Thorpe chat

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Thorpe in his chat today was asked about the rumor of Hinrich and #26 to Minny for #6. He said it was a good deal for both teams. Later he was asked what he thought Bulls would want with the #6. He said probably a SG. Now if Hinrich is traded and we draft SG at #6, does that mean Gordon is gone as well? Losing Hinrich and Gordon would be awful tough to swallow. What SG at #6 would be worth it?

Harden - he is the best of the bunch for me but I think he either goes #3 to OKC or #5 to Wiz
Evans - this is a possibility I suppose but Evans has always struck me as needing the ball in his hands to be effective. So how well does that fit with Rose?
DeRozan - Could be more SF than SG but real high upside
Curry - most look at him as a PG but that shooting ability is special. Do you just pick him regardless?

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
I could see us trading Hinrich, and drafting Stephen Curry to be the 6th man behind Rose and Gordon.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
Thorpe also said in the chat he would take Noah over Oden. He said he thought that in the past, and still believes it now.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
I just can't wrap my head around the Wolves making that deal. If they drafted Harden or DeRozan at 6, Lawson at 18, and a filler big in Pendergraph... it would be better for the team than getting Hinrich and the 26th pick.

I wouldn't be too thrilled with this trade from the Bulls presepctive either. I would rather see Hinrich traded for Kaman or Camby. But if this deal was to go through, DeMar DeRozan would be very hard to pass up at 6. He has the biggest upside out of all the shooting guard prospects, and he really had a good stretch at the end of the college season.

chi_hawks_23

Liked Posts:
ryguy24 wrote:
Thorpe also said in the chat he would take Noah over Oden. He said he thought that in the past, and still believes it now.

Sam Bowie, part 2, lives on.

Bayless,Roy,Durant,Aldridge,Pryz. What could have been.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
I could see us trading Hinrich, and drafting Stephen Curry to be the 6th man behind Rose and Gordon.

Gordon would be by FAR the best perimeter defender of that group. It's hard to imagine them ignoring defense that much in favor offense.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be too thrilled with this trade from the Bulls presepctive either. I would rather see Hinrich traded for Kaman or Camby.

Really?

You'd really have Camby than the #6 pick in the draft? 34 year old, expiring contract, never healthy Marcus Camby? I mean I know this draft class isn't real strong, but still, I can't imagine wanting Camby over the #6 pick.

I would prefer the pick to Kaman as well because I think Kaman is really overrated, also always hurt, and has a monster contract, but I understand preferring Kaman. I don't understand preferring Camby though, Camby's not going to be anything in a year or two. The #6 pick has a chance to be a very good long term player for you.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

Gordon would be by FAR the best perimeter defender of that group. It's hard to imagine them ignoring defense that much in favor offense.
Its also hard to believe our short backcourt just got much shorter. I can't see them passing up on hill or Thabeet.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
True, Marcus Camby was probably a stretch over the 6th pick. But if we're looking at the shooting guard position you will most likely be looking DeRozan as a backup. Sure he's has more value than Camby, but i'll take Kaman over DeRozan for this Bulls team.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I wonder if Thabeet or Hill would be there at #6. I'm pretty so-so on Thabeet. I'd be excited to take Hill though.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
If i'm the Grizzlies, I would draft Rubio and sign and trade him to the Kings for Hill and assets. I could see a senerio where Hill falls (still unlikely), but I doubt Thabeet would fall pass the Wizards.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
JimmyBulls wrote:
If i'm the Grizzlies, I would draft Rubio and sign and trade him to the Kings for Hill and assets. I could see a senerio where Hill falls (still unlikely), but I doubt Thabeet would fall pass the Wizards.

I could see something like that happening, because Rubio may tell the Kings he wants to go there, but he doesn't want to get paid in the #4 spot with his buyout. A simple swap of draft picks with the Kings paying a second rounder or something to move up makes sense for both teams.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
JimmyBulls wrote:

I could see something like that happening, because Rubio may tell the Kings he wants to go there, but he doesn't want to get paid in the #4 spot with his buyout. A simple swap of draft picks with the Kings paying a second rounder or something to move up makes sense for both teams.

The Kings need Rubio so badly(or the idea of Rubio), i'm sure the Grizz could get the Kings to part with their 23rd pick. It would still be a offer the Kings couldn't refuse.

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Yeah I actually think that is realistic. #6 pick IMO for Chicago is better than Kaman or Camby

1- Griffin
2- Rubio(to Kings)
3- Thabeet
4- Hill(to Grizzlies)
5- Harden
6- DeRozan, Evans or Curry

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
The Kings need Rubio so badly(or the idea of Rubio), i'm sure the Grizz could get the Kings to part with their 23rd pick. It would still be a offer the Kings couldn't refuse.

The Grizzlies don't have much leverage. They can't draft Rubio, there's no way in hell he'd play there, and they'd lose all the value of their pick.

They could maybe get the Kings to give up #23, or maybe not. That seems more like a battle of wills. Rubio would probably fall to the kings at #4 anyway.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Basghetti80 wrote:
Yeah I actually think that is realistic. #6 pick IMO for Chicago is better than Kaman or Camby

1- Griffin
2- Rubio(to Kings)
3- Thabeet
4- Hill(to Grizzlies)
5- Harden
6- DeRozan, Evans or Curry

Based only on what I've read, that seems likely to happen and terrible for us. Harden and Hill are the two guys I would hope to have a shot at. Granted, I haven't scouted those guys yet (not sure if I will or not), so my opinion on them isn't all that well informed.

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
I like Harden more than Hill but either guy I would love to have at #6. I just don't think they will be there. I would not take Curry so that means DeRozan or Evans. I lean slightly towards Evans but just am not sure how well he fits in a backcourt with Rose.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
If the Bulls do get #6 for Hinrich, I hope we immediately move #6 #16 and expirings for Bosh/Amare. There's no one worth taking at #6 that excites me and fits on our roster. Evans, Jennings, and Flynn wouldn't play well with Rose. DeRozan doesn't have the jumper we need and is a huge risk. Curry has the jumper, but no hope of playing defense next to Rose.

The next best big men on the board are Clark, Johnson, Blair, and Mullens, any of whom could even fall all the way to #16. It's too bad we don't need a PG or else that pick would be so much more useful.

Basghetti80

Liked Posts:
Obviously that is another story. If the #6 along with the #16 and Tyrus and expirings can get me Amare then I am all over it.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
just can't wrap my head around the Wolves making that deal. If they drafted Harden or DeRozan at 6, Lawson at 18, and a filler big in Pendergraph... it would be better for the team than getting Hinrich and the 26th pick.

I wouldn't be too thrilled with this trade from the Bulls presepctive either. I would rather see Hinrich traded for Kaman or Camby. But if this deal was to go through, DeMar DeRozan would be very hard to pass up at 6. He has the biggest upside out of all the shooting guard prospects, and he really had a good stretch at the end of the college season.
Please note: Although no board code and smiley buttons are shown, they are still usable.

I want no part of Kaman, Camby maybe because of his expiring contract, but getting the 6th pick could be valubale, you might be able to flip that pick along w/ Deng or Tyrus for a Bosh or Amare, I think thats more valuable than landing Kaman or Camby