This was inevitable

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is a failure on his own right, but Nagy and Pace only made things worse.

Pace failed, Nagy has failed, and Trubisky has failed, it would not surprise me if all three are gone at the end of the year.....

Hello my name is Captain Obvious

Reactions: Myk

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
It takes only 6 years to build a shit team. Ok great

umm it’s the best defense in football.

it has one bad position group and it was disguised by Mitch and his mobility. If you fix the O line this offseason you can be in the playoff hunt next year. You need to invest big time there though.

cut the tackles. Sign Ifedi, keep drafting o linemen.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is a failure on his own right, but Nagy and Pace only made things worse.

Pace failed, Nagy has failed, and Trubisky has failed, it would not surprise me if all three are gone at the end of the year.....

Hello my name is Captain Obvious

failure. Winning record. Solid TD to Int ratio on worst offensive organization in Super Bowl era.

he can only do better elsewhere as far as production and surrounding talent goes.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
umm it’s the best defense in football.

it has one bad position group and it was disguised by Mitch and his mobility. If you fix the O line this offseason you can be in the playoff hunt next year. You need to invest big time there though.

cut the tackles. Sign Ifedi, keep drafting o linemen.
So it takes 7 years to build a good team?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
failure. Winning record. Solid TD to Int ratio on worst offensive organization in Super Bowl era.

he can only do better elsewhere as far as production and surrounding talent goes.
I get it you like Trubisky, but he alone is responsible for the poor throws and bad reads.

Just ask yourself, where is Trubisky compared to the others QBs that were drafted behind him?

My opinion is he is too far behind to try and blame it on the coach, sorry but the best I see him is a good backup...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
So it takes 7 years to build a good team?

no it takes a decade in the NFL. The Steelers were Rebuilt by Bill Cowher over a decade. They stick with him because they were competeing and building from a plan.

name one that went from bottom 5 to top 5 in 5 years? Most of them were in the middle before they saw the top. Green Bay’s been winning our division for over 2 decades.

Patriots were winners for 2 decades.

KC built a team in before they won a Super Bowl but the build started 2012.
I get it you like Trubisky, but he alone is responsible for the poor throws and bad reads.

Just ask yourself, where is Trubisky compared to the others QBs that were drafted behind him?

My opinion is he is too far behind to try and blame it on the coach, sorry but the best I see him is a good backup...

Watson is on a better offense with decent defense. With a worse record. And has had 5 extra games. That’s where he’s at.

he’s in Hopkins got me paid land.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

that’s cool but you weren’t right all season... I was... about literally everytHing. I said all this was going to happen almost word for word.

so your opinion means little. No offense.

if you had a record of being right I’d give it merit. But most of you have not been right and will jump on anyone you can because you really don’t know how to do anything from an analytical standpoint.

Fire pace! Fire Nagy! Bench Mitch! Kmet sucks! The line is just fine! Some of you were fine repeating all this shit. It’s really easy to fire everyone. But now it just looks like you were spitballing blame.

you need a fucking offensive line.

Nagy calls plays like he has a good o line.

Pace didn’t have the capital to draft starting talent at o line. Fucked up on Tunsil for sure.

Mitch played like a nervous wreck for good reason. Worst offensive line and really stubborn playcaller.

Do your DD and understand this. “If” the o line gets fixed. The Bears are a winning team again overnight. Possible playoff contenders.

Huge if. Might be an understatement

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Trubisky is on the Bears, the QBs taken behind him aren't.
Give him some protection. Give him WRs who try for the ball and know how to run the right route.
Is he great? Probably not. But he's surely much better than we've seen. In the least he's an expendable QB who does RB moves until he's injured.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
I am not okay with hoping we can fix the offensive line so that Mitch can be a serviceable mid-level quarterback at best. Bears fans deserve better. To win a Super Bowls in today's NFL you need a dynamic special presence at quarterback....a dude who can flat out win you games on his own if need be. Mitch isn't that guy. He isn't accurate enough and doesn't make the correct reads.

We shouldn't settle for mediocre at QB and treat that as a victory. Colleges are churning out young, dynamic and exciting quarterbacks at a rate never seen before. A good part of the league within the last 3 years alone all have hit on the quarterback position (Tua, Murry, Jackson, Allen, Burrow, Mahomes) with perhaps a generational talent available next year in Lawrence.

