Problem solved, somewhat

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Remove Trubisky.
2. Remove Nagy from playcalling.

Problem solved, somewhat

Tough to play the game without a QB or playcaller.

Unless you conveniently left out the solutions of who to replace both of those crucial positions with? You didn't solve any problems, you just created new ones and then walked away from the discussion. Well played, sir.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Tough to play the game without a QB or playcaller.

Unless you conveniently left out the solutions of who to replace both of those crucial positions with? You didn't solve any problems, you just created new ones and then walked away from the discussion. Well played, sir.

I'd take Daniel or Bray at this point. They can't be worse.
And have Ragone call plays.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The fascination this board has with running the ball is incredible to me. I'm starting to believe we're watching 2 different games on Sunday. The offensive line is actually horrendous, and the lead back we have has shown thus far to be incapable of being anything but slow and indecisive.

You guys really want to commit to a 2 ypc gameplan? We'll just lose even worse than we already do.

The alternative is Trubisky dropping back 56 times in a game. That is a nightmare. I guess the question is, which one is the bigger nightmare?

I think the idea is that we'll never get the run game going if we don't run. If we do run, it'll probably never get going, but maybe it will on occasion. Lololol. We're so fucking doomed.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd take Daniel or Bray at this point. They can't be worse.
And have Ragone call plays.

Okay, I'll bite. Why?

Is there any chance that Bray or Daniel will be the answer and win us a Superbowl?

Also, effectively changing multiple variables at one time renders obtaining a definitive cause ineffectual (which is why it is never done in any scientific experiment praxis). If you want change simply for the sake of change, throw everyone's name in a hat and pull out which position they play on the team and see if it works. If not, go back to the hat again. Keep in mind that making this sort of change will require a multiple week/game assessment to determine if it is effective.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I'm happy to see Thomas Jones get into the click bait game. Post what everyone is saying, let positive bias take hold and make some money!!!

yWk8d1ZF.gif

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta see the forest from the trees. You can focus on the this is how the Bears always did it or the actual meat of the argument which is as follows and pretty spot on.

"They NEVER try to establish the run which puts all of the pressure on a young QB who is still learning & trying to figure out who he's going to be in this league," Jones said. "The O line won't get into any rhythm if they don't run block enough & the defense can only hold up for so long."

"Mitch is too young to have all of that pressure on him at once. He's talented but he's not ready yet. You have talented backs & an incredible defense. The O Line just needs to gain confidence run blocking in real-time. They have to establish a running game or things won't change."

"Everyone matures at different times in the NFL. He's not those other guys so comparing him to them isn't going to help them win games right now. Establish a run game & take pressure off of him. Simplify the offense by giving him basic pass plays like we did with Orton in 05."

"It's not a old times sake thing.
It's football. Every winning team establishes some sort of running game. Even if it's running back by committee or a running QB. The more tired a defense is from having to chase & tackle the more mental mistakes they're going to make.

"Which gives you a higher chance to win the game. When you run the ball you can take more chances throwing the ball downfield, running specialty plays such as screens and reverses. The defense can't just lay their ears back because they know they can get gashed at any time."

I am not seeing anything meatballish in the above. What I see is a guy who understands the limitations of a young QB. Nagy by contrast seems to think he has Watson or Mahomes at QB. Those guys have put it together faster than Mitch. So Nagy can call plays pretending Mitch is as advanced as those guys. Or he can live in reality and call plays that is going to help us win with a struggling young QB.

Excellent.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'm happy to see Thomas Jones get into the click bait game. Post what everyone is saying, let positive bias take hold and make some money!!!

yWk8d1ZF.gif
shut up, he's my step-father...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The fascination this board has with running the ball is incredible to me. I'm starting to believe we're watching 2 different games on Sunday. The offensive line is actually horrendous, and the lead back we have has shown thus far to be incapable of being anything but slow and indecisive.

You guys really want to commit to a 2 ypc gameplan? We'll just lose even worse than we already do.

