The Way Too Early 2023 Season (Pre FA & Draft) Prediction Thread

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I understand that a million things can change between now and the start of the season. So, I'm asking what your gut feeling is about expectations for next season are, right now.

What would be a successful offseason given the draft and cap space the Bears organization has to work with?

For me it's 9 wins and potentially sneaking into a WC spot. A lot of games were lost against good teams by a single score, with a depleted roster.

I think the record indicates this team is further away than they actually are.

I also realize there are a ton of holes to fill. But I also think solid talent in a few key positions could be multipliers, particularly on the DL and OL, and adding a playmaker at WR.

What say you CCS? What are your expectations for 2023?

Last edited:

bear4life21

ChiCitySports Newb
Liked Posts:
Nowhere to go but up from where we are currenly at. I would love to see a sneak into the playoffs via a Wildcard bid, however I think we will fall just short of that with only getting 7 wins.

Bears

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly think it is going to take one more offseason before we make any kind of run.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If they beat the Packers (and I think they will) this was only one game off...and honestly they should have won another 1-2.

This seemed to be a pretty common prediction heading into the season. Somewhere between 7-10 wins and sniffing at a WC spot.

Why do some Bears fans have the memories of goldfish? This process was always going to take time. Thinking the team with the worst record in the league was somehow going to thrust itself into immediate contention in a single offseason is delusional.

Appreciate it for what it is. A team with lots of draft capital, cap, and an upward trajectory. It's a great time to be a Bears fan.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If they beat the Packers (and I think they will) this was only one game off...and honestly they should have won another 1-2.

This seemed to be a pretty common prediction heading into the season. Somewhere between 7-10 wins and sniffing at a WC spot.

Why do some Bears fans have the memories of goldfish? This process was always going to take time. Thinking the team with the worst record in the league was somehow going to thrust itself into immediate contention in a single offseason is delusional.

Appreciate it for what it is. A team with lots of draft capital, cap, and an upward trajectory. It's a great time to be a Bears fan.
Cheers.