Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Its old like Mel's defense. Yesterday not one punt by opposing team. No sacks or TOs. Doesn't make defensive stops when needed. Opposing team scored on every possession. Tear it down. Trade who has value except Johnson, Smith, Nichols, Tonga, and Trevis Gipson. Replace players who are not productive like Jackson, Trevathan.

Man this is going to be a long process.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's ridiculous and statistically false and a terrible take.

They need another stud CB for sure, and their two best players back.

But its not Mel Tucker at all.

Garrapolo beat us in the air. We allowed a 100 yard rusher to a team with total buy in and 11 man desire to run the ball...when they were desperate.

Mel Tucker was giving up 200 rushing yards every week before the team quit.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Garrapolo beat us in the air. We allowed a 100 yard rusher to a team with total buy in and 11 man desire to run the ball...when they were desperate.

Agreed. Completely different.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This isn't Mel Tucker's defense. I think Desai needs to rethink some of his approaches, such as switching out different front 7 at certain times as was done on Sunday. There's no such think as 1a and 1b units. Mississippi State taught us that.

But once Shanahan made his adjustment they were pretty much done at that point.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Look at the last 3 weeks. Statically this defense has been one of the worst defenses in the nfl. The Bears D can’t make stops when they need to, especially the last 3 weeks. They can’t stop the run nor the pass recently. GB, TB, and SF best the bears asses running the ball.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look at the last 3 weeks. Statically this defense has been one of the worst defenses in the nfl. The Bears D can’t make stops when they need to, especially the last 3 weeks. They can’t stop the run nor the pass recently. GB, TB, and SF best the bears asses running the ball.
Doesn't even qualify for a few weeks dude. To drop Mel Tucker you must be one of the worst in history.

Worse yet...all on the ground. Just be ground turkey meat.

You'll know when to invoke his name again, though I hope you never have to and its improbable we would ever see it again on this team in our lifetimes.

Emery didn't get Donald...so, have some compassion but he must hold much of Mel's guilt as well.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

They were 8 in DVOA going into the Niners.

The D played well against HoFer Aaron Rodgers. The D had no chance against the Bucs because the O and special teams gave the got the ball in FG range on 3 straight possessions and next thing you know it was 21-0.

This Niners game is the only game where you can blame the D entirely.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Well 3rd and long = 1st down 90% of the time.. thats melish

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The Bears D played a bad game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my dear sweet lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:

The Bears came into yesterday's game as the 23rd ranked defense against the run before allowing another 170 yards against SF. They have been getting torched all season on the ground.

I haven't compared the numbers, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if this is the worst ranked run defense the Bears have had since Mel Tucker took over as DC, and they're getting worse..

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's definitely not as bad as Tucker's defense but in Tuckers defense, he didn't have as much defensive talent as the great Sean Desai does. If Desai coached that defense, they would be ranked 46th out of 32 teams. Tuckers best player was who? The inconsistent rookie Kyle Fuller? DJ Williams? Bloated and washed Lance Briggs?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears came into yesterday's game as the 23rd ranked defense against the run before allowing another 170 yards against SF. They have been getting torched all season on the ground.

I haven't compared the numbers, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if this is the worst ranked run defense the Bears have had since Mel Tucker took over as DC, and they're getting worse..
Where did Mel Tuckers D rank in sacks?

This team can play, that team was hopeless.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
I mean the 9ers didn’t score on every possession, but other than that, most of this post is garbage.
Not thrilled with the D this game at all, but not Tuckeresque just yet.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's definitely not as bad as Tucker's defense but in Tuckers defense, he didn't have as much defensive talent as the great Sean Desai does. If Desai coached that defense, they would be ranked 46th out of 32 teams. Tuckers best player was who? The inconsistent rookie Kyle Fuller? DJ Williams? Bloated and washed Lance Briggs?

What a dummy. Julius Peppers went to Green Bay and later Carolina and had 3 double digit sack seasons once he left Tucker. He also had 2 double digit sack seasons the 2 years before Tucker took over. Under Tucker he had 7 sacks.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Seems like they fall off in the middle of the 3rd quarter. I think age/conditioning has a lot to do with it.
This- you can see this team has not been conditioned in the offseason - Thanks Nagy, fucking dick.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What a dummy. Julius Peppers went to Green Bay and later Carolina and had 3 double digit sack seasons once he left Tucker. He also had 2 double digit sack seasons before Tucker took over. Under Tucker he had 7 sacks.
I've been trying to ignore responding to you but i cant help it here. You call me the dummy, yet you're talking about a different year. I said Kyle Fullers rookie year, so im referencing 2014, the year the defense was worse. Peppers was on the Packers that year.

Thanks for playing. Another common L for remy. Go ahead and try to spin this and vortex yourself, moron.