This is a trash HC hire

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
run and shoot said:

The majority of this board wants to see Fields developed as a Qb, You tell us, who's more likely to get that done
Hamilton or the flu?

Way to deflect from the facts when they don't fit your narrative. And I think a majority of this board agrees as you once said:

And since Eberflus was a finalist for 3 HC positions,top guy for at least 2 of them and Pep Hamilton has had nothing more than an invite to interview for an OC position in CAR, a position he found so repulsive he turned it down to stay at a position he may be fired from in HOU, I would say that Eberflus is universally considered more prepared to lead a team to a SB, well universally minus black racists.

The "deflection" started with your diversionary remarks here >>>#119

1 u know nothing about me, 2. as mentioned earlier, I'm looking for the most qualified HC to get us wins and help Fields develop.

You're obviously triggered, to the point of bringing up race at every turn. The word qualified no doubt brings out your poisonous covert racial, race baiting, racist focused diatribes.

Like I said earlier.....if u wanna see a racist, look in a mirror.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Weren't Nagy and Trestman both considered offensive guys? How'd that work out?

If this guy was Poles' pick, then I'm not bitching about a thing till I see what he's got.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weren't Nagy and Trestman both considered offensive guys? How'd that work out?

If this guy was Poles' pick, then I'm not bitching about a thing till I see what he's got.
because the bears flopped on picking offensive guys does not mean you don't do it anymore.....

imagine a dude getting turned down by two chicks and then coming to the conclusion he should never ask girls out again because it didn't work twice in a row.

your balls would turn blue and you'd be forced to live your life on 4chan

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I called that one from a mile away but the same thing applies for good OCs as well. That's why I hope Poles has a good eye for finding a guy who has the makings of a good head coach, not just a glorified D/OC.
Yeah, that's what I mean. People criticizing the hire because he's not considered a good enough DC (while his team was 11th, 8th, 7th and 8th in DVOA the past 4 years)

We need a head coach who oversees everything and doesn't lean too much to his side of the ball. I heard Jim Miller say tonight that two of his coaches were first time head coaches who gravitated too much to one side, based on their background.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Alright. Over-Under.

Matt Eberflus reaches 45 wins in a five year span.

Over or Under?
OVER and he'll hit 50 dubs......at my age i'm not sure i'll be here in 5 years, but if i'm not... save this and salute me with your favorite adult beverage. Oh...btw....hopefully a SB also.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Rushed to hire this piece of shit too. 9 fucking openings and only the sorry ass jaguars asked to interview this idiot. Still 7 openings and Poles just had to get this done today why? No other team was going to hire this garbage trash middle
Management man.
C'mon, man. You are simply talking out your ass.

If you preferred someone else, fine. But don't just criticize every last detail of the process and things you can't know about.

If he's not the first one hired, we could say they let candidates get away to other jobs. If he is first, the Bears "rushed" to a decision. It's unfair and unfounded.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
run and shoot said:

The majority of this board wants to see Fields developed as a Qb, You tell us, who's more likely to get that done
Hamilton or the flu?

1 u know nothing about me, 2. as mentioned earlier, I'm looking for the most qualified HC to get us wins and help Fields develop.

You're obviously triggered, to the point of bringing up race at every turn. The word qualified no doubt brings out your poisonous covert racial, race baiting, racist focused diatribes.

How the fuck and in what universe is Pep the most qualified to be HC? HCs don't do most of the work on QBs.

This is where you deflect to some other guy you mentioned besides Pep but that sure doesn't excuse the immense hypocrisy here.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
run and shoot said:

Tell me why he was hired over more qualified ppl?

How the fuck is Caldwell more qualified? He sucked after manning left and was horrible in Detroit! Harbaugh finally had a very good season at Michigan and had a beat down in the collage playoffs! Nagys experience does not make him a better candidate anywhere!

Both Harbaugh and Caldwell have been to SB's. Caldwell left Detroit with a winning record and playoff appearances.
But u say Caldwell "was horrible in Detroit ". What has Det. done since he left ???

BTW....Caldwell was left with Curtis Painter at time Qb when Manning went down. Did u expect Caldwell to put his hand on Painter's head and turn him into Patrick Mahomes???

