Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The real season starts today. The bullpen is back to full strength and they added Crochet who looks like a legitimate weapon. The Sox have two high end starters in Lucas and Dallas. This team can mash the ball, they have two excellent catchers and they have improved defensively.

They can do some damage in the playoffs. Hopefully, Eloy is ready to go today. Even with the travel, I think the team will appreciate playing in the warmer weather too. It’s go time!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I appreciate the optimism, even if I'm not quite on that level.

It is encouraging (and a weird choice imo) that Oakland is starting a lefty, and a very young and inconsistent one at that, today.

Last edited:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I appreciate the optimism, even if I'm not quite on that level.

It is encouraging (and a weird choice imo) that Oakland is starting a lefty, and a very young and inconsistent one at that, today.

I think that he was hoping that the A's could get a lead and then change pitchers to a right handed reliever. Abreu's home run messed up his plan and while the A's pen is maybe the best in baseball, the Sox have a very good one also and can finish a game out with the lead.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hard to believe how bad your pen imploded today

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hard to believe how bad your pen imploded today

Renteria was an idiot. He blew it from the start when he yanked the starter out and his one pitcher for one inning "strategy" was ignorant. He then got left with some of his later relievers go longer (Huerer for example) than they were used to. If they had balls *The White Sox management" they would fire Renteria or promote him up the ladder in the organization and bring someone in who knows how to run a pitching staff. But Rickey is not a number one guy to lead a team.

I'm not really disappointed though. They were a fun team to watch and have a load of talent already on the team and more to come. They will go after Bauer big time in the off season and probably another veteran starter. Vaughn will be on the team next year and I hope like hell that they re-sign McCann. I'm not sure that Mazara is going to remain as a starting right fielder and that could use an upgrade.