Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The best non QBs in this draft are Penei Sewell, Kyle Pitts and Micah Parsons. I think Zach Wilson will be the best QB.

There will be plenty of value to be found in the pool of 2020 Covid opt outs. Teams will need to dig deep and the best area scouts will be even more valuable than usual in this process. There are corners like Ambry Thomas from Michigan, Paulson Adebo from Stanford, Tay Gowan from UCF, Thomas Graham Jr. & Deommodore Lenoir from Oregon that all opted out in 2020. Each of them could present huge value in the later rounds.

The OT position is deep and the Bears could find young bookends if they are inclined to do so. Guys like Dan Moore Jr., Tommy Doyle and Alaric Jackson should be available in the 6th round and could be developed as right tackles.

I do not want to see Teven Jenkins drafted by the Packers.

The Bears could find plenty of value by drafting any of these players from Stanford: Davis Mills, Walker Little, Paulson Adebo and Simi Fehoko

My ideal - realistic first four picks for the Bears: Darrisaw, Elijah Moore, Davis Mills and Paulson Adebo or Ambry Thomas

Jaycee Horn will be the best corner in the draft.

If one of the top 3 receivers drop like Cee Dee Lamb did last year, the Bears have to take a shot.

I think there will be some interesting D lineman and linebackers available in the 6th round.

I believe Sam Ehlinger will sign with the Bears as a UDFA even if they draft a QB. My UDFA preference at QB is Brady White from Memphis although he is 25 years old.

A player that will come in and make an immediate impact is Zaven Collins. He's a tough, extremely athletic three down backer that can play in any scheme. He was all over my UCF Knights last fall. He and Roquan Smith would be a wrecking crew together.

Please share your thoughts. I do love draft season. @Wild_x_Card @rawdawg @modo @Bort @dennehy @Adipost You guys always have excellent insights.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Excellent write-up. Darrisaw, Elijah Moore (or Terrance Marshall), Davis Mills and a CB like Adebo is my dream sequence also.

I think Mills has a chance to out-perform a few of the top 5 with more experience. He has some great tools to work with.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm Ok with all that and understand that it's sort of a wish list I but don't think Mills will be there at our 3. He may not be there in 2.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Said in another thread since OT is so deep and with Fuller gone will not be surprised if it's Newsome at 20 now., would not be upset with Moore but imo that's more of a nice to have than filling an immediate hole.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
The best non QBs in this draft are Penei Sewell, Kyle Pitts and Micah Parsons. I think Zach Wilson will be the best QB.

There will be plenty of value to be found in the pool of 2020 Covid opt outs. Teams will need to dig deep and the best area scouts will be even more valuable than usual in this process. There are corners like Ambry Thomas from Michigan, Paulson Adebo from Stanford, Tay Gowan from UCF, Thomas Graham Jr. & Deommodore Lenoir from Oregon that all opted out in 2020. Each of them could present huge value in the later rounds.

The OT position is deep and the Bears could find young bookends if they are inclined to do so. Guys like Dan Moore Jr., Tommy Doyle and Alaric Jackson should be available in the 6th round and could be developed as right tackles.

I do not want to see Teven Jenkins drafted by the Packers.

The Bears could find plenty of value by drafting any of these players from Stanford: Davis Mills, Walker Little, Paulson Adebo and Simi Fehoko

My ideal - realistic first four picks for the Bears: Darrisaw, Elijah Moore, Davis Mills and Paulson Adebo or Ambry Thomas

Jaycee Horn will be the best corner in the draft.

If one of the top 3 receivers drop like Cee Dee Lamb did last year, the Bears have to take a shot.

I think there will be some interesting D lineman and linebackers available in the 6th round.

I believe Sam Ehlinger will sign with the Bears as a UDFA even if they draft a QB. My UDFA preference at QB is Brady White from Memphis although he is 25 years old.

