The wide receiver market

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s too late for what I wanted them to do. I wanted the whole thing blown up and some competent people brought in to upper management and a new coaching staff.
I never said don’t sign Robinson, I don’t think he is a top 10 receiver.
I think all the quarterbacks in this draft are basically the same and that is that they aren’t worth trading up for.
I don’t think trading away draft currency for a unknown commodity is going to help the overall team.
I do think trading down and adding draft currency for an unknown commodity is the way to go.
I think this off season has to be done with a bit of frugality in mind.
Now we have to cut people for cap space and that means you have to fill those spots with people for less money.
Everything I think should happen most likely won’t happen.

Geez, you're one of those Qanon dudes aren't ya

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
All y’all saying receivers grow on trees, he’s replaceable, blah blah blah.. no they don’t and no he isn’t. refresh my memory. Over the past 15 years how many receivers have the bears signed in free agency v how many turned out to be worth a shit or even close to Arob? 1. Brandon Marshall. How many drafted? 1. Alshon Jeffery

you guys are nuts.

What an extraordinary idiotic take. The Bears haven't had much luck with receivers so everyone doesn't have luck with recievers!
One day you'll realize that having a really good WR like ARob that wants $22 million per year is pointless without an actual QB. Maybe one day but I doubt it

Abe Gibron's Gut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arkansas Razorbacks
Trade Robinson to AZ for their #1 (16) and picks. Take an OL like Mayfield from Michigan or Vera-Tucker from USC, then get Najee Harris RB from Ala at 20 or maybe Kadrius Toney WR from Fla. Go after Kyle Trask QB from Fla in 3rd round. Maybe a Nico Collins or Tyran Wallace later. Or more OLs like Spencer Brown from UNI or Drew Himmelman from Illinois St. If you wanna Samuel or Golladay, might as well tag Robinson, otherwise it costs more.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Trade Robinson to AZ for their #1 (16) and picks. Take an OL like Mayfield from Michigan or Vera-Tucker from USC, then get Najee Harris RB from Ala at 20 or maybe Kadrius Toney WR from Fla. Go after Kyle Trask QB from Fla in 3rd round. Maybe a Nico Collins or Tyran Wallace later. Or more OLs like Spencer Brown from UNI or Drew Himmelman from Illinois St. If you wanna Samuel or Golladay, might as well tag Robinson, otherwise it costs more.

Lol wut?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All y’all saying receivers grow on trees, he’s replaceable, blah blah blah.. no they don’t and no he isn’t. refresh my memory. Over the past 15 years how many receivers have the bears signed in free agency v how many turned out to be worth a shit or even close to Arob? 1. Brandon Marshall. How many drafted? 1. Alshon Jeffery

you guys are nuts.
And Jeffery was never as good as A-Rob, and Marshall wasn't in his prime when he was here. He wasn't as good here as A-Rob is right now and the next 1-3 years before we worry about decline.

Hands...route running....work ethic...timing...

He will lose some explosion but with a guy like him don't fixate on the 30 bullshit. Overthinking it as usual Bears.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Miami needs a receiver bad. I’d offer A Rob, first pick (#20) and next years 1st for Miami’s first (3rd overall) and their 2022 2nd.

Bears get Fields or Wilson and truly reset the right way

Abe Gibron's Gut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arkansas Razorbacks
Ok, here's an idea. Baltimore needs a better WR than Dez Bryant. They also have a stud edge rusher in Matt Judon, who wants to be paid. The Ravens have 28 mil in cap space. Arizona would love to have Judon. The Cardinals have 13 mil in cap space. So we work a deal to trade ARob to Baltimore for Judon and picks. Sign and trade Judon to AZ for at least their #1 (16th) pick. Ravens get a WR1 for Lamar and the Cards get someone to sack Danger Russ. We get picks.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Ok, here's an idea. Baltimore needs a better WR than Dez Bryant. They also have a stud edge rusher in Matt Judon, who wants to be paid. The Ravens have 28 mil in cap space. Arizona would love to have Judon. The Cardinals have 13 mil in cap space. So we work a deal to trade ARob to Baltimore for Judon and picks. Sign and trade Judon to AZ for at least their #1 (16th) pick. Ravens get a WR1 for Lamar and the Cards get someone to sack Danger Russ. We get picks.
I do think Baltimore is by the best fit but I don't think you'll see this kind of complicated trade happen. I would love to just trade Allen Robinson II for Orlando Brown Jr. straight-up. Then just cut Charles Leno Jr. and take those cap savings to make a run at the best right tackle on the market.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
What an extraordinary idiotic take. The Bears haven't had much luck with receivers so everyone doesn't have luck with recievers!
One day you'll realize that having a really good WR like ARob that wants $22 million per year is pointless without an actual QB. Maybe one day but I doubt it
LOL fuck you. Right why build a team, when you can marinate in your mediocrity, typical meatball.

Abe Gibron's Gut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arkansas Razorbacks
The Ravens do want to unload him, he's on the last year of his rookie contract. Ship ARob, start Brown, and get a kid like Alijah Vera-Tucker 6'4 315 USC, or Jalen Mayfield 6'5 320 Michigan. We got 3, 5, and 6 round picks plus some comp picks. Drew Himmelman from Illinois St 6 fucking 10 315 from Geneseo and Spencer Brown from UNI 6'9 311 other OL....

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LOL fuck you. Right why build a team, when you can marinate in your mediocrity, typical meatball.

Meatball Football is assuming that there aren't other WR's out there and that finding a legitimate QB isn't as important.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Ravens do want to unload him, he's on the last year of his rookie contract. Ship ARob, start Brown, and get a kid like Alijah Vera-Tucker 6'4 315 USC, or Jalen Mayfield 6'5 320 Michigan. We got 3, 5, and 6 round picks plus some comp picks. Drew Himmelman from Illinois St 6 fucking 10 315 from Geneseo and Spencer Brown from UNI 6'9 311 other OL....
Well there might be some very intriguing possibilities in free agency on the offensive line. If Taylor Moton doesn't get franchise he'd be a natural fit. Or what about signing Brandon Scherff to play guard and sorting out right tackle in camp (probably add a rookie into the mix there)? Lots of possibilities. Orlando Brown Jr. is an elite right tackle and damn fine left tackle, seems intent on playing the latter though.

I'm not at all opposed to draft offensive line in the first but they will almost certainly be drafting a quarterback.

Abe Gibron's Gut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arkansas Razorbacks
Well there might be some very intriguing possibilities in free agency on the offensive line. If Taylor Moton doesn't get franchise he'd be a natural fit. Or what about signing Brandon Scherff to play guard and sorting out right tackle in camp (probably add a rookie into the mix there)? Lots of possibilities. Orlando Brown Jr. is an elite right tackle and damn fine left tackle, seems intent on playing the latter though.

I'm not at all opposed to draft offensive line in the first but they will almost certainly be drafting a quarterback.

Abe Gibron's Gut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arkansas Razorbacks

Sorry about my last. I just dont see how there will be a better QB at 20 than OL. If there is, great, but I don't want to see them give away picks to move up and get another Mitch.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meatball Football is assuming that there aren't other WR's out there and that finding a legitimate QB isn't as important.
Who said quarterback back isn’t important? You know you can have both. This whole tag and trade is nonsense.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who said quarterback back isn’t important? You know you can have both. This whole tag and trade is nonsense.

Good luck doing that this offseason and paying $22 million per for a good, but not game changing WR. He isn't match up proof.