Thoughts and Observations: Panthers

greg23

Liked Posts:
Why do people say this. Yes he can be worse. He may not be but yes he certainly can be worse.
[/QUOTE

3 catches
8 yards
One that turned a 1st down into a 4th down
Likely countless routes run incorrectly

The bar is pretty low, not sure how one can do worse.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Siri, give me a mock offseason to overhaul the offense.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I don’t think many here appreciates how BAD the Oline is playing. They are single handily eliminatall other talent on the offense.

After re-watching games, Montgomery is fucking spectacular to just gain 3yrds. Seriously MONT is a legit player but the stat book doesn’t see it behind this sieve of a Oline.

This team is going nowhere till they find a plug on the Oline.

bionicbelly

Liked Posts:
Left side of the O-line looked terrible. Run and pass protection. Right side was not great, but they were ok. With the next three games being Rams, Saints, and Tenn., I would not be surprised if we end up seeing Mitchell back on the field, cause Foles might be dead.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I honestly don't think Nagy playcalling can do much with this oline. The playcalls the last couple of games have been ok to me. Just failed execution. Now you can argue that they can call plays to limit the deficiencies of the oline...possibly.

I also don't get the Harris thing. I'd rather all those passes go to Kmet. Why draft Kmet so early just to have him block and not let him catch passes? might as well have drafted an olineman.

I also agree that Foles needs to start taking shots downfield. Enough of this checkdown BS. Trubisky was pushing the ball downfield and it was possibly helping the running game. Defenders don't respect Foles to push the ball downfield, so they're just going to stay in the box and that won't help the Bears run game.
Agree with every word of this.

What plays work all the time with zero pass protection and zero run blocking?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don’t think many here appreciates how BAD the Oline is playing. They are single handily eliminatall other talent on the offense.

After re-watching games, Montgomery is fucking spectacular to just gain 3yrds. Seriously MONT is a legit player but the stat book doesn’t see it behind this sieve of a Oline.

This team is going nowhere till they find a plug on the Oline.

?
Every post has been about how bad the O Line is.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yall need to relax. You guys act like I'm blaming Foles for the offense. I'm not. If yall are Foles' wives, I'm sorry for offending you. At the end of the day, I'm not blaming Foles for the struggles of the offense. All I'm saying is that he's not really helping the offense much. The Oline is obviously the part of the offense that is struggling the most. I just want Foles to take deep shots once in awhile. The offense hasn't improved that much with him. Panthers are 29th in defense against the run and the Bears still couldn't run. The Mitch offense ran the ball better against tougher run defenses than the Panthers run defense.

On balance the Colts, Bucs and Panthers are all tougher defenses than 3M faced. And Foles and 3M have very little to do with how good or bad the run game is as they are blocking. So it is a pretty meaningless comparison unless you are advocating Mitch become a RB.

The reality is Mitch had 3 cup cake defenses to start a season that was tailor made for him to keep his job and he fucked it up. Foles has not been particularly good but if history is the judge, 3M simply does not play well against good teams. The Panthers are a top 10 pass defense. There is no reason to believe 3M could do anything in the passing game against them.

Let 3M sit and watch and maybe he will learn how to properly read and attack defenses.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yea, mitch was the most aggressive qb in the league.

Issue is he still sucked.

But so did foles.

Like I told all ya'll, doesn't matter who starts it will look the same unless we fix the oline and run game. We still got 10 games to build on shit tho, so hopefully they improve....

You also told us that Ifedi and Castillo was all that was necessary to fix the OL. This after telling us all offseason how badly we needed to draft OL but then when Pace didn't your entire story changed to defending Pace for not actually drafting OL. So you told us a lot of things and then flip flopped. You for improvements to the OL before you were against it ala John Kerry.

So what is the current position? Was it smart not to address OL in the draft and to rely just on Ifedi and Castillo to solve all our problems?

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
You also told us that Ifedi and Castillo was all that was necessary to fix the OL. This after telling us all offseason how badly we needed to draft OL but then when Pace didn't your entire story changed to defending Pace for not actually drafting OL. So you told us a lot of things and then flip flopped. You for improvements to the OL before you were against it ala John Kerry.

So what is the current position? Was it smart not to address OL in the draft and to rely just on Ifedi and Castillo to solve all our problems?
Ifedi isn't the problem and there was no fixing, you don't pay someone who has over 15million guaranteed to sit on the bench... you just don't.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I honestly don't think Nagy playcalling can do much with this oline. The playcalls the last couple of games have been ok to me. Just failed execution. Now you can argue that they can call plays to limit the deficiencies of the oline...possibly.

I also don't get the Harris thing. I'd rather all those passes go to Kmet. Why draft Kmet so early just to have him block and not let him catch passes? might as well have drafted an olineman.

I also agree that Foles needs to start taking shots downfield. Enough of this checkdown BS. Trubisky was pushing the ball downfield and it was possibly helping the running game. Defenders don't respect Foles to push the ball downfield, so they're just going to stay in the box and that won't help the Bears run game.
This seems like a false narrative to me. Mitch was the checkdown charlie and Foles actually pushed the ball down the field with the exception of the CAR game maybe.

And Mitch couldn't complete a deep ball for the life of him, no matter how many times he attempted to.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this point I would seriously consider benching Miller. I am waiting for him to be inactive and for Ridley to be given a shot. He can’t possibly produce worse than what we are getting from Miller.

Yes. In addition to his drops, lack of first downs, penalties, etc...he has a stinky fucking attitude lately and is quitting mid play and pouting. GTFO.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I am willing to give Nagy 2-3 games to get the offense going before we should take the play sheet away from him.

That’s fair but we both know what’s going to happen. The offense is going to remain dog shit and there will be an abundance of dumbass play calls

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ifedi isn't the problem and there was no fixing, you don't pay someone who has over 15million guaranteed to sit on the bench... you just don't.

Ifedi isn't a solution either. He has given up the 15th most pressures of any starting guard. So with 2 guards starting per team that is 64 starters meaning 49 starters have given up less pressure than Ifedi at guard. Is that supposed to inspire confidence?

And no, Msaddows was banging the table about replacing Leno with a draft pick all offseason and then when Pace opted for Kmet and Johnson instead, he immediately turned into a Pace nuthugger and defended not taking an OL.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:

Hey, Pace drafted 2 O-lineman ..... in the 7th round.... one got cut ... the other is still somewhere on the practice squad :)

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I'll talk a bit about Foles for a second. He is, IMHO, the best backup in the NFL. He can string together some extremely high level play in tight situations. With that being said he is a backup. Expecting him to play well for a 16 game season + playoffs just won't happen. He'll drop a few games like this where he wasn't good and other parts of the team will need to step up to win.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I’m good with Graham’s role on the team. No nothing spectacular but he hasn’t been as useless as I thought he would be

Harris being given a major role in the passing game is some criminal ass shit

kmet should be getting those 5 looks a game that Harris is getting. Unless kmet is as useless as Ridley
You nailed it

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why do people say this. Yes he can be worse. He may not be but yes he certainly can be worse.
Miller is all about himself and he is not nearly good enough to let that slide. He doesn't block on plays he should be. On Kmet's second reception. Miller was waving his hands pissed off because the ball was not thrown to him, walked out of bounds as Kmet was approaching. He should have been blocking. Anyone who half-asses it does not deserve to be starting. So no, someone putting 100% effort would be better in this case