Thoughts and Observations: Bucs

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
So you are saying Fuller is #1 and Jaylon Johnson is #2...? That doesn't make sense.
PFF says both Johnson and Fuller are tied for 6th in targets at 34 targets

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Leno has 5 million in dead money of cut next year, you save 6.5 million.

You could June 1st cut him and save 9 million.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Hicks is becoming my all time favorite bear. He’s a truly exceptional talent. His ferocity is noticeable on every play and he’s what enables so much else to happen in both our pass rush and run defense.

He gets my vote.

Love the guy. He was SORELY missed last year.

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
What are Hick’s contract details? Does it make sense to extend him, maybe it frees up some future cap numbers?

jbd

Liked Posts:
I have been saying since they resigned trevethan that it was a mistake. He is old and slow. Kwitowski outplayed him and they let him walk. Now they are stuck with trevethan's contract. What a dumb move. SMH!

Also, leno is horrible and has never, even at his best been anything more than average..at his worst, which has been most of his career.. he is not good at all. Another dumb extension.

jbd

Liked Posts:
Hicks vs a Grizzly bear.. hicks and its not close! hahahaha In all seriousness, hicks is playing great and has played great since we signed him. They snubbed him from probowl appearances numerous years as well! Booooo!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hicks is becoming my all time favorite bear. He’s a truly exceptional talent. His ferocity is noticeable on every play and he’s what enables so much else to happen in both our pass rush and run defense.

He gets my vote.
Plus he’s a great human, love the guy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@remydat

hmmm wonder why? Care to guess?

We have already had this debate. Foles can read defenses and get the ball out on time. 3M cannot.

This is why a shake my head at ppl who say our OL needs to be able to hold blocks for 3 seconds or more consistently. No OL does that...

Yeah I have shared these numbers before but guys like Chris S think everything is someone else's fault but the QB. Anyone that has watched the Bears can see the difference between a QB that reads and anticipates and 3M who can't read a Peter & Jane book much less a defense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Leno has 5 million in dead money of cut next year, you save 6.5 million.

You could June 1st cut him and save 9 million.

If you were going to cut Leno after this year you should have drafted and groomed his replacement this year. Unless you going for a big name FA, I think it would be dumb to cut him and expect a rookie to hold down LT especially if you end up using your 1st round pick on a QB or other position.

So I think the Bears are committed to Leno for one more year and hopefully they draft someone this draft to replace him in 2022.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
If you were going to cut Leno after this year you should have drafted and groomed his replacement this year. Unless you going for a big name FA, I think it would be dumb to cut him and expect a rookie to hold down LT especially if you end up using your 1st round pick on a QB or other position.

So I think the Bears are committed to Leno for one more year and hopefully they draft someone this draft to replace him in 2022.

We haven’t used a 1st round pick on offense since Nagy was hired. Get him a tackle. Then a QB if he’s succceful to develop behind decent protection.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

I agree except that it would be "dumb" to cut Leno and expect a rookie to hold down LT. Can a rookie possibly play worse than Leno has?

I know, I know, development and protecting the kid for long term.

Even if he isn't ready and you want to protect his development, Leno has looked so bad, feels like you could throw a dart at any team's depth chart and at least replace him with anyone just as bad and for far less.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, easily much worse, and I'm on the Leno sucks wagon.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I agree except that it would be "dumb" to cut Leno and expect a rookie to hold down LT. Can a rookie possibly play worse than Leno has?

I know, I know, development and protecting the kid for long term.

Even if he isn't ready and you want to protect his development, Leno has looked so bad, feels like you could throw a dart at any team's depth chart and at least replace him with anyone just as bad and for far less.

According to the idiot you're quoting you're a meatball for saying Leno sucks. In other words, you're a meatball for pointing out the obvious.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
According to the idiot you're quoting you're a meatball for saying Leno sucks. In other words, you're a meatball for pointing out the obvious.

I haven't been following his threads lately. Lemme take a wild guess: PFF has rated Leno decent?

lol