Thoughts for Bears ownership

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is not necessary to insult people except perhaps the Bears ownership and front office. In my humble opinion George could have started out the press conference something like the following: First of all on behalf of the entire Bears organization, I would like to apologize for all of the "Fire Nagy" chants that were heard at various sporting events this year. I understand the frustration of Bears fans and I regret not firing coach Nagy at the end of last season. If I had not made the unpopular decision to keep coach Nagy for another year, the "Fire Nagy" chants would not have happened.
fair enough

mecha

Liked Posts:
they made the guy that ran the ticket office the chairman. the rest of the story kind of writes itself.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually believe they will sell in my lifetime but probably not before they are out from under the Soldier Field contract.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  • Bears fans are not stupid.
  • Why would the board of directors fire the chairman of the board if most of them are his relatives?
  • Don't criticize fans for yelling at high school football games. It may not be right but you should apologize for making the unpopular decision to extend an unsuccessful head coach because he has great collaboration skills.
  • Take some responsibility for poor decision making during the last 25 years or so.
  • Watch and listen to former players on tv, radio, internet, etc. You may learn something. When they say things like Nagy being Nagy you better find out what this means.
  • When you have a coach that keeps saying we need to look at the tape and find out the whys-give a deadline. You have 3 weeks to figure this out or you are gone. Also if you ever say that again in a press conference, you are out of here.
  • This organization has lost all credibility. If you don't get the new hires right, it may take several years before the Bears organization has any credibility in the NFL.
  • Please explain the benefit of not firing a head coach during the season. Do you really want a head coach calling 3 passing plays on 4th and short during a game. The last game of this season was an embarrassment to this organization and to anyone who calls themselves a Bears fan.

Excellent observations
I'd like to add a bullet point

• If you are not committed to hiring the best ppl and being SB contenders please sell the team

Ernie54

Liked Posts:
Excellent observations
I'd like to add a bullet point

• If you are not committed to hiring the best ppl and being SB contenders please sell the team
Maybe they can replace the fire Nagy chants with "Sell the team" chants. If they hired an assistant GM maybe there is some hope for the future.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Maybe they can replace the fire Nagy chants with "Sell the team" chants. If they hired an assistant GM maybe there is some hope for the future.

Yeah or maybe when they move to the 'burbs, we can get another franchise in Soldier Field. Right now, I'm not feeling this OC hire.