Murray had like 6 carries for 17 yards to start the game. That is basically all of our run game ie 7 carries. The difference is, the Saints kept running and eventually holes opened up. 7 carries is not enough to provide a true reflection of the run game.

It would be one thing if our yards per pass attempt were good but when your yards per pass is like 4 and your run game is averaging like 3 then it is still worth it to run just to take the pressure off a crappy QB.

Pass blocking is by its nature defensive. So you have guys playing defensive for 56 snaps ans then shocked and awed that they struggle being aggressive the 7 times they are asked to do so spread over 4 quarters. Saints defenders running around in the 4th like it is the 1st quarter

Last edited:

DeathByBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

2ypc at least gets us to a 4th and and 4. Oppose to a 4th and 7 which is all we got throwing the ball 60 times on Sunday.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Murray had like 6 carries for 17 yards to start the game. That is basically all of our run game ie 7 carries. The difference is, the Saints kept running and eventually holes opened up. 7 carries is not enough to provide a true reflection of the run game.

It would be one thing if our yards per pass attempt were good but when your yards per pass is like 4 and your run game is averaging like 3 then it is still worth it to run just to take the pressure off a crappy QB.

Pass blocking is by its nature defensive. So you have guys playing defensive for 56 snaps ans then shocked and awed that they struggle being aggressive the 7 times they are asked to do so spread over 4 quarters. Saints defenders running around in the 4th like it is the 1st quarter
I was gonna say all of this. They aren't efficient enough on passing downs to merit throwing it 55 times. In years past i would say just throw it because the run doesnt work but the pass doesnt work either. At the very least you get your defense a little more rest. It doesn't always need to be a first down run either. Throw it on first down. Get 4 yard and run on 2nd. Make it third and manageable for the bum qb.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thankfully Nagy is calling his offense and exposing Mitch for the fraud he is. Running a pee wee league offense would have only prolonged the Mitch experiment a couple years. Thanks to Nagy Bears can turn the page next year.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

The Saints also have personnel that favors running the ball, and a QB capable of keeping defenses honest.

You wanna see the run game get going? Then Trubs needs to start burning some of these stacked boxes over the top. Nagy needs to get creative and move the pocket more. Until those 2 things start happening, the bears will just continue running into brick wall after brick wall.

I'm not sure there's an easier offense to gameplan against than the Bears at this point. The last 3 games the Ds we've faced have beat us by doing the exact same thing..

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
shut up, he's my step-father...

So, shouldn't you want people to like and follow? That way he gets paid.

I'm confused? Do you dislike your step-father???

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds exactly like everything I have said on here the last few days

The best beefback in Bears history is also the most intelligent run schemer in Bears history. Imagine that!

Guy should be in the Bears ring of honor.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The best beefback in Bears history is also the most intelligent run schemer in Bears history. Imagine that!

Guy should be in the Bears ring of honor.
Bears brass didn't even call Mr. Jones for the BEARS100 celebration...they'll regret it.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Bears brass didn't even call Mr. Jones for the BEARS100 celebration...they'll regret it.

No reason to have Brad Pitt's character from Mr & Mrs Jones in attendance:

giphy.gif

Angelina on the other hand...

EDIT/CORRECTION - Just realized it was Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The joke did not land at all. I get no points. Any likes I receive will be entirely out of pity, which I'm fine with.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So, shouldn't you want people to like and follow? That way he gets paid.

I'm confused? Do you dislike your step-father???
i'm just joking, besides people are going to follow TJ moreso now that he's actually is finally active on twatter, he's a movie star now. He's awesome in the Luke cage series.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Okay, I'll bite. Why?

Is there any chance that Bray or Daniel will be the answer and win us a Superbowl?

Also, effectively changing multiple variables at one time renders obtaining a definitive cause ineffectual (which is why it is never done in any scientific experiment praxis). If you want change simply for the sake of change, throw everyone's name in a hat and pull out which position they play on the team and see if it works. If not, go back to the hat again. Keep in mind that making this sort of change will require a multiple week/game assessment to determine if it is effective.
You're too intelligent for these knuckle draggers.