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
1. His defensive philosophy is outdated. His units performed poorly in pass defense and 3rd down conversion.

2. No plan for offense or staff. This is apparent by the multiple OC candidate reports. Fields is top priority.

3. No prior HC experience on any level. While not a deal breaker I would have preferred an experienced hire.

4. Uses lame acronym cliches to teach, middle management cringe level shit.

5. looks like he is physically ill

I have more but that’s a start.
You already KNOW he has NO PLAN for offense?

Seriously?

Rise

Liked Posts:
C'mon, man. You are simply talking out your ass.

If you preferred someone else, fine. But don't just criticize every last detail of the process and things you can't know about.

If he's not the first one hired, we could say they let candidates get away to other jobs. If he is first, the Bears "rushed" to a decision. It's unfair and unfounded.

Nobody else wanted the guy, didn’t even want to speak to him and for good reason. Only that failure in Jacksonville requested an interview. Try again, you just desperately want this to work, I’m not talking out of my ass I’m basing it in fact. Zero urgency to hire this mediocre clown because he had no demand!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Can someone please explain to me the love for Pep Hamilton?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Amazing how many dufuslike people can bury a guy before he's coached even one game......he hasn't even had a press conference yet. LOL

This forum is overloaded with boneheads.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Nobody else wanted the guy, didn’t even want to speak to him and for good reason. Only that failure in Jacksonville requested an interview. Try again, you just desperately want this to work, I’m not talking out of my ass I’m basing it in fact. Zero urgency to hire this mediocre clown because he had no demand!
So, you'd have been ok with it if they hired him next week?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Amazing how many dufuslike people can bury a guy before he's coached even one game......he hasn't even had a press conference yet. LOL

This forum is overloaded with boneheads.
Agreed.
I was just accused of "desperately wanting this to work".

Hell yeah! I desperately want the GM to be great, I desperately want every draft pick to be great, I desperately want great coordinators.

I mean, I guess that accusation is someone openly admitting they don't want it to work, right?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
run and shoot said:

Hamilton or the flu?

How the fuck and in what universe is Pep the most qualified to be HC? HCs don't do most of the work on QBs.

This is where you deflect to some other guy you mentioned besides Pep but that sure doesn't excuse the immense hypocrisy here.

read this>>>>#1
and read this>>>>#132

Last edited:

Rise

Liked Posts:
So, you'd have been ok with it if they hired him next week?

I would have felt better about it if our new GM a did a real search and then landed on Eberflus yes. The Bears had this guy scheduled for a 2nd interview before even interviewing Poles for the first time.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
A lot of angry takes when you actually have no idea if he's going to be good or not. Fucking meatballs.
You r soooooooooooo right.........way too much anger here.....here is some unwanted advice for some of u.........check your hearts and your position in life......fix it! No one can do it for u. I'm in the winter of my life.......please do not respond because it will only make u look worse. And for all of u condescending, self righteous ones who talk about "old" guys...... there is one solution you have to solve it and that's death! And anyone who thinks 51 is old is either ignorant, arrogant or unwise. Mike Tyson is 55...... and with his attitude, I would love to see anyone of you tell him to his face he's an old man.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I would have felt better about it if our new GM a did a real search and then landed on Eberflus yes. The Bears had this guy scheduled for a 2nd interview before even interviewing Poles for the first time.
Here's the deal. Many people here were absolutely certain that Polian was forcing his people on the Bears. Many criticized the Bears for listening to a man his age, but nobody can name a more qualified NFL executive who could have been hired to do the consulting.

And then we heard many say Polian was going to force the Indy guys on the Bears. But it didn't happen.

Then the complaint was taht the GM was going to have to pick from the guys he was forced to consider - even though every person with knowledge of the situation has reported that the GM candidates were asked who their coaching candidates were, and Poles included Eberflus.

Now it is reported that between George, Teddy, Polian and one other, they were split 2 for Caldwell and 2 for Quinn. And the GM we were certain was being told what to do hired Eberflus.

And you STILL insist they didn't let him do his own thing.

There's no reasoning with you.