dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Godwin is the only guy that is probably an upgrade to A Rob, imo. Godwin and Mooney would be sick

Golladay is a upgrade IMO if he could just stay healthy, but his on field talent is better than ARob's IMO.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Godwin will get tagged and I believe (IIRC) Texans have said they plan to re-sign Fuller.

Golladay, while talented, was out pretty much all season with hammy issues. Similar to Alshon. JuJu isn't WR1 material so pass. Bears need to keep Arob.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
1-Godwin-not sure about TB cap room. He may become available and is the most talented on this list. Godwin and Mooney on the field together would be insane.

2-Fuller-Love the big play ability to stretch the field. Could be good value coming off a suspension and the fact his brother is here. With everything going on in Houston he may not want to return there.

3-Golladay-good size and can block. A little older than I’d like to be spending that kind of money on.

Last edited:

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Golladay is a upgrade IMO if he could just stay healthy, but his on field talent is better than ARob's IMO.

I disagree completely. Golladay the last 2-3 years gets less separation than any receiver in the game.

When you also consider that he’s constantly injured, it’s an easy no for me. I’d rather keep the more durable player in A Rob or acquire the more explosive player in Godwin. Golladay is undoubtedly a fine player but I wouldn’t consider him an upgrade over A Rob by any means.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just re-sign the #1 WR who's been here for 3 years. He deserves it.

The only other X receiver who isn't trash on that list is golladay, I wouldn't mind him, but at that point why not keep arob?

Because he's denied every contract the Bears have offered.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How do you entice a egomaniac wide receiver who is always open?
Not with Nick Foles

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Godwin will get tagged and I believe (IIRC) Texans have said they plan to re-sign Fuller.

Golladay, while talented, was out pretty much all season with hammy issues. Similar to Alshon. JuJu isn't WR1 material so pass. Bears need to keep Arob.

Hip flexor, but close. Galloday is a beast because he catches everything thrown his way and can almost always out muscle the defender in a contested catch scenario. What he lacks is separation, and needs a QB that can make accurate throws.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol golladay and Robinson are nothing alike as receivers
Actually they are, Arob is slightly faster. Golladay is 2 inches taller. He's more productive on less targets because he has a better quarterback. He would virtually be Arob here.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I disagree completely. Golladay the last 2-3 years gets less separation than any receiver in the game.

When you also consider that he’s constantly injured, it’s an easy no for me. I’d rather keep the more durable player in A Rob or acquire the more explosive player in Godwin. Golladay is undoubtedly a fine player but I wouldn’t consider him an upgrade over A Rob by any means.

Always injured? Not sure you can say that, yet.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hip flexor, but close. Galloday is a beast because he catches everything thrown his way and can almost always out muscle the defender in a contested catch scenario. What he lacks is separation, and needs a QB that can make accurate throws.
Hip flexor...hammy...who cares. Point still stands his injuries nagged him all season. He’s a great WR just not one the bears need to pay for in FA

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hip flexor...hammy...who cares. Point still stands his injuries nagged him all season. He’s a great WR just not one the bears need to pay for in FA
Didn't the Bears acquire AR after a season long injury?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wasn't the injury more serious than the one Galloday had?
This is the most worthless interaction I’ve ever had with someone on CCS. Yes it was an ACL year. Bears starters at WR the year before AR got here...tre McBride and tanner gentry. They needed a big signing. My original point was if the Bears are going to make a splash signing in FA at WR with Golladay then just franchise and re-sign AR.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the most worthless interaction I’ve ever had with someone on CCS. Yes it was an ACL year. Bears starters at WR the year before AR got here...tre McBride and tanner gentry. They needed a big signing. My original point was if the Bears are going to make a splash signing in FA at WR with Golladay then just franchise and re-sign AR.

LOL, I am not disagreeing with your conclusion, but your reasoning has me baffled

Couple of points

it will be Gallodays first big money contract, it will be Arob's second. Likely the only way the Bears retain AROB is the tag, which provides zero flexibility in cap management.

meanwhile Galloday might be more open to being flexible taking a small base salary in 2021 if coupled with a large signing bonus that could be spread out in years to come.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

So he can catch “everything thrown his way” but needs an “QB that can make accurate throws”...which one is it?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL, I am not disagreeing with your conclusion, but your reasoning has me baffled

Couple of points

it will be Gallodays first big money contract, it will be Arob's second. Likely the only way the Bears retain AROB is the tag, which provides zero flexibility in cap management.

meanwhile Galloday might be more open to being flexible taking a small base salary in 2021 if coupled with a large signing bonus that could be spread out in years to come.
True - but let's be honest the Bears are not the most lucrative destination for WRs. If they don't tag AR and decide to go after Golladay, they run the risk on missing out. Based on how the Bears from office is run, they will let AR walk, try to sign Golladay and get priced out and then settle for Corey Davis or something like that. Not saying Davis is a bad WR, but he isn't the same caliber as AR/Golladay.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

He's so bad that he had two consecutive 1,000+ yard seasons and 11 TD's to go with that 1,000+ last year. He's as big as ARob, can go up and get the ball like ARob but ARob doesn't have the speed that Golladay has and it isn't even close. I like both but think Golladay is the better all around WR.