. Based on Robert Kirkman’s hugely successful and popular comic book series, AMC’s new original series, The Walking Dead, premieres with a 90-minute episode on Halloween night: Oct. 31 at 10/9c. Written and executive produced by three-time Academy® Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile), who also directs the pilot, and executive produced by Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens), the series debuts during AMC Fearfest, the network's annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films.

The Walking Dead is an epic, edge-of-your-seat drama where personal struggles are magnified against a backdrop of moment-to-moment survival. A survivalist story at its core, the series explores how the living are changed by the overwhelming realization that those who survive can be far more dangerous that the mindless walkers roaming the earth. They themselves have become the walking dead.

Shot on location in Atlanta, The Walking Dead is led by a cast that includes Lincoln (Teachers, Love Actually) as Rick Grimes, Jon Bernthal (The Pacific, The Ghost Writer) as Shane Walsh, Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break) as Lori Grimes, Laurie Holden (The Shield, Stephen King’s The Mist) as Andrea, Jeffrey DeMunn (Stephen King’s The Mist, The Green Mile) as Dale, Steven Yeun (The Big Bang Theory) as Glen, Emma Bell (The Bedford Diaries) as Amy and Chandler Riggs (Get Low) as Carl Grimes.

Joining Darabont and Hurd as executive producers are Kirkman; David Alpert from Circle of Confusion; and Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield). Jack LoGiudice (Sons of Anarchy, Resurrection Blvd) serves as co-executive producer with Denise Huth (Stephen King’s The Mist) as producer. The Walking Dead was written by Darabont, Eglee, LoGiudice, Kirkman, Glen Mazzara and Adam E. Fierro. In addition to Darabont, directors for the series include Michelle MacLaren, Gwyneth Horder Payton, Johan Renck, Ernest Dickerson and Guy Ferland.

The creative team also includes Directors of Photography David Tattersall and David Boyd, Production Designers Greg Melton and Alex Hadju, Costume Designer Peggy Stamper, and Editors Hunter M. Via, Julius Ramsay and Sidney Wolinsky. The effects team includes veteran special effects makeup designer Greg Nicotero, special effects coordinator Darrell Pritchett, and visual effects supervisors Sam Nicholson and Jason Sperling.

Irish Hawk

Liked Posts:
Can't wait for the second episode on Sunday, thought the premier was fantastic.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Anyone know if they are all going to be an hour and a half? I'll have to adjust the DVR accordingly.

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
Anyone know if they are all going to be an hour and a half? I'll have to adjust the DVR accordingly.

as far as I can gather online, the premier was 1.5 hrs, the rest of the series will run in 1 hr increments. oh, and i watched it today, it's everything i hoped for and more. The wife an I can't wait for the next one.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Walking Dead tonight. woooo. Somebody make a GDT for it. I think the humans will win but the zombies are be relentless

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best show out there right now.

As a fan of the books I was worried the show would water it down and it would lose that "je ne sais quoi". In fact, the show has only increased my enjoyment of the books.

My mossberg 500 and samurai swords have been ordered. I will be ready.

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
I love how the episodes come out for DL merely an hour or 2 after the show airs. I DL'd it last night, and will watch it today. I can't wait, LOVE this show.