This team is missing....

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
A feature back. Cohen is a star, but he is not a bell cow back.

Howard is nothing special. This is not an overreaction to this game and his fumble, that is just the simple fact of the matter. He lacks explosive play making ability. He can’t make people miss. His strength comes with running through the first tackler and hopefully staying on his feet.

At best Howard is a guy that breaks one off for a 15-20 yard run. The issue here is that there is little reason to feed him the ball. The bears have play makers in Allen Robinson, Tarik Cohen, Taylor Gabriel, and ant Miller.

The bears need to find a way to get a real run game going, and they need to stop relying so heavily on the gimmicky end around with Gabriel or the triple option shovel pass to burton.

The bears need to find a way to establish some type of run game. They need to find a way to get Howard going, or he needs to be replaced by a true #1 RB.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I think Howard will be used as the we get into winter. Honestly though I’d love to see him traded if we could get a really good offer. Could use the draft pick.

Oolongmonk

Liked Posts:

Howard is nothing special. This is not an overreaction to this game and his fumble, that is just the simple fact of the matter. He lacks explosive play making ability. He can’t make people miss. His strength comes with running through the first tackler and hopefully staying on his feet.

At best Howard is a guy that breaks one off for a 15-20 yard run. The issue here is that there is little reason to feed him the ball. The bears have play makers in Allen Robinson, Tarik Cohen, Taylor Gabriel, and ant Miller.

The bears need to find a way to get a real run game going, and they need to stop relying so heavily on the gimmicky end around with Gabriel or the triple option shovel pass to burton.

The bears need to find a way to establish some type of run game. They need to find a way to get Howard going, or he needs to be replaced by a true #1 RB.

Howard is a very average back at best. We've only build him up because we would had the ball off to him 30+ times a game(old school Bears BS football) the past few seasons and pad his stats

Chad_Thomas89

BANNED
Liked Posts:
You guys need to realize this offense isn't gonna be feature back offense. Heavy passing to set up some runs is what the theme is, win or lose.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
You guys need to realize this offense isn't gonna be feature back offense. Heavy passing to set up some runs is what the theme is, win or lose.

Chiefs seem to get Kareem hunt going when they need to. Patriots use James white like Cohen but they always have another back like Blount or now Michel.

Saints seem to get it done with Ingram and Kamara.

Howard is the issue. Not the scheme.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL at calling Howard average. You don't know dick about runningbacks if you're calling him average. There are several magnitudes worse than Jordan Howard before you get to NFL average at the RB position.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Nagy hasn't done a good job of incorporating Howard into the scheme. I hope that the playbook eventually gets worked up enough to add a bunch more pass looks that are actually slasher run looks.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
LOL at calling Howard average. You don't know dick about runningbacks if you're calling him average. There are several magnitudes worse than Jordan Howard before you get to NFL average at the RB position.

Howard is really the definition of average. Go down the list and name me 10 RB1 that are worse than Howard.

Edit: hell, gore and drake made Howard seem average today.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
It would be if we had Saquon Barkley. But, yeah, I agree. Our strength is the passing game... Which is weird to say

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's better to have multiple good backs then one great one these days.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Howard is really the definition of average. Go down the list and name me 10 RB1 that are worse worse than Howard.

Edit: hell, gore and drake made Howard seem average today.
I would take the following backs before Howard:

1) Gurley
2) Kamara
3) Barkley
4) S. Michel
5) Freeman
6) Hunt
7) Ingram
8) Gordon
9) Bell
10) Mixon
11) D. Johnson

Before Howard. You could also include Elliot, McCaffery, Coleman, and cohen if you'd like. But I was removing gadgety type guys, and headaches.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
OP is stupid. In order to have a feature back, you must feature a back and give him the carries. Any back will tell you they get stronger as the game goes on and the defense is worn down. Really hating on Howard here for averaging 4.9 yards per carry? STFU. Yeah, he had a bad turnover as did Cohen and Stupid Mitch. He has all the capabilities of a feature back if you want to feature him.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Mitch's 28 yard run was our longest all year.

Howard can run the ball well, but does not have the speed to break away, and does not hit the hole fast enough in short yardage to be reliable. His YPC last year and this year so far are not nearly good enough. Add in that he is not sure handed, and you have a 4th round draft pick. Not the best RB in football as many still believe.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
OP is stupid. In order to have a feature back, you must feature a back and give him the carries. Any back will tell you they get stronger as the game goes on and the defense is worn down. Really hating on Howard here for averaging 4.9 yards per carry? STFU. Yeah, he had a bad turnover as did Cohen and Stupid Mitch. He has all the capabilities of a feature back if you want to feature him.

Except quickness to the hole, speed, ability to catch or hold onto a ball....

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

You are so mad. I suggest you wipe the tears from your eyes and gather yourself before coming back to respond in this thread. If that doesn’t work you may consider some type of cream for your anus.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I would take the following backs before Howard:

1) Gurley
2) Kamara
3) Barkley
4) S. Michel
5) Freeman
6) Hunt
7) Ingram
8) Gordon
9) Bell
10) Mixon
11) D. Johnson

Before Howard. You could also include Elliot, McCaffery, Coleman, and cohen if you'd like. But I was removing gadgety type guys, and headaches.

I’m talking about looking at teams and thinking which RB’s you WOULDN’T want instead of Howard.

I’m having a hard time coming up with a list myself. There’s a lot of guys you left off the your list including fournette, Dalvin Cook, Jerick McKinnon.... the point is it is harder to find guys I wouldn’t rather have than guys I would.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except quickness to the hole, speed, ability to catch or hold onto a ball....
You obviously know nothing. His hands have been fine this year and he uses power more than quickness. Watch a game or 2 before commenting.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are so mad. I suggest you wipe the tears from your eyes and gather yourself before coming back to respond in this thread. If that doesn’t work you may consider some type of cream for your anus.
I suggest you stop posting like a 2 year old.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I’m talking about looking at teams and thinking which RB’s you WOULDN’T want instead of Howard.

I’m having a hard time coming up with a list myself. There’s a lot of guys you left off the your list including fournette, Dalvin Cook, Jerick McKinnon.... the point is it is harder to find guys I wouldn’t rather have than guys I would.
I agree. I think you could name a lot of rbs that are better or arguably wouldn't create a hole. Hell, Howard may be the worst RB1 in the division.