It took one year for the Cardinals to move off Rosen and grab Murry. ONE YEAR! That's decisive and bold. Maybe in the long run Kyler doesn't work out but man right now he is exciting and dynamic and fun and has elevated the entire Cardinals organization.

What are the Bears waiting for? It's time to move on from Mitch and begin anew.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I am not okay with hoping we can fix the offensive line so that Mitch can be a serviceable mid-level quarterback at best. Bears fans deserve better. To win a Super Bowls in today's NFL you need a dynamic special presence at quarterback....a dude who can flat out win you games on his own if need be. Mitch isn't that guy. He isn't accurate enough and doesn't make the correct reads.

We shouldn't settle for mediocre at QB and treat that as a victory. Colleges are churning out young, dynamic and exciting quarterbacks at a rate never seen before. A good part of the league within the last 3 years alone all have hit on the quarterback position (Tua, Murry, Jackson, Allen, Burrow, Mahomes) with perhaps a generational talent available next year in Lawrence.

It took one year for the Cardinals to move off Rosen and grab Murry. ONE YEAR! That's decisive and bold. Maybe in the long run Kyler doesn't work out but man right now he is exciting and dynamic and fun and has elevated the entire Cardinals organization.

What are the Bears waiting for? It's time to move on from Mitch and begin anew.

Bears are waiting for a draft pick.
But if you bring that QB into this shit show you'll be making another Mitch. That QB that makes the oline look better is Mitch. The QB that raises the whole offense doesn't exist. It's a team game.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Nagy was hired because he was supposed to be an offensive guru. The GM then concentrates on building a top tier defense through the draft and trades. Just one more example of complete Bears dysfunction.

This right here is the biggest line of horseshit ever spewed on CCS. Some idiot poster gave Nagy that name and somehow people ran with it. Nagy has never in his life been an offensive or QB guru and it's ridiculous to claim he has been.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
I'm not really sure what to think about Pace. He definitely hits strikes in late rounds and sucks more than be good in the first ones. Due this circumstance I like the Mack trade.
Other point with kwiatowski (?) and Floyd - how many were pissed of them all time? Kwiatowski looked more to a one year wonder and nobody knew how he's playing today. I don't blame Pace for this.

I blame Pace more that he believe in Nagy as offensive Guru and hired a lazy Quinn before fixing Oline.
And I definitely trust Pace to learn his lessons from this season as Nagy would do, also when he would have best players on each position on offensive side.
In my job it's allowed to a failure once. A second one should not happen. I would give Pace nicely give another shot, when he does:
- fire Nagy
- improve Oline

More is not possible to ask for next season.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
"One of the main reasons why Bears general manager Ryan Pace hired Nagy was because he believed the former quarterbacks’ coach would be the best available talent to oversee the development of quarterback Mitchell Trubisky.

Through 28 games with the Bears head coach, there have been more negative performances rather than quality performances from the Bears quarterbacks. Nagy has had three quarterbacks start for him during his tenure as head coach, and all three quarterbacks have had games in which the offense failed to move the ball consistently. "

Matt Nagy Might Not Be The Quarterbacks Guru He Was ...

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
that’s cool but you weren’t right all season... I was... about literally everytHing. I said all this was going to happen almost word for word.

so your opinion means little. No offense.

if you had a record of being right I’d give it merit. But most of you have not been right and will jump on anyone you can because you really don’t know how to do anything from an analytical standpoint.

Fire pace! Fire Nagy! Bench Mitch! Kmet sucks! The line is just fine! Some of you were fine repeating all this shit. It’s really easy to fire everyone. But now it just looks like you were spitballing blame.

you need a fucking offensive line.

Nagy calls plays like he has a good o line.

Pace didn’t have the capital to draft starting talent at o line. Fucked up on Tunsil for sure.

Mitch played like a nervous wreck for good reason. Worst offensive line and really stubborn playcaller.

Do your DD and understand this. “If” the o line gets fixed. The Bears are a winning team again overnight. Possible playoff contenders.

Huge if. Might be an understatement
You got me confused with someone else, because at the beginning of the season and still now, I'm not sure Pace should be fired. He is not perfect, but we have had much less talent under other GMs

I thought Nagy was going to do something with this team, because the first three games the O-line looked like it was fixed and it looked like Foles was going to be much better than Mitch. But his use of the wrong players and c

Mitch was looking the same as last year, so yes I wanted him benched and if we had an oline he would still not play like a #2 pick should.
But if you bring that QB into this shit show you'll be making another Mitch. That QB that makes the oline look better is Mitch. The QB that raises the whole offense doesn't exist. It's a team game.
I do understand your point about how today we have no good options on the Bears at QB and that Trubisky might be the best suited to this O-line.

