My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Pretty much this (minus the golfing)

It’s funny, I never used to like golf but a number of my friends play and I’m starting to get decent at it. I prefer playing hoops but golf is growing on me.

ILoveDaBears

Liked Posts:
My recommendation is that the Bears throw every game this year and get some draft pics next season so they have a fighting chance to acquire a real quarterback instead of wussy loser.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
What you do,

-Pick up Trubisky’s 5th year option. Might as well it is only guaranteed for injury.

-Sign Alex Smith

-Draft a guy in round 5 and take a shot

-Release Trubisky before his 5th year option is guaranteed

-Draft a QB round 1

-Keep Smith to compete and mentor
How do you feel about using our 2 seconds to trade into the first to take a QB (provided there’s one there worth taking)

dennehy

Liked Posts:
My recommendation is that the Bears throw every game this year and get some draft pics next season so they have a fighting chance to acquire a real quarterback instead of wussy loser.
You recommend they throw some games so that the Raiders can get a high pick next year. Smart move.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
-Sign Alex Smith

There is a real chance Alex Smith never plays again. He's 35 and his injury wasn't to far off of Zach Miller's.

There's a bunch of guys like that. I'd actually target someone like Mariota/Keenum/Tannehill on a 'prove it' type deal and draft his replacement.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is a real chance Alex Smith never plays again. He's 35 and his injury wasn't to far off of Zach Miller's.

There's a bunch of guys like that. I'd actually target someone like Mariota/Keenum/Tannehill on a 'prove it' type deal and draft his replacement.
^^this^^

Not that I dislike Alex Smith, but his current contract would still be paying him 22 mil in 2020, 24 mil in 2021.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What you do,

-Pick up Trubisky’s 5th year option. Might as well it is only guaranteed for injury.

-Sign Alex Smith

-Draft a guy in round 5 and take a shot

-Release Trubisky before his 5th year option is guaranteed

-Draft a QB round 1

I'll probably be alone on this but if, and that's a big if as of right now, but if they lost their confidence in Trubs at anytime this year or after this year as being the starting QB that we can win with then i'd look at A.Smith but i would also look at Teddy Bridgewater who i thought looked good in Minn when he was healthy and their starter and has also looked really good anytime he played for the Saints last year and this preseason.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Good lord!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
My Grades:

Nagy F (still way too cute with the gimmicks)
Mitch D+ (only reason not worse is the oline was awful and wr were generally not open despite missing a few high and wide)
OLine D- (really a bad game from the interior)
RB Inc (we obsessed over the 4th rb; when rb's 1-3 get 12 carries per game)
WR C (hopefully miller is active next week (what?), arob is good, patterson is worthless as predicted and fielded 3 kick returns for touchbacks.........bet he doesnt even get 25 returns this year)

Defense B+ (turnover puts into A range, gave up long FG drive when backed up inside 5 late in 4th Q)

Special Teams A (much better punt coverage, and we made our only kick)

Season Outlook (9-10 wins seem to be the ceiling)
They gave up ten points to a team with Aaron Rodgers at QB. B+, ok...

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Massive disappointment watch. I had my doubts about Trubisky and last night was worse than I could have imagined.

I would say your favorite coach with a 45 to 12 pass to run versus a team playing a nickle defense the whole game should be what concerns you more.

Edit: you did address Nagy in another thread. My apologies

Last edited:

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
A few general observations:

-We've now seen the downside of holding the offensive starters out all preseason. No injuries but no rhythm either.

-I hope Nagy has someone who can tell him the truth who he can actually hear it from because his play calling sucked ass.

-The OL and Trubisky played badly but I'm not sure the Packers D is getting enough credit. They showed up ready to play. The bad news is Denver isn't going to make it any easier.

-The Bears D continues to be fun to watch. I don't know if takeaways would have mattered because you could have given the offense 10 more series and they wouldn't have converted. If the Bears can't win unless the D scores or shuts out the opposing team the season will end in disappointment.

greg23

Liked Posts:
They gave up ten points to a team with Aaron Rodgers at QB. B+, ok...

Well...our avg last year on d was

17 pa
299 ya

Thurs

10 pa
213 ya

But 0 turnovers

So if C is average, we were above average B+/A- range and if we'd have forced some turnovers or won that grade would have been an A/A+

Gave us B+ because of the fact that we lost ; and at 7-3 in the 4th with 9 mins left we had them pinned on the 5....and let them drive down into fg range while taking 5 mins off.....didnt get the must have stop we needed there.