2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
GAR and Reinny are a menace.

I wouldn't believe they would let him take the roasting in the media he did without support, except its them so yeah...

Weak ass fuckers. What was the harm in letting it be known Rose tried?

They are so weak they didn't want to be bride left at altar? Fucking pussies.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
GarPaxDorf (as BlogaBull members and writers refer to the trio) were, are, and will always be the worst. Can't blame Pooh for not suiting up in 2013 when he was recovering from his ACL tear even after those assholes leaked to ESPN that he was cleared which I bet was another lie told to the media by the front office and ownership on order to cut down Rose and increase their standing in the eyes of the press and of the gullible fans, especially those who take the side of incompetent and malicious management. Everyone couldn't admit that the Bulls had very little chance at the Big 3 because Pat Riley runs the Heat and the Shithead Duo ran Chicago's team back then so everybody of importance had to throw D Rose under the bus in order to save face.

Last edited:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Say what you want about Derrick Rose. He wasn't the brightest. Not the most eloquent. He either wasn't very good at defending himself or just didn't care about doing so. The haters will say that he could have simply made it public, himself, that LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh turned down his advances to join him on the Bulls (the same core of guys who he knew his team would be responsible for trying to beat the next several seasons). If you ask a girl to marry you and she turns you down, are you going to harp about it to the world afterwards? I kind of doubt that.
The hate he got from the Chicago media and the fans was never warranted- even had he not tried to recruit The Big Three to join him, Noah, and Thibodeau. The Bulls FO really never deserved a player or person the caliber of Derrick Rose. And it all really comes back on Reinsdorf. He's the man who puts the idiots in charge.

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
People forget this.

This is going to be up there with Ryan Pace winning it in 2018.
People sure do. They forget that GarPax hired Thibs, extended Rose early, drafted Taj and Jimmy, and signed that venerated Bench Mob that posters in this very thread want so desperately to get back.

Let's also not forget that they made a push to sign Joe Johnson at the 2, but Atlanta priced them out of signing him.

Obviously, the bad greatly outweighed the good. Obviously, John Paxson and Gar Forman overstayed their welcome. Obviously, they should have been fired along with Hoiberg. You'll never hear me dispute otherwise.

THAT SAID, you simply can not dismiss the fact that GarPax were responsible for making them a contender in the Eastern Conference.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
People sure do. They forget that GarPax hired Thibs, extended Rose early, drafted Taj and Jimmy, and signed that venerated Bench Mob that posters in this very thread want so desperately to get back.

Let's also not forget that they made a push to sign Joe Johnson at the 2, but Atlanta priced them out of signing him.

Obviously, the bad greatly outweighed the good. Obviously, John Paxson and Gar Forman overstayed their welcome. Obviously, they should have been fired along with Hoiberg. You'll never hear me dispute otherwise.

THAT SAID, you simply can not dismiss the fact that GarPax were responsible for making them a contender in the Eastern Conference.
My biggest problem with GarPax is they should have been fired after their mini-rebuild around Rose/Jimmy failed. They shouldn't have been given yet again another chance. Obviously the hope prior to 2016 was that Rose would some day return to form, but clearly, never happened and wasn't going to.

I know people will say they should have been fired prior to that, but frankly, I viewed them as average to acceptable until the 2015-16 season.

Important to note that, Paxson, while still involved, pretty much gave the reigns to Gar starting in about 2009, and Paxson only became more involved later on when it was clear Gar was not making the right moves.

Their long tenure is a combo of luck and then the blind loyalty that Jerry has. They might have possible been gone earlier had the Bulls not lucked into Derrick Rose. It was clear in 07-08 that the team Paxson had built had failed, but getting that #1 pick and taking Rose rejuvenated everyone and they went on to some minor success, that could have possibly done better with some more luck (like Atlanta not offering that max to Joe Johnson).

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My biggest problem with GarPax is they should have been fired after their mini-rebuild around Rose/Jimmy failed. They shouldn't have been given yet again another chance. Obviously the hope prior to 2016 was that Rose would some day return to form, but clearly, never happened and wasn't going to.

