This describes Pace to a 'T'

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I'm not going to defend Ryan pace, but that doesn't also mean I won't acknowledge the media agenda here.

When Ryan Pace took over, he shut down almost all of the leaks coming out of Halas Hall.

This meant that many of these fat media bastards had to get off their ass and do real work for a living instead of just being served up easy stories and living on easy Street.

Ever since beat guys and former beat guys have been pounding the pavement even before any of Ryan Pace's well-known gaffes to have the guy fired.

Unlike like fans, it has nothing to do with his record.

It has everything to do with them hoping the next guy will let them go back to the better days of easy lazy stories and leaks galore.

And any appearance otherwise is them simply trying to rile up fans, thinking that with their own little Napoleon complexes, if they can whip up the fans into a large enough lather, that will result in Pace getting fired and then getting to live on easy street again.

Again, this takes nothing away from the very legitimate reasons why pace could and then the minds of many should be replaced. But when it comes from the sports media, I don't think a single word of it from them is genuine. Not one.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I'm not going to defend Ryan pace, but that doesn't also mean I won't acknowledge the media agenda here.

When Ryan Pace took over, he shut down almost all of the leaks coming out of Halas Hall.

This meant that many of these fat media bastards had to get off their ass and do real work for a living instead of just being served up easy stories and living on easy Street.

Ever since beat guys and former beat guys have been pounding the pavement even before any of Ryan Pace's well-known gaffes to have the guy fired.

It has everything to do with them hoping the next guy will let them go back to the better days of easy lazy stories and leaks galore.

And any appearance otherwise is them simply trying to rile up fans, thinking that with their own little Napoleon complexes, if they can whip up the fans into a large enough lather, that will result in Pace getting fired and then getting to live on easy street again.

Again, this takes nothing away from the very legitimate reasons why pace could and then the minds of many should be replaced. But when it comes from the sports media, I don't think a single word of it from them is genuine. Not one.
let’s say the media is actually out to get pace, which they aren’t, do you know how to fix it?

win a fucking play off game

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

You literally lied about what a media member said yesterday. Maybe sit this one out, back titty teddy.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

What? This is some tin foil hat shit man. How can you type all that as if it's fact?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
let’s say the media is actually out to get pace, which they aren’t, do you know how to fix it?

That’s not what the media cares about. They want tasty tidbits of info on a daily basis for their stories. They want the inside scoop. Making the playoffs doesn’t give them anything to get an edge on the other media competition.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

actually, this sounds like a very strong defense of Pace on your part

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
More honest answer:

Reporter: Why are you starting Dalton week 1 when Justin is the obvious better QB?

Ryan: Look, when we tried to trade the farm for Russell Wilson and failed, we were running out of options at QB. We didn't think we had a shot at landing a top tier QB in the draft at pick 20 so we HAD to do something and quick. Dalton came to interview and had other options so the only way we could sway him to Chicago was to promise him he would be the week 1 starter. We did that and he told everyone in his presser we told him he was the starter. If I want a leg to stand on in future negotiations I have to stick to my word. Once he comes in and fails like he inevitably will do behind this OLine, then we switch to our future at QB Fields. I have instructed Matt Nagy that no matter what Justin does in training camp and preseason Dalton is the starter week 1. I see how giddy Matt is whenever he talks about Justin and I know he wants to start him but I am in charge here.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
More honest answer:

Reporter: Why are you starting Dalton week 1 when Justin is the obvious better QB?

Ryan: Look, when we tried to trade the farm for Russell Wilson and failed, we were running out of options at QB. We didn't think we had a shot at landing a top tier QB in the draft at pick 20 so we HAD to do something and quick. Dalton came to interview and had other options so the only way we could sway him to Chicago was to promise him he would be the week 1 starter. We did that and he told everyone in his presser we told him he was the starter. If I want a leg to stand on in future negotiations I have to stick to my word. Once he comes in and fails like he inevitably will do behind this OLine, then we switch to our future at QB Fields. I have instructed Matt Nagy that no matter what Justin does in training camp and preseason Dalton is the starter week 1. I see how giddy Matt is whenever he talks about Justin and I know he wants to start him but I am in charge here.
I would hope he’d say, “He’s not obviously better. And you have no idea what you’re talking about.”

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
That’s not what the media cares about. They want tasty tidbits of info on a daily basis for their stories. They want the inside scoop. Making the playoffs doesn’t give them anything to get an edge on the other media competition.
no but it’s what bears fans care about

only reason anybody listens to what the media has to say about Pace is because they are telling the truth

gocbears

Liked Posts:
All media survive on controversy and click bait stories designed to whip readers into a frenzy. In this case it seems to be working for those for & against Pace and Nagy. When the media don't get the answers they feel they are entitled to, they start slinging crap on the the person holding out on them like a pack of pissed off monkeys. I trust the media about as much as I trust politicians, lawyers, insurance adjusters, and weather reports. Unfortunately, we needs all of the aforementioned., and for now, we have Pace and Nagy.

Would I like to know details about what's happening with the team - yes. Do I feel entitled to, or have my feelings hurt when they aren't delivering the goods - no.

What matters to me if what happens on game day, not what some butt hurt media vulture has to say about their pitiful self.

Go Bears!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol

Reporter: Why does every professional sports franchise feel it necessary to talk about its locker room “culture.’’

Pace: It’s a great tool for deflection. I know we’re headed for a 7-10 season, but rather than focus on that, I talk up the great culture we have at Halas Hall. Until we get some better players, we’ll pretend that what we’re running here is an encounter group, not a football team.

Bust

Liked Posts:

Tru dat. Winning cures all . . . cept for the Chicago Blackhawks forum here. The handful of them that post there trash the GM, Coaching staff daily and some have now resorted to flaming Rocky Wirtz. Hilarious! Go read their tripe for comedic value only!!

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Tru dat. Winning cures all . . . cept for the Chicago Blackhawks forum here. The handful of them that post there trash the GM, Coaching staff daily and some have now resorted to flaming Rocky Wirtz. Hilarious! Go read their tripe for comedic value only!!
no thanks

im just a lowly kings fan

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
i believe ya, but your post was pretty defensive of Pace

Two things can be true and are not mutually exclusive:

The media in this town has it out for Ryan pace for reasons not pertaining to his ability to do the job and more to do with their desire to have things easier for themselves.

And

Ryan pace is an average to below average general manager who should be replaced provided you can find someone better.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Pace's drafts have been average overall but his handling of the cap/FA and the amount of deceiving the press has been an issue.