A player that will come in and make an immediate impact is Zaven Collins. He's a tough, extremely athletic three down backer that can play in any scheme. He was all over my UCF Knights last fall. He and Roquan Smith would be a wrecking crew together.

Please share your thoughts. I do love draft season. @Wild_x_Card @rawdawg @modo @Bort @dennehy @Adipost You guys always have excellent insights.

There's a lot to like here.

I think Ehlinger is going to be drafted, but, with our new connections to Texas, I wouldn't be surprised if it's us late.

Elijah Moore is the guy I hope we take in the first. He's going to tear it up. I don't know if he and Mills will drop. Mills in the 3rd is the best value, but recent mocks have him going in the first!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Said in another thread since OT is so deep and with Fuller gone will not be surprised if it's Newsome at 20 now., would not be upset with Moore but imo that's more of a nice to have than filling an immediate hole.

I want left tackle addressed early. I see guys like Moore in a group of 6th round players that could be developed on the right side. I'm not sure how many immediate holes they can fill in that round.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I also think Wilson is the best QB prospect right now. It's not only the freakish arm talent, he also does a lot of little things well like looking off defenders and sliding around in the pocket to avoid pressure. He will put the ball at risk more often than I would like, though. I honestly think Brett Favre is a reasonable comp.

I like Mac Jones a lot. I have him second after Wilson right now. Pretty good arm strength, super accurate, and more athletic than people give him credit for. Matt Ryan is probably a good comp.

I keep going back and forth with Lawrence. He's so physically impressive, but sometimes the decision-making is questionable. Is he going to be more of a Matt Stafford type or more of a Bortles/Cutler type? I don't know, I still need to watch more film.

I've soured on Trask the more I've watched him. Very bad feet, and despite great accuracy (especially on his deep ball), he puts the ball in danger a lot more than I'd like. He also doesn't get very good velocity on his throws. He might be one of those guys who was a great college QB, but just doesn't have the physical tools to be successful in the NFL.

I think Lance is extremely overrated. My new rule after being fooled by Trubisky and Peterman last time is not to give a guy credit for completing a pass to a wide open receiver from a clean pocket. Given that over 70% of Lance's throws have been to wide open receivers from a clean pocket, I had to ignore most of his throws and just concentrate on the ones where was under pressure or had to fit the ball into a tight window. When he has to throw into a tight window, he usually struggles, and is not consistently accurate. And he immediately stops looking to throw and tries to scramble the second he's under any pressure, which is a bad sign and not something he will get away with in the NFL. So I think the lack of consistent accuracy and over-reliance on his legs are big red flags, and he has by far the most bust potential out of any of the top QBs. I probably wouldn't even give him a first round grade right now.

I haven't formed strong enough opinions about the other guys to say much.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I haven't been paying as much attention this year as in past years, I think I've just run out of gas with the current Bears leadership. Anyway,

There will be a BPA at CB, WR, OT, and QB at #20, and I'm fine with any of those spots. The only way they get a QB is a huge trade up and I don't think it's happening. They could still potentially get Minshew or something as well.

I think Lawrence is still clearly the #1. I'd say Wilson, Fields, and then it depends on the system as to whether you'd select Jones or Lance. Among the rest I really don't have anyone who sticks out. I think Mond if you're looking for a steady very low level starter/very good back up. Davis to take a more of a boom bust approach. Trask, meh.

I think I'd prefer OT at #20 if I had my choice and I'd rank them:
Sewell (gone), Darrisaw, Slater, Jenkins, Eichenberg, Radunz in terms of prospects who I'd be happy with around there or with a small trade down. There should be some solid OT prospects in the second as well.

WR is super deep and I don't think it's a huge need (although it will be after AR walks next year). I think this is a great year to double up on WR, perhaps one of the many slot type guys in the 3rd and an outside developmental guy in the 6th. I haven't heard too many people talk about Amari Rodgers, who is a slightly less explosive version of one of my favorite recent WRs, Deebo Samuel. But there are plenty of them. If someone like Sage Surratt drops, and it looks like he may, that's a quality player to get in R5 or R6.

