The wildcard playoff picture

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Taking a look around the NFC top wildcard candidates are:

The panthers at 5-2 sitting behind presumable division winning saints. I see the panthers as nearly a lock for the wild card spot, though I haven’t delved into their remaining schedule. The bucs are trash, the falcons are a floundering team, and the saints are almost assured victory. I see the panthers ending up with a fair record and securing a wild card spot.

So what team ends up getting the other spot??

The redskins currently sit at 5-2, with the eagles at 4-4.

The Seahawks are emerging as another wild card contender as they’ve really come on as of late, and the division is weak as hell considering the cardinals suck and the 49ers don’t have jimmy g. As we look at these games our division rivals play the Seahawks, I’m not so sure it’s a good thing for the Seahawks to win.

The NFC north is a gauntlet, and there are no free wins. I’m not so sure the bears, or any other NFC north team, have a shot at the playoffs unless they outright win the division. That or the Seahawks will need to go back to losing games, and the eagles need to keep struggling.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought going into the season there would be at least 2 teams from the NFC North going to the playoffs. Certainly appears there will likely only be one. First team to 10 wins should seal it.

Let's say the Packers lose to the Pats next week. They will need to go 7-1 in their final 8 games to reach 10 wins, not likely.

Not sure the Bears can reach 10 either. Assuming they handle the Bill's, Niners, and Giants that gives them 7. Then need to split with the Lions and Vikings for 9, all possible. But to reach 10 they have to beat the Pack or the Rams or sweep the Lions or Vikings, no easy feat.

In all reality, the Vikes or GB could take the division with 9-5-1 unless the Bears can reach 10.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I thought going into the season there would be at least 2 teams from the NFC North going to the playoffs. Certainly appears there will likely only be one. First team to 10 wins should seal it.

Let's say the Packers lose to the Pats next week. They will need to go 7-1 in their final 8 games to reach 10 wins, not likely.

Not sure the Bears can reach 10 either. Assuming they handle the Bill's, Niners, and Giants that gives them 7. Then need to split with the Lions and Vikings for 9, all possible. But to reach 10 they have to beat the Pack or the Rams or sweep the Lions or Vikings, no easy feat.

In all reality, the Vikes or GB could take the division with 9-5-1 unless the Bears can reach 10.
Goddamn that week 1 loss to GB is going haunt us...

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Win the games we should win, split with the Vikings, sweep the Lions and get out revenge on GB at home. If they can't do that, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. If they drop one of those, it's still 10 and 6.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Now it won’t be easy, but sweeping the lions is doable. They’re not all that great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The Packers next 4 games:

@ New England
Miami
@ Minnesota
@ Seattle

What was so demoralizing for them was that they really played a great game against the Rams and probably should have won that game. Their defense won't play that well again. That Minnesota game could really be for their season.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Don't count that New England game as a loss before the game is played.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
It's a little early yet, but not far off. All great points by everyone so far. It'll be very interesting this year, imo, as there will be lots of tiebreakers. Already seeing some ties and already the tie breakers are plentiful in the NFCN. IE - All the teams we lost to the Lions beat, etc. I think the old wildcard is going to get real interesting moving forward!

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Win the games we should win, split with the Vikings, sweep the Lions and get out revenge on GB at home. If they can't do that, they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. If they drop one of those, it's still 10 and 6.

Sweeping the Lions will be tough. That Thanksgiving game in Detroit will be tougher to win than the remaining GB game IMO.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
It's going to be nice playing meaningful football in November and December. If we take care of business the division could really come down to week 17 against the Vikings.

The loss to the Packers really sucks but the Packers Vikings tie may end up being the real blessing at the end of the season if it comes down to winning percentage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk