This is a trash HC hire

TL1961

Liked Posts:
lol this is really a terrible hire. Went to university in Indiana half my friends are Colts fans they fucking hate the guy.

Remember how much we all loved fangio and didn’t want him to leave? That’s not how Colts fans feel.

not the end all be all but pretty damn telling
Remember how Fangio showed that being a HC is clearly not about simply being a good DC?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Michigan fans were elated when Pep Hamilton left or was forced out.
I have no love for Pep Hamilton but Michigan fans are like St Louis Cardinal fans. As soon as someone leaves they were never any good, no matter how much they loved them previously.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
>>>#35
And what has the flu guy proved a head coach? Just curious
You like to give Pep all the credit for the QBs he's worked with while he's only an asst coach and not a coordinator. He was for 2.5 years with Luck as his QB and got canned 1/2 way through his 3rd year. Arians groomed Luck for him during his 1st year (2012).

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Remember how Fangio showed that being a HC is clearly not about simply being a good DC?
I called that one from a mile away but the same thing applies for good OCs as well. That's why I hope Poles has a good eye for finding a guy who has the makings of a good head coach, not just a glorified D/OC.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I never lie. And if I'm wrong, I admit it. I've never heard u admit to being wrong. When ppl present factual info, you go into avoidance mode and or ghost mode.( like u did when I provided factual info on Hamilton's time here >>>link #129 )
The only problem I had with Roman was predictable play calling and designed Qb runs, And I provided several articles on this.

Rex experienced injuries and was also benched. Thats a good thing. It shows good coaching vs sticking with a non performer. When HC's get fired, that's typically means the staff is gone too. Did u know that? Hell I've seen plenty of
unqualified "move up on a coaching chain of command". I'm seeing it with this flu guy over more other qualified ppl.

Look at the 2021 hires.....and the tell me they were most qualified.
You haven't heard it because you haven't listened.

Hey moron, you didn't even tag me in that post. That's not ghost mode, that is "not being aware that you made another dogshit post mode".

As i replied to you months ago, you kept providing articles by nobody with any credible football acumen. This is like someone posting an article by Erik Lambert. I'm sorry bud but rage filled articles written by fans is not good source material to prove a point. You kept claiming that you had all the proof. All the receipts. After asking you a dozen times thats all you came up with. Pathetic.

Good, you're admitting he was benched. Now didn't you say he helped develop Grossman? Into what?

This debate isn't about the 2021 hired. Its about Pep vs Eberflus, two guys who have been coaching since the 90s and both who have the same amount of time in the league. The other people you mentioned are more qualified. Pep is not.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Chicago meatball fans think everything revolves around defense even when we have a shitty offense and barely average QB. Keep being meatballs and welcome to .500 for the next 5 years

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Chicago meatball fans think everything revolves around defense even when we have a shitty offense and barely average QB. Keep being meatballs and welcome to .500 for the next 5 years
8-8-1 for 5 years would be one for the record books

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
run and shoot said:

>>>#35

You like to give Pep all the credit for the QBs he's worked with while he's only an asst coach and not a coordinator. He was for 2.5 years with Luck as his QB and got canned 1/2 way through his 3rd year. Arians groomed Luck for him during his 1st year (2012).

Hamilton was Luck's Qb coach at Stanford.

Urlhacker

Pack Hunter
Liked Posts:
When has an offensive minded HC ever worked in Chicago? Year one of Nagy when we had the #1 Defense in the NFL? With that said, we desperately need an OC/Offensive staff that knows how to score points on offense in the NFL, as it currently exists.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Hiring a head coach is a complex topic.

Off the top of my head, the most successful head coaches in the NFL over the last 15 years would be Belichick, Carroll, Payton, Reid, and Tomlin.

Seems like a good list.

Now before any of them was hired, did they run a top 5 overall offense or defense before their current open positions? (Hint, not Payton, Reid, or Tomlin).

All of them had the good fortune of having Hall of Fame quarterbacks at the same time, so, you know...

That being said, I do not know what tier I would put Justin Fields. He's a dynamic talent that could turn into a hell of a player, or he could be the dud we saw this season. What matters IMO, for a good HC, is the ability to run the team well and have a good program that works. I do not know if this will be ME, but you cannot really know who is going to be the next juggernaut HC. Most of these guys get fired relatively quickly.

So we will see. I do believe that Matt needs to build a good room of coaches that can show some improvement for the franchise. I mean, I'll pretty much take any kind of on field improvement consistently over several seasons.

mecha

Liked Posts:
the Bears have swung on Trestman, who with Mel Tucker provided the franchise worst defenses, ever, and Nagy, who had one glimmer of success that was pissed away on a poor replacement kicker selection. Trestman gets the nod for having the better offense, but even that's kind of subjective after his year 1. Nagy had shit like Oompa Loompa and Willy Wonka that worked when Trey Burton's cunt wasn't locked up and there was an element of surprise in putting in a #3 offensive lineman to catch passes. you know what loses games? having shitty defense with Tucker and Pagano, by allowing the other team to score more points. shore up the defense and limit the amount of points allowed and place an actual emphasis on turning the ball over to give your offense better field position or maybe even return for touchdowns, you'll start winning more football games. I've said these undisciplined jackoff offensive-minded head coaches aren't the way. Patrick Mahomes didn't win the Super Bowl last year, the Buccaneers defense did. I don't understand why this concept is to fucking difficult to comprehend.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:

Definitely, but if he can’t even coach his specialty well, how will he manage the entire team?