I know people will say they should have been fired prior to that, but frankly, I viewed them as average to acceptable until the 2015-16 season.

Important to note that, Paxson, while still involved, pretty much gave the reigns to Gar starting in about 2009, and Paxson only became more involved later on when it was clear Gar was not making the right moves.

Their long tenure is a combo of luck and then the blind loyalty that Jerry has. They might have possible been gone earlier had the Bulls not lucked into Derrick Rose. It was clear in 07-08 that the team Paxson had built had failed, but getting that #1 pick and taking Rose rejuvenated everyone and they went on to some minor success, that could have possibly done better with some more luck (like Atlanta not offering that max to Joe Johnson).
Luck had an amazing amount to do with it. Not just getting the #1 pick to get Rose, but to hit on guys like Taj and Jimmy, and nearly every FA, save for Keith Bogans, is quite the horseshoe up the ass - but they still had to do the scouting and the signing.

The entire Thibs-Gar drama is what did it in for me with GarPax, but then you hire the guy you've always wanted to hire, only to have to fire him because he was a doormat with a heart problem. Fucking clown shoes.

Also, IIRC, Pax stepped back because of some health issues and was forced to come back because the entire NBA media team thought (correctly) that Gar was a laughingstock, and was just the absolute worst person to have in front of cameras for the fans.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Luck had an amazing amount to do with it. Not just getting the #1 pick to get Rose, but to hit on guys like Taj and Jimmy, and nearly every FA, save for Keith Bogans, is quite the horseshoe up the ass - but they still had to do the scouting and the signing.

The entire Thibs-Gar drama is what did it in for me with GarPax, but then you hire the guy you've always wanted to hire, only to have to fire him because he was a doormat with a heart problem. Fucking clown shoes.

Also, IIRC, Pax stepped back because of some health issues and was forced to come back because the entire NBA media team thought (correctly) that Gar was a laughingstock, and was just the absolute worst person to have in front of cameras for the fans.
For me really, I would have been okay with firing them after 07-08, and I could have made a case after 09-10.. but the moves they made that offseason did save their jobs for the time being. And at that point, especially with what Rose had become, they clearly weren't going anywhere for awhile, even with all the drama around Rose's comeback, Gar's feud with Thibs, and all of that.

Pax took a step back due to health issues and then his anger management towards Vinny Del Negro (choking him over Noah's minutes). From what I've understood, Pax had been wanting to step down, but Jerry convinced him otherwise and just promoted Gar up and Pax to a higher position. Jerry clearly didn't want to do a GM search. But Gar was such a disaster that Pax had to come back into the fold in 2016-17.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Jerry hired Thibs. Gar wanted Mike Brown and Pax wanted Doug Collins. Hilariously i think those choices perfectly sum up their style of GMing - What the fuck (Gar) and unimaginative (Pax).

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Jerry hired Thibs. Gar wanted Mike Brown and Pax wanted Doug Collins. Hilariously i think those choices perfectly sum up their style of GMing - What the fuck (Gar) and unimaginative (Pax).
Link?

I'm not doing the sarcastic "link?" bit, I'm genuinely curious to read that.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Link?

I'm not doing the sarcastic "link?" bit, I'm genuinely curious to read that.

Perhaps this partnership was forever doomed. Thibodeau was Jerry Reinsdorf’s choice to coach the Bulls, choosing him over Paxson’s (Doug Collins) and Forman’s (Lawrence Frank and Mike Brown). This was Reinsdorf’s way. He hired Del Negro, too. Like Del Negro, management spent more time undermining Thibodeau than it did supporting him.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
OT but this stood out to me:

One of Reinsdorf's great regrets has always been the firing of White Sox manager Tony La Russa nearly 30 years ago. After leaving the Sox, La Russa became a three-time World Series champion and Hall of Famer. Reinsdorf stayed friends with La Russa, and Thibodeau loved to join them at dinners or White Sox games. Some common friends in the owner's, baseball manager's and coach's circle had wondered on Thursday: Would Thibodeau move on to those kinds of La Russa successes, and make Reinsdorf regret this firing too?

LOL.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That article and Rose are full of shit.