This is a trash HC hire

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Should Ryan Poles be fired? Eberflus has two arms and two legs. Nagy also has two arms and two legs. Coincidence? No. Fire Poles now!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How is Pep Hamilton more qualified than Eberflus?

His unit hasn't been as consistently dominant as Greg Roman's offense but he has found success as DC.
The Colts have very good defensive players though.
I mean, they kinda underperformed this year tbh.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ll still wait and see who the OC is before I freak out but I hate what’s happening so far.
Going from Pace to a 36 yo is not what I wanted.
Eberflus over Leslie Frazier’s #1 D blows my mind. If you were going to go the route none of us wanted, DC, especially with opportunity to potentially retain Desai with OC head coach.
I can’t ignore Desai’s pressures and sacks while trailing all year.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
There's nothing about this FLU guy that screams HC. This is a perfect example of an unqualified person being over more qualified ppl i.e. Caldwell, Pederson, Harbaugh, Hamilton. It looks like the Jags will hire the guy who's had a top 5 offense the last 3yrs.
I read where Caldwell came in with a plan for Fields. What plan does this FLU guy have for anything? 0
Yeah, I'm gonna get flack for these statements, cuz I'm expected to just go along.

Bring in a guy like Ken Dorsey or Mike Kafka for Fields and the offense and this could be a great hire. Time will tell. The guy FLU is supposed to be meticulous and is a great teacher. Something this undisciplined team desperately needs. He was not my #1 guy but I am willing to see what happens and will give him a chance to get it right.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
No one knows anything about how this will work out. If we grabbed a guy like Pederson then people would whine about he's another retread who wasn't in the running for any other job. Caldwell is too old and has concerns about his health. What the heck has Pep Hamilton proved as a head coach? I think Harbaugh would've been the only guy that you could feel pretty good about considering his track record but that also puts him in position to call his own shots... and it's been floating around that the Raiders are the only job he'd possibly want (who knows for sure though).

Wait and see, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Caldwell is too old and has concerns about his health.
He settled his health issues. Like Fields, Caldwell went vegan. There are guys older the Caldwell coaching.

What the heck has Pep Hamilton proved as a head coach?
>>>#35
And what has the flu guy proved a head coach? Just curious

Wait and see, you might be pleasantly surprised.

I hope so. I just wanna us win another SB.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
He settled his health issues. Like Fields, Caldwell went vegan. There are guys older the Caldwell coaching.
I'm just saying what the excuses would be for all the other guys, and you know you'd see them.

And what has the flu guy proved a head coach? Just curious
Nothing yet. I personally like trying to find the next good head coach for the next 10 years rather than grabbing retreads so I'm keeping an open mind. Hopefully Poles is the real deal because it appears he got to choose his own head coach.

I hope so. I just wanna us win another SB.
Probably best to become Chiefs or Bills fan then. :)

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The Colts have very good defensive players though.
I mean, they kinda underperformed this year tbh.
Which ones are very good? I count two. Granted both of them are very, very good. But other than that there isn't one guy who starts on most teams in the NFL.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only good thing I can say is at least it’s not Leslie Frazier or Jim Caldwell. Those guys are ready for retirement.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Eberflus Pep

View attachment 17207View attachment 17208
Im sorry but coaching QBs doesn't make you a more experienced coach. It makes you more experienced with QBs. They both have the same amount of NFL experience. The difference is that Eberflus hasn't washed out multiple times.

LOL...."washed out multiple times." I doubt you'll elaborate on that odd comment.

Anyway.....If u look closely, you'll see has Hamilton has more than Qb development background. He's been a OC and a GM-HC in the XFL. Hamilton has more pro experience than the flu guy. TRUTH.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Eberflus over Leslie Frazier’s #1 D blows my mind. If you were going to go the route none of us wanted, DC, especially with opportunity to potentially retain Desai with OC head coach.
I'm guessing they didn't hire Frazier because he was a terrible HC the first time around

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
lol this is really a terrible hire. Went to university in Indiana half my friends are Colts fans they fucking hate the guy.

Remember how much we all loved fangio and didn’t want him to leave? That’s not how Colts fans feel.

not the end all be all but pretty damn telling

If u have more info on this guy please share. Thanks

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
LOL...."washed out multiple times." I doubt you'll elaborate on that odd comment.

Anyway.....If u look closely, you'll see has Hamilton has more than Qb development background. He's been a OC and a GM-HC in the XFL. Hamilton has more pro experience than the flu guy. TRUTH.
He did a terrible job in Chicago, so he ended up coaching WRs in college. You don't get demoted when you do a good job. That is washing out. Pep has had a career of inconsistency. But i don't expect you acknowledge that because all you do is lie. You don't even remember that multiple Bears QBs were benched under Pep and you use the injury excuse.

Stop lying about things to push your coaching narratives. You did it with Roman. You're doing it with Pep. Many coaches are more qualified to be a HC than Eberflus, Pep is not one of them. They're essentially the same thing.

Why was Pep AHC in Michigan and then not?
Why was Pep a HC in a league that no one cares about and then a positional coach?

How come he cant consistently move up on a coaching chain of command?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
My concern is that Poles really didn't interview many candidates and seems to have rushed a decision he didn't need to rush.

Even if you go defense and hire a DC, at least interview multiple offensive minded coaches to hear out their plan for offense. Get a full, well rounded picture abd make an informative decision. Afterall, the hope is that you only do this once and get it right.

Sorry, but on the surface, it looks like a rookie move where our young GM was too impatient or easily impressionable.