How does an average defensive mind get the best out of Justin Fields? Why aren’t they prioritizing his development ?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I never lie. And if I'm wrong, I admit it. I've never heard u admit to being wrong. When ppl present factual info, you go into avoidance mode and or ghost mode.( like u did when I provided factual info on Hamilton's time here >>>link #129 )
The only problem I had with Roman was predictable play calling and designed Qb runs, And I provided several articles on this.

Rex experienced injuries and was also benched. Thats a good thing. It shows good coaching vs sticking with a non performer. When HC's get fired, that's typically means the staff is gone too. Did u know that? Hell I've seen plenty of
unqualified "move up on a coaching chain of command". I'm seeing it with this flu guy over more other qualified ppl.

Look at the 2021 hires.....and the tell me they were most qualified.

You haven't heard it because you haven't listened.

Hey moron, you didn't even tag me in that post. That's not ghost mode, that is "not being aware that you made another dogshit post mode".

As i replied to you months ago, you kept providing articles by nobody with any credible football acumen. This is like someone posting an article by Erik Lambert. I'm sorry bud but rage filled articles written by fans is not good source material to prove a point. You kept claiming that you had all the proof. All the receipts. After asking you a dozen times thats all you came up with. Pathetic.

Good, you're admitting he was benched. Now didn't you say he helped develop Grossman? Into what?

This debate isn't about the 2021 hired. Its about Pep vs Eberflus, two guys who have been coaching since the 90s and both who have the same amount of time in the league. The other people you mentioned are more qualified. Pep is not.

Here's an article from NFL.com on Romans predictability. I can provide others as I have in the past.

Ravens OC Greg Roman: Defenses calling out plays is ...

two guys who have been coaching since the 90s and both who have the same amount of time in the league.

Hamilton has more pro experience than the flu guy.

Hey moron, you didn't even tag me in that post.

Yes I responded the same day or next day. See this is what I mean by u getting emotional and of course digressing to
name calling vs keeping things civil. Not once have I gone there with u

Liked Posts:
If he’s genuinely Poles’ guy then so be it and best of luck to him.

Doing a quick read through Colts forum though and they don’t seem particularly bothered about him moving on. Also a fair amount of talk about how often their defense was getting roasted in the 4th quarter… so should fit in pretty well.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Here's an article from NFL.com on Romans predictability. I can provide others as I have in the past.

Ravens OC Greg Roman: Defenses calling out plays is ...

Hamilton has more pro experience than the flu guy.

Yes I responded the same day or next day. See this is what I mean by u getting emotional and of course digressing to
name calling vs keeping things civil. Not once have I gone there with u
I was wrong(see). You did post that article as well. An article that I mentioned doesn't explain how he is lazy or predictable(what you claimed). It's a frustrated Lamar Jackson making excuses for his poor play and they ended up coming out of their funk.

They both have 13 years experience in the league.

You responded the same day or next...That doesn't explain how you expected me to know about it when you didn't even tag me. Me calling you a moron isn't me being emotional, its me calling a moron a moron for not understanding that someone can look past a post when they aren't tagged in it. You want a response? Reply to me or @ me.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
run and shoot said:

>>>#35

Hamilton was Luck's Qb coach at Stanford.
Nothing but at least he isn't a failed Coordinator. What has Hamilton proven? Has he ever even interviewed for HC anywhere? He's recently turned down a OC interview with the Panthers. Maybe he's could be a good one of those the 2nd time around.

Bearey Palpatine

Liked Posts:
lol this is really a terrible hire. Went to university in Indiana half my friends are Colts fans they fucking hate the guy.

Remember how much we all loved fangio and didn’t want him to leave? That’s not how Colts fans feel.

not the end all be all but pretty damn telling
One of my brothers is a Colts fan and he thinks highly of Eberfus? He calls the D's troubles to not having proper pass rushers, which Matt's scheme are dependent on, which he blames on Indy's GM and thinks he's a good DC. Keep in mind I don't follow Indy and he is very unbiased when giving his opinion on football matters and normally he's spot on with his analysis. I think Chi's defense will be back up to its usual par based on his observation and if Matty boy picks out a proper OC. We might have something going!

Rise

Liked Posts:
They had the second interview setup for this scrub before they even interviewed Poles. To act like this was his top 3 is complete bullshit. Then of this awful group of 3, they of course picked the worse one. Caldwell at least is proven and had a plan for Fields, Quinn was coming with a strong staff in place, and hopefully learned from his first chance. Then you have this guy who brings what to the table? Absolutely fucking nothing.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I completely agree. His mentor is 0-16 Rod, runs the outdated cover who defense, has apparently no plan for offense, old at 51 for a first time HC. Basically Dick Jauron all over again, when they got desperate. Will be average, .500 type because he will have a basic plan that will work against bad teams. No chance of anything great, just depressing.
Can't really agree with your knee jerk assessment of the defense Eberflus runs when he is in a 4-2-5 nickel 75% of the time. I believe the Colts were in that defense more than any team in the league.