onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I can see fanbases going that route. There were CCS'ers that thought the defense wouldn't miss a beat when Don Fangio left. Some of the best DC/OC have crashed as HC.

We'll see if he can lead a team, that's what matters

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Well I remember when cutler left Denver they were like 'good riddance'. So it's always concerned me when ppl don't care
when somebody leaves a team.
Green Bay is saying it about Rodgers. Problem is Adams will leave with him. Man they are fucked.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well I remember when cutler left Denver they were like 'good riddance'. So it's always concerned me when ppl don't care
when somebody leaves a team.

That has zero to do with him now as the HC. Can't call something a failure not even 24 hours into the hire

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Yea I mean, Fields is probably fucked. Everyone except for dumb Bears fans know that. Their one goal was to get someone to make Fields flourish.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Here is a novel idea , maybe wait for the new GM 's presser to explain his thought process. I mean that would require restraint greater than that of a 3 year old, which I know is a struggle for you, but if you try hard, we might just get you a toy.
Here’s a novel idea, look at the track record of the Bears the past 30 years. They’re a little better than the Lions. Everyone knows this guy will be fired in four years.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Going into this season we know we have little cap space and a few draft picks. So it was already going to be hard fielding a decent offense. I guess then it made total sense to bring in the hc that would radically change the defense that will now need most of the attention lol lol.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
One of my cats likes to hop up on the bed at night and bite at my toes under the covers.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Here’s a novel idea, look at the track record of the Bears the past 30 years. They’re a little better than the Lions. Everyone knows this guy will be fired in four years.
Apparently you don't grasp the meaning of novel.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yea I mean, Fields is probably fucked. Everyone except for dumb Bears fans know that. Their one goal was to get someone to make Fields flourish.
Russell Wilson has Pete Carroll as a head coach. He seems fine. Matt Ryan played his best football when Dan Quinn was hired and brought on Kyle Shanahan to run his offense. Justin Herbert’s head coach was a defensive coordinator. All of Brady’s career but two years were under a defensive oriented head coach. Lamar Jackson’s head coach was a special teams coordinator. Peyton Manning primarily played for Tony Dungy and John Fox. Dick Vermeil was a special teams coach and he didn’t mess up Kurt Warner.

I guess the Bears are fucked because it’s obvious similar scenarios have never worked in the past.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Russell Wilson has Pete Carroll as a head coach. He seems fine. Matt Ryan played his best football when Dan Quinn was hired and brought on Kyle Shanahan to run his offense. Justin Herbert’s head coach was a defensive coordinator. All of Brady’s career but two years were under a defensive oriented head coach. Lamar Jackson’s head coach was a special teams coordinator. Peyton Manning primarily played for Tony Dungy and John Fox. Dick Vermeil was a special teams coach and he didn’t mess up Kurt Warner.

I guess the Bears are fucked because it’s obvious similar scenarios have never worked in the past.
No I get it. You can bring up all the examples, but you just know this isn’t going to work right? Another Kansas City guy when you know the magic there is all AndyReid and the Indy defensive coordinator? You must know this isn’t the guy that finally brings Chicago consistent success and they’ll probably ruin another quarterback

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
There's nothing about this FLU guy that screams HC. This is a perfect example of an unqualified person being hired over more qualified ppl i.e. Caldwell, Pederson, Harbaugh, Hamilton. It looks like the Jags will hire the guy who's had a top 5 offense the last 3yrs.
I read where Caldwell came in with a plan for Fields. What plan does this FLU guy have for anything? 0
Yeah, I'm gonna get flack for these statements, cuz I'm expected to just go along.

Already?

You would think the guy would have to lose at least one game first before being trashed, but, hey, this is Chicago.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
What has Det. done since Caldwell left ???

Curtis Painter "serviceable" career.​

View attachment 17228
Again......Did u expect Caldwell to put his hand on Painter's head and turn him into Patrick Mahomes???
How have you fallen so far you’re actually aggressively calling for a failed Detroit HC? Standards, people!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
No I get it. You can bring up all the examples, but you just know this isn’t going to work right? Another Kansas City guy when you know the magic there is all AndyReid and the Indy defensive coordinator? You must know this isn’t the guy that finally brings Chicago consistent success and they’ll probably ruin another quarterback
I like to keep an open mind. Maybe it works or maybe it doesn’t but but I’m going to let it play out.

By the way, Veach was the guy that brought Mahomes to the table for Dorsey and Reid. Reid would not be quite so magical without Mahomes.

Oh, I almost forgot Big Ben. Tomlin never seemed to impede him.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because it makes zero sense but what it does do is protect the Bears owner.

1 of 2 things are true.

1. Bears owner did what he said he was going to do and picked his GM and HC.

2. Our new gm from KC was completely in love with Eberflus, he didn’t even want to talk to other candidates. So much so that he reached out via back channels and told the bears before even meeting them to setup a 2nd interview with this guy. In which case if this guy flops he needs to be fired right along with him.
From the Colts message board ?

View attachment 17221
This is about fans not liking the cover 2 without much of a pass rush. That critical component won't be missing here. Expect EJ's play to be re-elevated. They played more man at the end of the year because of that but in this league, pressure is key. What the fans don't like is on Ballard and not Flus. His D had a down year because of it but they were still 8th in overall DVOA. It was too much bend don't break but it had to do with lack of rushers and he's been near the top in turnovers the last 2 years. It will be interesting to see who takes over the D and what scheme they'll play.

I don't mind a C2 but I'd like it more hybrid than what Lovie or Flus ran. More like when Rivera was calling it.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Already?

You would think the guy would have to lose at least one game first before being trashed, but, hey, this is Chicago.
It's called the Trubisky treatment.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yeah

I mean its not like Josh Allen flourished with a defensive head coach. Or Herbert. Or Mac Jones. Or Lamar Jackson. Clearly these guys need an offensive head coach

discplayer

Liked Posts:
so you think he came in and said i had no idea on fields and they just gave him the job?

i'm not a fan of this hire as i thought they would go the offensive HC route but there are plenty of HC that have had success as non offensive minded HC's so i'm willing to wait and see how he builds out his staff which will be critical in developing fields.

but go ahead and let the dick ripping commence
But the point that has been stated a plenty, and is oh so glaring here, is that whichever OC gets hired and has success with Fields and the O, see ya'. He'll be hired away, if not year 1 then certainly year 2.

Why can't people see and admit this IS a problem with hiring a DC as HC. If what is desired happens (a successful offense and QB) we will lose that OC.

This is NOT rocket science, All. I just don't understand why the Bears weren't more assertive in pursuing Daboll, Leftwich or even Hackett to help save the offense. We drafted a QB with enormous potential only to fall short in giving him what he needs... Dumb!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sounds like it didn't matter who they chose and you're just a masochist.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
But the point that has been stated a plenty, and is oh so glaring here, is that whichever OC gets hired and has success with Fields and the O, see ya'. He'll be hired away, if not year 1 then certainly year 2.

Why can't people see and admit this IS a problem with hiring a DC as HC. If what is desired happens (a successful offense and QB) we will lose that OC.

This is NOT rocket science, All. I just don't understand why the Bears weren't more assertive in pursuing Daboll, Leftwich or even Hackett to help save the offense. We drafted a QB with enormous potential only to fall short in giving him what he needs... Dumb!
Not all successful OCs want to be a HC right away. And not all teams see successful OCs as being HC material right away.

You are literally complaining about something that may possibly happen, IF THE BEARS OFFENSE IS GOOD UNDER OUR NEW DEFENSIVE MINDED HC…