This is a trash HC hire

Rise

Liked Posts:
Rushed to hire this piece of shit too. 9 fucking openings and only the sorry ass jaguars asked to interview this idiot. Still 7 openings and Poles just had to get this done today why? No other team was going to hire this garbage trash middle
Management man.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
One of my brothers is a Colts fan and he thinks highly of Eberfus? He calls the D's troubles to not having proper pass rushers, which Matt's scheme are dependent on, which he blames on Indy's GM and thinks he's a good DC. Keep in mind I don't follow Indy and he is very unbiased when giving his opinion on football matters and normally he's spot on with his analysis. I think Chi's defense will be back up to its usual par based on his observation and if Matty boy picks out a proper OC. We might have something going!

+ run and shoot

what my friends are saying is:

-VERY stubborn

-capable of making adjustments, but reluctant to do it (they pointed me to the Colts/ravens game)

-widely considered the guy who dropped the ball against the 2-14 Jags to screw them out of a playoff spot

-simplistic scheme, lack of creativity, Prefers a 4-3 “bend but don’t break” defense (I’ve seen enough of this for 3 lifetimes)

-average quarterbacks known to have career games against the Colts

-ton of talent on that side of the ball, guys not being used to their strengths

-prioritizes a “front 7” as opposed to a “back 7” - this one is up for debate, not necessarily bad thing but it’s a totally different approach than Desai, so he’s probably gone.

Maybe he’s just an incredible leader of men? Idk. But I certainly hope your brother is right haha and I’m wrong…

But if this guy didn’t get hired by the Bears, there is a real chance he would have been fired by the Colts…lol

Last edited:

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
+ run and shoot

what my friends are saying is:

-VERY stubborn

-capable of making adjustments, but reluctant to do it (they pointed me to the Colts/ravens game)

-widely considered the guy who dropped the ball against the 2-14 Jags to screw them out of a playoff spot

-simplistic scheme, lack of creativity, Prefers a 4-3 “bend but don’t break” defense (I’ve seen enough of this for 3 lifetimes)

-average quarterbacks known to have career games against the Colts

-ton of talent on that side of the ball, guys not being used to their strengths

-prioritizes a “front 7” as opposed to a “back 7” - this one is up for debate, not necessarily bad thing but it’s a totally different approach than Desai, so he’s probably gone.

Maybe he’s just an incredible leader of men? Idk. But I certainly hope your brother is right haha and I’m wrong…

But if this guy didn’t get hired by the Bears, there is a real chance he would have been fired by the Colts…lol

I love the Jaguars thing. Wentz threw for 185 yards, took 6 sacks, turned the ball over twice and the offense scored 11 points but it was definitely the d-coordinators fault!

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
So you're saying he was sabotaging the offensive staff that game?

They almost gave up a 30 piece to the worst team in the league, a team that isn’t even trying to win, in a game that would have vaulted them into the playoffs.

I don’t even think the jags had Robinson or their top receiver lmfao but I’ll have to go back and check that last point

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Alright. Over-Under.

Matt Eberflus reaches 45 wins in a five year span.

Over or Under?

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I love the Jaguars thing. Wentz threw for 185 yards, took 6 sacks, turned the ball over twice and the offense scored 11 points but it was definitely the d-coordinators fault!

They are not mutually exclusive man. Both the offense and defense were terrible.

on offense you can blame Wentz he’s a scrub. What’s the excuse on defense? They are loaded on that side of the ball

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
I am absolutely, unequivocally, 100% positive that I have no idea whether or not this will be a good hire.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’m 100% sure this is a bad hire. You can screenshot this bookmark it whatever you want.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Why couldn’t the bears at least fly these guys out on a private jet like normal billionaires.. instead of Southwest Airlines ?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
lol this is really a terrible hire. Went to university in Indiana half my friends are Colts fans they fucking hate the guy.

Remember how much we all loved fangio and didn’t want him to leave? That’s not how Colts fans feel.

not the end all be all but pretty damn telling
Hires in professional sports should definitely be based on opinions of fans

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Hires in professional sports should definitely be based on opinions of fans

Because the alternative approach has worked so well for the Bears the last 30 years right?

I’d rather have the meatiest meathead in Chicago decide this teams future than McCaskey, I’m being dead serious too

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
They almost gave up a 30 piece to the worst team in the league, a team that isn’t even trying to win, in a game that would have vaulted them into the playoffs.

I don’t even think the jags had Robinson or their top receiver lmfao but I’ll have to go back and check that last point

Sadly it would've been a lot worse if it weren't for the defense holding them to lots of FGs.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Pep Hamilton has developed Luck, Herbert, Mills and Kyle Orton experienced an uptick in production under Hamilton in 2008 ( see the graphic I provided for u)

Hamilton.......
View attachment 17204

The flu guy

View attachment 17205

Hell...Greg Roman might be looking good at this point

:obama:
LOL Pep's list is long because he never held a single position for more than 3 yrs, 8 of them for a single year.

Pep as head of offense as OC
College 5 yrs( 3 at Howard and 2 at Stanford)
Pro 3 Yrs( Colts)

Eberflus as head of defense as DC

College 8 years all at the same school Mizzou
Pro 4 Yrs all as Colts DC.

Also, Eberflus never was demoted , did nothing but move up. College asst, college DC, pro asst, Pro DC, Pro HC.

Pep can't seem to keep a job.