Corner is interesting. I would stay away from Farley out of caution even though he is the best on film. I think Horn would have to be considered if he's there at 20, doubt Surtain is. I like Newsome and wouldn't be mad at that pick but I see him more as a 35-40 level prospect. This is a position that will likely have some good value in the second, with either outside guys or starter-ready slots like Molden or Samuel (who I think could play outside too).

So just for fun: *Trade* 20 to JAX for 33 and 65

33 Eichenberg
52 Samuel
65 Rodgers
83 Mond
164 Caden Sterns
205 Sage Surratt
209 Jaylen Twyman
222 Shermar Jean Charles (App St CB)
229 Cary Angeline TE NC St.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I haven't been paying as much attention this year as in past years, I think I've just run out of gas with the current Bears leadership. Anyway,

There will be a BPA at CB, WR, OT, and QB at #20, and I'm fine with any of those spots. The only way they get a QB is a huge trade up and I don't think it's happening. They could still potentially get Minshew or something as well.

I think Lawrence is still clearly the #1. I'd say Wilson, Fields, and then it depends on the system as to whether you'd select Jones or Lance. Among the rest I really don't have anyone who sticks out. I think Mond if you're looking for a steady very low level starter/very good back up. Davis to take a more of a boom bust approach. Trask, meh.

I think I'd prefer OT at #20 if I had my choice and I'd rank them:
Sewell (gone), Darrisaw, Slater, Jenkins, Eichenberg, Radunz in terms of prospects who I'd be happy with around there or with a small trade down. There should be some solid OT prospects in the second as well.

WR is super deep and I don't think it's a huge need (although it will be after AR walks next year). I think this is a great year to double up on WR, perhaps one of the many slot type guys in the 3rd and an outside developmental guy in the 6th. I haven't heard too many people talk about Amari Rodgers, who is a slightly less explosive version of one of my favorite recent WRs, Deebo Samuel. But there are plenty of them. If someone like Sage Surratt drops, and it looks like he may, that's a quality player to get in R5 or R6.

Corner is interesting. I would stay away from Farley out of caution even though he is the best on film. I think Horn would have to be considered if he's there at 20, doubt Surtain is. I like Newsome and wouldn't be mad at that pick but I see him more as a 35-40 level prospect. This is a position that will likely have some good value in the second, with either outside guys or starter-ready slots like Molden or Samuel (who I think could play outside too).

So just for fun: *Trade* 20 to JAX for 33 and 65

33 Eichenberg
52 Samuel
65 Rodgers
83 Mond
164 Caden Sterns
205 Sage Surratt
209 Jaylen Twyman
222 Shermar Jean Charles (App St CB)
229 Cary Angeline TE NC St.

I like Eichenberg too. He has plenty of experience at LT and Notre Dame has recently been a factory for o-line.

greg23

Liked Posts:
My draft thoughts

Pace will once again trade a future pick to get a 2021 middle round pick and take another unproductive player.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
@playthrough2001

I am on hiatus from the Bears until they get a real QB. But you asked so nicely.

There is no mountain tall enough, no river wide enough, no valley low enough that should keep the Bears addressing the OT position.

There is a distinct possibility that Leno will be gone by season's start if they find a better left tackle.

One guy they could target in a later round is Walker Little.

He was a top rated guy until an injury occurred. He is a possible value pick in an early mid level round; he may even go late second.

If they say fuck it and draft a guy in the first at position. Teven Jenkins.....

If they don't fix the oline now, the Bears are done this season before it started. Trubisky will not be there to hide the oline problems.

I'm not even thinking about another position unless the Bears can trade up and get a QB.

I am disinterested to a fault right now....

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
There's a lot to like here.

I think Ehlinger is going to be drafted, but, with our new connections to Texas, I wouldn't be surprised if it's us late.

