This is the type of leadership Leftwich could bring as a HC

discplayer

Liked Posts:
:) well the video was more than "cussing out his teammates". The video shows Leftwich's respected character, toughness, leadership and team commitment to winning. We could have used some of this in 2021. A lotta guys
"check out" in 2021. There was no leadership. No Bear pride. No one seemed to be pissed about losing. Guys were just picking up check$.
I don’t think Montgomery was too thrilled, or held his feelings back. That dude balked at all times!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
:) well the video was more than "cussing out his teammates". The video shows Leftwich's respected character, toughness, leadership and team commitment to winning. We could have used some of this in 2021. A lotta guys
"check out" in 2021. There was no leadership. No Bear pride. No one seemed to be pissed about losing. Guys were just picking up check$.

What is the common denominator on coaches, players, executives that you seem to have?

And no....success is not one of them.

I witnessed Mike Ditka bring a sense of pride, toughness, leadership and winning to the Bears. Thats the "common denominator" I want restored to the Bears.

Now if u have some alternative, diversionary, red herring tactical motive that's void of the topic & discussion
at hand....miss me with it. ? ?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I witnessed Mike Ditka bring a sense of pride, toughness, leadership and winning to the Bears. Thats the "common denominator" I want restored to the Bears.

Now if u have some alternative, diversionary, red herring tactical motive that's void of the topic & discussion
He pointing out that you are a racist. Like The Hawk level racist.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don’t think Montgomery was too thrilled, or held his feelings back. That dude balked at all times!

Montgomery ( who was under-utilized during his 3 yrs) was one of the bright spots. We need his attitude in the HC and F.O. .....IMO. If ya get a chance, check out the video, it's pretty inspiring

Last edited:

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Bear pride, LOL. Toughness, LOL. Strong is the meatball in you.

Personally, I prefer a HC that has a different trait: magnificent football brane.

Allow me to illustrate ->

Lovie Smith: we get off the bus running (even when Ced-Ben had a 3.2/ypg average) and we collect and analyze film in 4-game "quarters (meaning they would scheme the O and D for 4-game increments and stick with it) and would only consider changes after playing and competing in 4 games.

Bill Belichick: each week we analyze our opponent and devise schemes to take advantage of their perceived weaknesses/injuries. And then constantly reassess and adapt throughout the game.

BB has shit character, is a whiny pussy, and has all the leadership skills of a lobster boat captain. But also he Einstein-level genius at football.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets

The Ditka method is only good for a couple of years. After that the players tune out as Ditka becomes a total hypocrite as he focused on his drinking and advertisements

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
run and shoot said:
well the video was more than "cussing out his teammates". The video shows Leftwich's respected character, toughness, leadership and team commitment to winning. We could have used some of this in 2021. A lotta guys
Bear pride, LOL. Toughness, LOL. Strong is the meatball in you.

Personally, I prefer a HC that has a different trait: magnificent football brane.

Allow me to illustrate ->

Lovie Smith: we get off the bus running (even when Ced-Ben had a 3.2/ypg average) and we collect and analyze film in 4-game "quarters (meaning they would scheme the O and D for 4-game increments and stick with it) and would only consider changes after playing and competing in 4 games.

Bill Belichick: each week we analyze our opponent and devise schemes to take advantage of their perceived weaknesses/injuries. And then constantly reassess and adapt throughout the game.

BB has shit character, is a whiny pussy, and has all the leadership skills of a lobster boat captain. But also he Einstein-level genius at football.

You cherry picked to promote negative narrative. My full statement was "respected character, toughness, leadership and team commitment to winning." Smith got us to a SB. I just wanna see us get back there.
But this isn't about Smith or Belichick. Check out the video.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

The Ditka method is only good for a couple of years. After that the players tune out as Ditka becomes a total hypocrite as he focused on his drinking and advertisements

Well obviously we don't want the negative flaws. Point is he had the right formula at a time when we needed it. Yes he got
caught up in the glitz later on. Of course we wouldn't want those negative qualities from a HC, Check out the video.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Well obviously we don't want the negative flaws. Point is he had the right formula at a time when we needed it. Yes he got
caught up in the glitz later on. Of course we wouldn't want those negative qualities from a HC, Check out the video.

I watched that game live. It was an amazing moment. In no way does it qualify him for bein a head coach.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I watched that game live. It was an amazing moment. In no way does it qualify him for bein a head coach.

Not saying it does. I'm saying it's one of the things on his resume that shows pride, toughness, leadership and the will to win. Check out the video.

Side note: What qualified these guys to become HC's ? >>>>>#28

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be against lefty he has done some solid work
And as a player he was a bigtime leader on the college level ik that from watching them in the pros idk I didn't keep up with him

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Side note: What qualified these guys to become HC's ? >>>>>#28
Could you elaborate on your point? I mean it seems like you’re saying these guys weren’t qualified and they were failures so let’s hire another guy who isn’t qualified and hope for a different outcome.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
If he brings Brady with him, then okay but only for as long as Brady stays. Otherwise, not impressed with someone who does well when surrounded by a cast of superstars and GOATS.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'm in Tampa, he was good coordinator before Brady got here.
I'm glad to see a local guy, because I imagine you get to see all the Bucs games.

My perception of the 2019 season with Winston, was that if they had played a more conservative game plan, they would have won more game and possibly made the play offs?

Watching a 5,000 yard throwing season must have been exciting, but seeing that all go for nothing must have been frustrating.

How many of those games were lost due to Turnovers? Was the defense to blame or were they put into a bad spot by the interceptions.

The Bears have never had a QB with 4,000 yard let alone 5,109!!

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Standing up on a bench and screaming at your team mates doesn't do a whole lot of convincing for me.

There is a lot more to it than that - His lack of coaching experience makes him not a top choice for me -

He has more than Kellen Moore - but not very much
It wasn’t about his screaming. It was about his Will to Win, commitment to his team and how he is a leader of men — his teammates would have run through a brick wall for him.

The guy has had tremendous success as an OC. We can split hairs and try to credit him or discredit him for it… but it cannot be denied that he is an extremely successful OC. And without any “can’t miss” coaching candidates out there, he would be a Tier 1 guy for me (along with a few others) and I would not be upset if he gets the job.