My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Serious question.
If a 4 game rookie QB is changing the playbook, how can the HC ever be his HC again? Clearly, in 7 NFL games he has seen through his charade, has no respect for him or his playbook and isn't afraid to tell the world.

JJ calling him out about the fine.
AR calling out the lack of reps with JF
Fields publicly saying, he and the WR need to meet seperate from the coaches to adjust the plays.
Foles earlier this season repeating his unconcealed displeasure with this offense.
Dalton clearly, mouth covered engaging in that same discussion.
The repeated personal foul disqualifications.

Each of these things are a bit insubordinate, but as a collection, it speaks to Nagy having zero respect in the locker room.

Some guys might like playing for him but that is not respecting him.

I liked having a substitute teacher in grade school, but it wasn't because I thought she was bringing a wealth of knowledge that would help me become a better student.
He's lost the locker room, and that was all he had his hat to hang on recently.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
You guys are out of your minds. Fields got approval from someone if he's LITTERALLY changing the plays - Lazor, Defillipo, someone signed off on it.

He's not CHANGING plays on his own accord. The meeting might have been his...or ARob's idea.
LMAO. STFU already. This douche goes so far out of his way to not give Fields the slightest credit. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, doesn't change the fact that the dude's trying to be a leader on this team.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
LMAO. STFU already. This douche goes so far out of his way to not give Fields the slightest credit. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, doesn't change the fact that the dude's trying to be a leader on this team.

Good post. This is how you change the entire “culture” of a team used to settling for defeat and just accepting it. Fields is not having it. Win or lose, the guy deserves credit for trying to do what the coaches so obviously cannot do.

He wants to fix the damn offense.

He wants to win!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Good post. This is how you change the entire “culture” of a team used to settling for defeat and just accepting it. Fields is not having it. Win or lose, the guy deserves credit for trying to do what the coaches so obviously cannot do.

He wants to fix the damn offense.

He wants to win!
Mitch did it too. This isn't unique.

Allen Robinson has been working with Mitchell Trubisky four times a week

Matt Nagy added that Trubisky has been throwing with several Bears receivers this offseason, which he called “freaking awesome.”

“I’ve been able to get on the field with Mitch quite a bit,” Robinson said. “We get on the field about four times a week. Just being able to get on the field with him and also being able to do different things on my own conditioning-wise and (inaudible) wise, being able to still maintain a very good regimen of what I’m doing.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Matt Nagy added that Trubisky has been throwing with several Bears receivers this offseason, which he called “freaking awesome.”

“I’ve been able to get on the field with Mitch quite a bit,” Robinson said. “We get on the field about four times a week. Just being able to get on the field with him and also being able to do different things on my own conditioning-wise and (inaudible) wise, being able to still maintain a very good regimen of what I’m doing.
That's from last year. Not as a rookie. Not to mention it's not being portrayed as unique.

mecha

Liked Posts:

Jay Cutler did this shit in Miami in the offseason for years. nobody was tugging on his penis with such jubilation.

while on the subject, everything people shit on Cutler for not doing, Fields is doing now. with ironically lesser results. the lol.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Jay Cutler did this shit in Miami in the offseason for years. nobody was tugging on his penis with such jubilation.

while on the subject, everything people shit on Cutler for not doing, Fields is doing now. with ironically lesser results. the lol.
FFS what are you not understanding? This isn't about extra throwing to WR's. Nothing has ever said he is even doing that. This is about a not only the QB, but the rookie QB with 4 starts, meeting with his WR's in a private zoom meeting and changing actual routes on the plays the coaching staff is giving you.

That is pretty fucking unique.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Throwing with players isn't changing the playbook. That's just throwing. Fields is trying to change routes and the whole gameplan. Which to be honest if EVERYTHING we are hearing from Robinson and Peters is true. THE WHOLE OFFENSIVE STAFF has given Fields crayons to work on and painting.

Players he had few to no reps with.
A 7th round pick in the draft before his whole took ZERO snaps to get ready. Simmons could be horrible, but you basically set him up to be worse than horrible.
That same 7 step drop game plan that Foles had to deal with, with an offensive line that can't protect with the ideal time those plays tend to make.

Fields may not want to run the ball run the ball run the ball, play action, but anyone saying Fields is doing the same as Cutler and Mitch, is wrong. Changing plays, I'll put money on it, they didn't do that.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FFS what are you not understanding? This isn't about extra throwing to WR's. Nothing has ever said he is even doing that. This is about a not only the QB, but the rookie QB with 4 starts, meeting with his WR's in a private zoom meeting and changing actual routes on the plays the coaching staff is giving you.

I'm betting he watched tape on what Brady was doing last game. He could see he had a hot route for whenever someone he read a blitz on. Likely wanting that player to hit a quick route in the area that player was. And awesome move if someone like Mooney Goodwin or even any of the other speedy mini receivers Pace signed this offseason.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Throwing with players isn't changing the playbook. That's just throwing. Fields is trying to change routes and the whole gameplan. Which to be honest if EVERYTHING we are hearing from Robinson and Peters is true. THE WHOLE OFFENSIVE STAFF has given Fields crayons to work on and painting.
It was reported a couple of weeks ago that Nagy asked the players if they had any ideas on what could help the offense.

...so it's happening with a few meetings.

Ok.

Cc: @iueyedoc

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Nice idea by Fields.

Coaches should squash it.

Can't have the coaches game planning with a bunch of plays that end up being run different then drawn up. To me if the play call is bad, you know who to blame. That's actually important.

Look at it the other way. If the plays all of a sudden start working from the outside it starts to look like Nagy figured it out. If it really works and you guys sneak into the playoffs maybe extension conversations start popping up?

Overall in an effort to make things work better you remove all accountability.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was reported a couple of weeks ago that Nagy asked the players if they had any ideas on what could help the offense.

...so it's happening with a few meetings.

Ok.

Cc: @iueyedoc
Coming up with idea's is one thing, but when you see the same coach throw a gameplan together and players aren't even on the same page is a fail.

You can do that to a guy like Peters. He has been around the league doing it all and her can likely role in and help coaching coach up young guys like a simmons like a borom.

mecha

Liked Posts:

I don't have any emotional attachment to what's going on with the Chicago Bears like the rest of you I guess. you know, because there's more important things going on in my life than worrying about what a professional sports organization that makes more money than all of us ever will combined is going to do.

I genuinely don't even care if they win or lose anymore. I'm not losing sleep over personnel or coaching decisions.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Fields taking is upon himself to meet with the receivers is cool, but nothing special.

Talking about changing the routes though? That feels like an ultimate middle finger to the coaching staff.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Fields taking is upon himself to meet with the receivers is cool, but nothing special.

Talking about changing the routes though? That feels like an ultimate middle finger to the coaching staff.
Seems like a lot of people in the building are aiming middle fingers in nagys direction

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I genuinely don't even care if they win or lose anymore. I'm not losing sleep over personnel or coaching decisions.
Isn't that how it should be? If you like the Bears and like football then watch them. You know they're going to win some and lose some. If watching them is something that possibly ruins your day (or more) then you've only got one person to blame: yourself.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Isn't that how it should be? If you like the Bears and like football then watch them. You know they're going to win some and lose some. If watching them is something that possibly ruins your day (or more) then you've only got one person to blame: yourself.
Some of these guys would snort coke off Justin Fields' toes.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild