This Defense is Maddening

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
We seem to have at least one breakdown a game that is killing us. The quick snap long run for a TD was brutal. It comes down to bad coaching to me. Little things. Little breakdowns.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm done with this staff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Hopefully we get Danny and nick back next week.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Yeah I have been disappointed in Fangio. I understand that players are getting hurt, but to have 0 INTs and only 2? takeaways after 5 games is embarrassingly bad. Too many breakdowns as well.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We seem to have at least one breakdown a game that is killing us. The quick snap long run for a TD was brutal. It comes down to bad coaching to me. Little things. Little breakdowns.

Defense was very good overall today. Our offensive line looked horrible, but that is a great defense. Refs or penalties were bad.

Coaching staff kept us in this game with huge set of balls trick plays.

This team is yet once again slammed with injuries.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
The defense was done as soon as timu got hurt. The Vikings wisely noticed the Bears couldn't get their defense called after that and went to a hurry up giving the Bears no chance to get set. It was a really smart move by the Vikings.

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
Well when you're on your 4th middle linebacker...
offense did not help matters either.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol they are depleted....Demps, DT, Freeman...both his back ups

Middle of defense is gone

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:

Yep. They are due for one every game, unless they're playing the Packers; then you get at least two.

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
I agree two years in a row we have absolutely no luck with injuries. That is killing us too, but three times tonight we could not get set up or lined up quickly enough. The 4th and 1 in the first half and the 2 quick snaps by Minn we just looked completely lost.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah, but ol' Vic sure can throw one helluva presser . . . .

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
I agree two years in a row we have absolutely no luck with injuries. That is killing us too, but three times tonight we could not get set up or lined up quickly enough. The 4th and 1 in the first half and the 2 quick snaps by Minn we just looked completely lost.

When it happens one year, it's bad luck. But Chicago has been massively snakebit by injuries for several years in a row now. When that happens, it's the coaches and training staff. Whatever it is, offseason conditioning programs, practice schedules, etc. Something they're doing is causing players bodies to not be physically prepared for football.

quicksand30

Liked Posts:
The other problem on defense is that they need an extra star player or two. There are several solid players, but for the defense to really shine, you need a couple that are extra special. An Urlacher, a Watt, an Ed Reed, a Polamulu, a Peppers....someone of that caliber to give them a boost.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
There are no difference makers on the defense. Period

This team couldn't force turnovers last year. They are even worse this year. 3 in 5 games. Worst in the NFL.

If you lose the turnover battle as a given in every game, you are most likely going to lose.

Safety play has been terrible for many years running.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes we've been slammed with injuries but Fangio is a tad overrated.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The defense is pretty darn good for the first half. The DL tires out after that and everything falls apart.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
The defense is pretty darn good for the first half. The DL tires out after that and everything falls apart.

Meh. To me, that first half performance was all about how bad Sam Bradford was. Any defense could have done what the Bears did in that half. I thought they actually left a few more potential turnovers on the field that a good defense would have been able to reel in. Adrian Amos whiffing on an easy INT was brutal. Christian Jones had a chance to come up with another one.

Once Keenum was put into the game, that same defense let a bad RB gash them all over the field. I don't know if they were tired as much as the Vikings were just not able to do anything in the first half with a quarterback who clearly wasn't ready to play.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
fangio is doing fine... its not like he has a roster full of all pros.

there are only 1-2 legit studs that are established and then a few hopefully emerging talents. and our lb core is fucked. if fox goes at the end of the year, and i hope he does, i also hope whoever comes in keeps fangio around. by choice though, not because the front office dictates it.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've pointed out this same thing after every game. The "vastly improved" defense, which in many posters' minds was going to be a major factor in winning 7 to 9 games (I can't type that without laughing.) has no INTs & a busted play every game. That comes back to the coaching.

As far as impact players being needed, IMO, it's not as crucial for the defense as it is the offense. You can scapegoat poor offense for not having any playmakers, but poor defense and special teams is an indictment of the coaching staff. All the players on an NFL roster are exceptional athletes, no excuses for busted plays on defense every game.