Elijah Moore is the guy I hope we take in the first. He's going to tear it up. I don't know if he and Mills will drop. Mills in the 3rd is the best value, but recent mocks have him going in the first!

he reminds me of Lee Evans a little bit

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Spotlight has been on finding the next QB of the future for the Bears so far, but with careful drafting the Bears have a chance to solidify/build some of the current glaring weaknesses on the roster: potentially both OT spots, CB, WR, SS, etc. Imagine the Bears drafting a rookie QB in the 2022 draft, but having 2 new and better OTs in place to help actually give the rookie time to read the field. And/or both starting CBs on a rookie deals - the cap flexibility that gives a GM to go after high end FAs when the cap pops back up over $200M in a season or so as stadiums fill back up. The biggest earners in the NFL are QBs, EDGE, CBs, WRs and OTS - the Bears have an opportunity to have 4/5 of those positions on rookie salaries in 2 years time. The balance sheet is fucked for EDGE though.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
@dennehy

That's how I'd rank the tackles too, except I'd have Samuel Cosmi in there before Radunz and Eichenberg. But all are good players and Day 1 starters. I do worry about Jenkins at LT because he's played RT primarily, but he's a monster. I don't really see the Bears taking a tackle at 20 though.

I also love Thomas Graham as mentioned in the OP.

I'd love to see the Bears double up at WR. Get a slot guy early and then a developmental outside guy late. Replace Miller with a starting caliber player and replace Wims at the end of the depth chart, maybe with a guy that can play some special teams as well as develop on the outside.

I could also see them double up at CB with a Day 1 starter on the outside early and maybe someone to compete at nickel late in the draft. Those guys named in the OP are all solid (Adebo an outside CB, but the others are nickels). The Bears have a LOT of bodies at CB, but I don't think there would be too many heartbroken over cutting Burns, Roberson, Joseph and maybe even Shelley and Trufant.

Zaven Collins is interesting. I would be very disappointed if the Bears picked a LB in the 1st, unless they traded Roquan for Russell Wilson or something. Even then, it be pushing it.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
@dennehy

That's how I'd rank the tackles too, except I'd have Samuel Cosmi in there before Radunz and Eichenberg. But all are good players and Day 1 starters. I do worry about Jenkins at LT because he's played RT primarily, but he's a monster. I don't really see the Bears taking a tackle at 20 though.

I also love Thomas Graham as mentioned in the OP.

I'd love to see the Bears double up at WR. Get a slot guy early and then a developmental outside guy late. Replace Miller with a starting caliber player and replace Wims at the end of the depth chart, maybe with a guy that can play some special teams as well as develop on the outside.

I could also see them double up at CB with a Day 1 starter on the outside early and maybe someone to compete at nickel late in the draft. Those guys named in the OP are all solid (Adebo an outside CB, but the others are nickels). The Bears have a LOT of bodies at CB, but I don't think there would be too many heartbroken over cutting Burns, Roberson, Joseph and maybe even Shelley and Trufant.

Zaven Collins is interesting. I would be very disappointed if the Bears picked a LB in the 1st, unless they traded Roquan for Russell Wilson or something. Even then, it be pushing it.

I really wasn’t suggesting the Bears take Collins only that I think he’s going to be a true impact defender in the NFL. He would be a handful next to Smith.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Part of me is eagerly hoping for some sort of splash move, but know its not likely we have the capability to do very much.

Considering I'm not much of a fan of the depth of this draft class, I'm not too excited about the prospects of who we get at #20 and so forth. Sure, we might get a decent OLineman, but not much else. Maybe a developmental QB and a wr with some upside. But atvtge end of the day it means Andy Dalton is the main option at QB and that's it. So hard to accept that fate.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I believe the Bears will not be able to trade up to #4 to grab Fields (so I actually think he's going to be a 49er).

I do believe that they will draft Teven Jenkins and try to move him to LT, when he seems more suited for RT.