This Draft had a Different Feel To It

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Tough. That’s the word that accurately describes all these picks. Fields was a home run, and he is a gamer with big game experience who plays hurt and is known as a leader. He’s a football player.

Now Pace actually did something I didn’t think he’d do. Protect the guy who you want to be here for 15 years. Jenkins is a mauler. Borom is a mauler. That’s telling the OL men on the roster-get your shit together. Being athletic and agile is fine and good, but not being able to move the ball in short yardage situations ain’t happening anymore. You are all on notice.

Herbert, Newsome and Graham aren’t just guys who have “traits,” they’re football players who fucking produced. You listening Anthony Miller?

Tonga was a great pick also. LBers will love him as a space eater on the inside. The D took a considerable drop after Goldman opted out.

The Fields pick was awesome, but the whole draft felt different than those in the past. It was about setting a tone. Pace has had his fair share of mistakes, but gotta give him credit. He killed this draft.

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
Who actually had their fingers on this draft.... Did pace tell the organization that this is his draft "let me sink or swim" was the coaching staff making the call was this "nagys draft". Who ever or what ever happened this was a good draft

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who actually had their fingers on this draft.... Did pace tell the organization that this is his draft "let me sink or swim" was the coaching staff making the call was this "nagys draft". Who ever or what ever happened this was a good draft
I don't particularly like what went down on day 3, so I will go on record what I think should have happened.

My dream draft
1. Fields QB1
2. Jenkins RT
5. Jamar Johnson S Indiana
6. Khalil Herbert RB3 Virg Tech
6. Trey Smith RT/LT2/Swing1 Tennessee
6. Thomas Graham Jr. CB Oregon
7. Marvin Wilson DT USC

Wimms and Ridley will beat out Newsome for time. The other two will go to PS and disappear.
This draft had a chance to be epic and land 4 eventual starters and a starting nickel, good back-up RB and rotation DT.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Finally, the stars aligned and in a deep draft, other teams skipped over some serious A1 starters in Fields & Jenkins.
MIN took lazy Darrisaw in 1st. haaa

Less small school non-football player athletes this time. Not sure about Day 3 myself yet, but those are darts on the board usually. Hope he nabs some solid UDFAs too.