I think you are missing my point, in that I'm tired of making QB excuses...

I want a QB that makes me say, that his talent is going to waste on this team, and they need to put pieces around him.

If your stance is that Trubisky's talents are going to waste on this team, then I respectfully say, I do not feel the same way.

If Trubisky had the perfect o-line and great receivers, I think he would still be holding the team back. Just my 2 cents...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

Mahommes went to a team with 2 pro bowl tackles and a stacked WR position group and the best TE in football.

Mitch came into ALLEN Robinson coming off a torn ACL and the worst offensive organization ever.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:

if only he had been in a worse draft class we could hold him to a lower standard.

Bad luck being in the Mahomes class instead of Rosen‘s.

Last edited:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I know this isn’t a place to appeal to people for understanding but I’ll try.

this situation was inevitable. Yes the failure on one side of the ball was absolutely guaranteed for Ryan Pace, Matt Nagy and the Chicago Bears, I am in no way absolving blame. They are responsible for personnel and development of it. However unless Pace hit a homer in at every level of the draft every year something going to get exposed.

“He never drafted O line”.

Had he we might be saying . “Opposing QBs have all day! Where’s the pass rush!?” Because Mack isn’t here!

Or

“this secondary makes me wanna rip my eyes out”

Or

“these WRs can’t stretch the field”

Or

“teams just run over us all day”

no matter where you look given the stock of players Pace came in with one of these scenarios was inevitable. Not only were we the last destination on earth teams wanted to come to but we were historically bad at drafting for over a decade before Paces arrival.

Head of Football operations actually put all these men in a 10% chance of successfully turning this team into a true contender. He is the biggest failure of all. He let Angelo ruin this organization for a decade after he missed for 5 straight seasons on draft picks.

The reality is, this was all a pipe dream anyways. And we got sold... again...

How'd ya get 10%?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
How'd ya get 10%?

well... your bottom of the league. You’ve got 3 starters that panned out during the Emery Era. Fuller, Long, and a Punter.

10% is generous. Especially considering every other team in the NFL probably had 20 players on their team that they drafted that played well enough to keep a job. We have 20 players we drafted that can start on Sundays so that we drafted. That doesn’t mean they are All good though Just good enough to play on Sunday. Not difference makers just guys.

Football isn’t Basketball. You can’t just move 2 guys to one team and become a championship team. You need about 3 elite guys on defense and 3 elite guys on offense.

we have 5 elite guys on defense and 1 on offense. Robinson being elite anywhere but here.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
If you have an elite guy at QB you can be competitive regardless. See Green Bay for most of the time Rodgers has been there, regular playoffs most often with a shit defence and not an exceptional line. The level of importance of that position is like a 10 then the next most important is a 4 or 5.

Rodgers and Brady have made so many receivers look good, they go somewhere else and straight back to being just a guy. We have failed to draft or pick up in free agency the right QB for decades - it’s really just down to getting it wrong. Mahomes’ talent doesn’t disappear if he came to us.

Cutler was at least very talented - he didn’t work out but for different reasons and I think it was worth the shot by Angelo based on his pure ability. The shit we have had at QB either side of him is embarrassing, none of them even close to good enough. It’s not anything else, they just aren’t fucking good enough.

I’m not buying this revisionist bollocks I’m seeing now about how Trubisky would be amazing if he was under a better coach - haven’t you been watching him play for the last few years? He’s just another average QB with a level of mobility that helps him mask his other inadequacies, bracket with Jake Locker, Christian Ponder.

Bears need to aggressively pursue the right QB in the draft - the next two drafts even. Try one higher up and one flyer in the middle rounds even. Until we get that position right nothing will ever change, won’t win a Super Bowl. Might make the playoffs now and again but at some point the QB will let you down.

Almost every long term successful franchise is based around the franchise QB. It’s really quite simple.

Some people are getting this backwards - if you find an elite guy it’s the QB who makes the coach look good. He makes the line look good. He makes the receivers look good - not the other way round. When (if) he turns up we’ll all know.

Last edited: