This is what I would offer Houston for Watson

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The last time they sold the farm to get a QB i don't remember him having any say in anything. Don't remember Jay having a say in Martz, Tice or Pace for that matter. No player is going to tell George who to hire.
Jay didn't care.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
What happens when pace and nagy get fired next year and sweaty balls goes all white again with his new GM and HC. Watson not gonna be happy again.

Watson wouldn't accept at trade here unless Pace and Nagy got extended first . Watsons people wouldn't even allow the talks to seriously start unless that was addressed .

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Watson wouldn't accept at trade here unless Pace and Nagy got extended first . Watsons people wouldn't even allow the talks to seriously start unless that was addressed .
That's not the point. Pace has to go all in and try. If you can't see this or why this needs to be done, I can't help you then

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
That's not the point. Pace has to go all in and try. If you can't see this or why this needs to be done, I can't help you then

Try what ? If Pace and Nagy asks for permission to talk to Watson and it is granted Watsons people are gonna need that addressed as why would they listen to sale pitches from guys who may not be around by the end of next season wont be around .

Any move of a Ryan or Watson caliber qb will come with a Pace and Nagy extension .

Joker85

Liked Posts:
I can't even express the degree of how much I disagree with this lunacy. And for the next few years all everyone will be saying is "you went out and got a QB, and didn't build around him". Build with what? No draft picks, no money. It really is bad.

And it's not like Watson can carry a team, see Bears 36 Texans 7. Even Jacksonville with no QB or talent put up much more offense against the Bears than the Texans.

Be careful what you wish for.

Exactly. If you gut your team for the next 5 years, it needs to be for a QB capable of turning what should be a 4-5 win squad into a 9-10 win one. Is there a single QB like that even in the league atm? If Mahomes were on the NagyPace collaboration traveling circus I don't think even he would be able to. But I'll nod to his greatness give it to him that maybe him, and maybe 12 up there are the only two people capable of doing it.

The worst part is that we have actual proof when it comes to Watson that he's incapable of it. His own team is itself a 5 win squad and all the usual excuses are being offered. "FO braintrust are midwits" "No O-line" "No skill position help" "Middling Defense". Sound familiar? If he can't overcome those things in Houston, what makes anyone think he can overcome them here, where he'll be coming into an even bigger hole given what we'd have to give up to acquire him?

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Exactly. If you gut your team for the next 5 years, it needs to be for a QB capable of turning what should be a 4-5 win squad into a 9-10 win one. Is there a single QB like that even in the league atm? If Mahomes were on the NagyPace collaboration traveling circus I don't think even he would be able to. But I'll nod to his greatness give it to him that maybe him, and maybe 12 up there are the only two people capable of doing it.

The worst part is that we have actual proof when it comes to Watson that he's incapable of it. His own team is itself a 5 win squad and all the usual excuses are being offered. "FO braintrust are midwits" "No O-line" "No skill position help" "Middling Defense". Sound familiar? If he can't overcome those things in Houston, what makes anyone think he can overcome them here, where he'll be coming into an even bigger hole given what we'd have to give up to acquire him?

We dont have proof of anything except for the high level of meatballness of some bears fans .

The fact is that he Texans with one of the worst defense in the league lost 8 one score games ?

That you somehow have turned the Texans defense into a middling defense pretty much self cancels your entire point because we all know thats a lie . If they had a middling defense they actually make the playoffs because they win more of those one score games .

Amazing how we become the Texans if we trade for Watson for no other reason than that it suits some of these misguided claims

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
The fun thing about this is I wouldn't doubt if Watson was actively trying to screw the Texans over in his departure by vetoing some of the best trade offers they've received. If I was one of his top few destinations, I wouldn't be offering too much because it's pretty clear he's mentally checked out of Houston. So you could have a situation where they have gotten insane offers, but in the end, the offer they end up taking is a whole lot less than what you would have expected. His top few destinations are in a good position to not over-bet the farm, while still getting his services.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Link.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We dont have proof of anything except for the high level of meatballness of some bears fans .

The fact is that he Texans with one of the worst defense in the league lost 8 one score games ?

That you somehow have turned the Texans defense into a middling defense pretty much self cancels your entire point because we all know thats a lie . If they had a middling defense they actually make the playoffs because they win more of those one score games .

Amazing how we become the Texans if we trade for Watson for no other reason than that it suits some of these misguided claims

The Bears are 13-3 this past with Trubisky/Foles if they win the one score games they lost. So in that case I guess it's the QB fault right?

You can twist things all you want.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The Bears are 13-3 this past with Trubisky/Foles if they win the one score games they lost. So in that case I guess it's the QB fault right?

Can we get the whole season re-adjusted based on teams winning or losing their 1 point games even though we can’t actually prove they would have won those games anyway?

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

No its not the same thing and not twisting its amazing how some of you cant even do call out posts right with these dumb ass responses .

The Texans one point losses came with some of the best qb play in the league while the Bears qb play.... ? wait are you saying that the bears had some of the best qb play in the league during those losses ? Yeah you think about how stupid that claim is and you comes back after you figure out a way to twist that claim into something that not ridiculous ...if you can

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we get the whole season re-adjusted based on teams winning or losing their 1 point games even though we can’t actually prove they would have won those games anyway?

Exactly. A loss is a loss. The Chiefs didn't win by a TD in 12 out of their last 13 games and didn't cover in 12 out of 13. They won thats all that matters.

Chiefs 14-2
Bears. 8-8
Texans 4-12

It is what it is.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Exactly. A loss is a loss. The Chiefs didn't win by a TD in 12 out of their last 13 games and didn't cover in 12 out of 13. They won thats all that matters.

Chiefs 14-2
Bears. 8-8
Texans 4-8

It is what it is.
I agree 100%. Never understood the speculation that occurs after the season is over and done.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

Dont need a link for common sense unless you think Phillips is gonna be the one selling Watson on coming ? Why else would Watson agree to join a team based on the pitch of two guy's who cant even guarantee they will be around that team 12 months from now . Watson agreeing to become a Bear means he would have to buy the vision Pace and Nagy sells him and Im sure that vision is gonna have to be longer than 12 months .

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No its not the same thing and not twisting its amazing how some of you cant even do call out posts right with these dumb ass responses .

The Texans one point losses came with some of the best qb play in the league while the Bears qb play.... ? wait are you saying that the bears had some of the best qb play in the league during those losses ? Yeah you think about how stupid that claim is and you comes back after you figure out a way to twist that claim into something that not ridiculous ...if you can
Nothing is going to change the fact that the Texans went 4-12 last year. No matter what you speculate. You can’t change what happened nor can you prove..if x happened, z would of happened.
If the Bears would have drafted Aaron Rodgers we would have been in the super bowl 12 out of the last 15 years....amirite

Last edited:

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Dont need a link for common sense unless you think Phillips is gonna be the one selling Watson on coming ? Why else would Watson agree to join a team based on the pitch of two guy's who cant even guarantee they will be around that team 12 months from now . Watson agreeing to become a Bear means he would have to buy the vision Pace and Nagy sells him and Im sure that vision is gonna have to be longer than 12 months .
Phillips has nothing to do with getting Watson to Chicago.

Pace: if we lose 12 games Me and Nagy won’t be here.

Watson: Sounds good to me,

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
My analysis was spot off.

"I don't know what Watson's leverage is," the first executive said. "Yeah, he can choose who they can't trade him to, but what is he going to do if they don't trade him? Sit out?"

"I've seen several contracts through the years with a no-trade clause," said one veteran agent with experience representing starting quarterbacks. "I've yet to see a must-trade clause in one."

Right now, the answer coming out of Houston is a "no" to trading Watson, and the first executive doesn't expect that to change. Caserio and head coach David Culley will do their best to try to make peace with Watson.

"If you are the new GM or head coach, you are going to do everything you can to change it, to smooth things over," the executive said.

Only Watson knows what lengths he will go to get out of Houston. It's only February, and with reports that he hasn't been taking calls from McNair (most recently from Albert Breer of SI.com), this has all of the signs of becoming a months-long, drawn-out drama.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Nothing is going Tom hangs the fact that the Texans went 4-12 last year. No matter what you speculate. You can’t change what happened nor can you prove..if x happened, z would of happened.
If the Bears would have drafted Aaron Rodgers we would have been in the super bowl 12 out of the last 15 years....amirite

I didnt speculate on a damn thing I think I Cleary said the Texans loss 8 games buy one score .

Please show me how I speculated the damn facts ? If you went to busy helping someone rub one out with these ridiculous replies ..

Literally wtf are you talking about ? At no point did I speculate about the texans wins or losses being anything but wins or lossses but stated that their losses were not because of poor qb play while the Bears qb play were primarily because of the lack of good qb play as evidenced by your hundreds of posts claiming we need a qb as well the thousands of posts about the same damn thing posted all over the bears board

But again who needs facts amirite ....