Thoughts After Attending Today’s Game

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
Living in CA I’ve never had the opportunity to see the Bears play in a home game environment...until today. As far as you could see throughout the stadium there was a sea of people wearing Bears’ jerseys and Ditka lookalikes. If I had to guess I would say it was at least 60/40 in favor of the Bears fans, but honestly it could’ve been 70/30.

From the stands it looked like Trubisky played another solid game today and took what was available most of the time. He was a little shaky early on but found his rhythm the longer the game went on. When he needed to make plays he did. I’m excited to see how he progresses in this offense and looks this time next year.

Jordan Howard could not be stopped when he was running plays north and south. He would get at least 5 yards every time the ball was placed in his hands. When they gave it to him on runs to the outside the 49ers seemed to have it sniffed out with defense stretched out most of the time.

Anthony Miller is a spark plug that breathes a much needed shot of energy into this team. On top of making plays on the field including the touchdown catch he was getting the fans fired up throughout the game by motioning for the crowd to get loud at key times. I also loved to see him have Trubisky’s back after the late hit.

Cody Parkey is a question mark every time he steps up to make a kick. It was near perfect weather today with no wind and Parkey misses what should be a gimme kick that energized the 49ers fans and gave their team some hope. On the other side of the ball Gould was solid once again. In talking with other Bear fans around me we kept saying how we wished he was still on the Bears.

The entire defense stepped up to make plays when it had to at different times throughout the game. They were put in some bad spots with offensive turnovers but always rose to the occasion. Mullens was playing scared by the end of the game.

Nagy called another great game and made some well timed halftime adjustments to respond to Shanahan’s game plan. Sure he got a little too cute at times, but that’s what makes Nagy who he is and the play calling unpredictable.

The 49ers are a tougher team than what their record shows. To come into their house and beat them in a hard fought game will pay huge dividends down the road. That’s all I got for now but I’m happy to answer any specific questions anyone might have about today’s game. On a side note I have to say today was my daughter’s first game. She began the day a 49ers fan but left a Bears fan. She saw the magnitude of what Bear Nation can be and she wants to be part of it. Not to mention the cheap shot on Trubisky pissed her off and made her feel embarrassed to be a 49ers fan.

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
Thank you for your account. I always appreciate the first hand experience of people actually going to the games and glad you had a good experience. I watched on Tv and thought it was a great classic game. Those bastards are always tough. My question is why does the field seem to be like hot garbage after all the money they spent on it? Its a brand new stadium built in 2016. Also do you think the Raiders will play there next year?

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
Thank you for your account. I always appreciate the first hand experience of people actually going to the games and glad you had a good experience. I watched on Tv and thought it was a great classic game. Those bastards are always tough. My question is why does the field seem to be like hot garbage after all the money they spent on it? Its a brand new stadium built in 2016. Also do you think the Raiders will play there next year?

To be honest watching the game from the stands we couldn’t tell there was anything wrong with the field. There were a few slips and a number of injuries on both sides of the ball (luckily no serious ones for the Bears) but it looked like any other field most games are played on. Not until I got home and watched the game I recorded did I realize there were field issues and the that the Bears wore special cleats. I’ve heard of a few places the Raiders might play next year which include Levi’s Stadium, AT&T Park (SF Giants), LA Coliseum, and UNLV. It could be any of them.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glad you and your daughter enjoyed the game.

That's one thing I have yet to do is attend an NFL game. Been to MLB, NBA (saw MJ play), even 1 NHL game where I was blessed to see Gretzky play. But no NFL yet.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
On a side note I have to say today was my daughter’s first game. She began the day a 49ers fan but left a Bears fan. She saw the magnitude of what Bear Nation can be and she wants to be part of it. Not to mention the cheap shot on Trubisky pissed her off and made her feel embarrassed to be a 49ers fan.
Always good to hear of a new Bears fan.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How is the stadium?

Stadium lines on the first level to food and restrooms were awesome. One staircase to Level 2 Section 222 Row 1 for our seats that were perfect at about the 20 yd line, with No One in front of us. Seats have cup holders. Went into the men's and everyone was using the trough ... two sides 20 guys and about 10 stalls with 3 open doors. The Women's line was much LESS than the Men's.

Food was ok but No Italian Beef .. boo

......looked at the Rows behind us and there was quite a good rise between rows with leg room ( So standing people during the game are less likely to piss one off )