Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If you traded Cohen to a team that actually had a good offensive mind in the building, he'd be a nightmare for defenses to contain.

Or use him like last year running wheels out of the backfield and two way go patterns out of the slot.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No reason to have Brad Pitt's character from Mr & Mrs Jones in attendance:

giphy.gif

Angelina on the other hand...

EDIT/CORRECTION - Just realized it was Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The joke did not land at all. I get no points. Any likes I receive will be entirely out of pity, which I'm fine with.

♪♫ Mee-ee a-annd Mrs., Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Jones ..."

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Saints also have personnel that favors running the ball, and a QB capable of keeping defenses honest.

You wanna see the run game get going? Then Trubs needs to start burning some of these stacked boxes over the top. Nagy needs to get creative and move the pocket more. Until those 2 things start happening, the bears will just continue running into brick wall after brick wall.

I'm not sure there's an easier offense to gameplan against than the Bears at this point. The last 3 games the Ds we've faced have beat us by doing the exact same thing..

Monty has faced stacked boxes only 24% of the time. During the John Fox era, Howard faced 8 men over 40% of the time and still was productive. It typically took these set of OL a while to get going in the run game. The difference is Nagy is bailing before they can. Teams don't need to stack the box when they know Nagy doesn't like to run the ball.

And you are right, it is easy to gameplan against us because all you need to do is defend the pass because Nagy's game plans are stupid as fuck.

Agree on moving the pocket more.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Monty has faced stacked boxes only 24% of the time. During the John Fox era, Howard faced 8 men over 40% of the time and still was productive. It typically took these set of OL a while to get going in the run game. The difference is Nagy is bailing before they can. Teams don't need to stack the box when they know Nagy doesn't like to run the ball.

And you are right, it is easy to gameplan against us because all you need to do is defend the pass because Nagy's game plans are stupid as fuck.

Agree on moving the pocket more.
Fox didn't ever really run the RPO. Trubs/Nagy % are skewed because Trubs is passing during a high % of those RPO plays (I don't have stats to back this up, just eyeballing) which is more often than not the correct call in those scenarios. He's just sucking and not doing anything with it.

Do you know how often the bears have faced stacked boxes in total (run and pass)? Not sure where to find that number. It would paint a clearer picture.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fox didn't ever really run the RPO. Trubs/Nagy % are skewed because Trubs is passing during a high % of those RPO plays (I don't have stats to back this up, just eyeballing) which is more often than not the correct call in those scenarios. He's just sucking and not doing anything with it.

Do you know how often the bears have faced stacked boxes in total (run and pass)? Not sure where to find that number. It would paint a clearer picture.

Not sure where to get the overall numbers from. Anecdotally I have seen several instances where he read the RPO wrong so I have doubts he is making the correct calls.

In any event it is Nagy's job to rein him in if he is checking to passes too often. Trubs is simply not smart enough to put the game in his hands right now.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
No reason to have Brad Pitt's character from Mr & Mrs Jones in attendance:

giphy.gif

Angelina on the other hand...

EDIT/CORRECTION - Just realized it was Mr. and Mrs. Smith. The joke did not land at all. I get no points. Any likes I receive will be entirely out of pity, which I'm fine with.
and may God have mercy on your soul

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Nothing surprising here. Go figure, Thomas Jones, a former running back, wants to play “old school” football by pounding the rock. We clearly need to run more but there is not need to revert all the way back to the 1970’s on O. There are plenty of teams not playing with a fullback in the modern NFL and they are doing well.

As for the rubbish about Trubisky... it’s just more excuse making. No amount of running in the world can cover up for the flaws we see in Mitch’s game - poor vision, poor decision making, inaccurate throws, happy feet, panicking and not going through progressions.

The guy is who he is at this point. He might improve a little but not much. He is definitely not a franchise QB. He is 25 years old and has been in the NFL for 3 years. If he was a stud he would have shown it by now.

We need to heavily scout college QB’s or make a major trade for one. Mitch is not the answer.

Last edited: