Thoughts on David Montgomery this year?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
These numbers seem a bit excessive, but I like where your head is at. I think 1,000 yards rushing, 400 receiving and 8 tugs would be a solid season
I’m basically praying Nagy doesn’t go full blown well…. Nagy and realizes that when Monty was utilized to full capacity we had solid Offensive numbers

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
$7.14 to win $3,577.14 if Monty wins the NFL MVP.

EASY MONEY.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The interior o-line is the same, and they get no push on run plays. That will not change. It's like some of our posters think because they don't get trucked and dumped into the QB's lap...we have a power run game - we don't.

Week one: Monty over/under 65 yards rushing.

Any takers? I got under.
Depends on Nagy.

But the interior OL isn’t the same with James Daniels coming back. The run game was very good the last 5-6 games or so and should only improve with JD returning

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
These numbers seem a bit excessive, but I like where your head is at. I think 1,000 yards rushing, 400 receiving and 8 tugs would be a solid season
That's what he had last year

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's just a solid back. That's who he is. Not great and and above average.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
If Nagy will feature him, he’ll be a top 5 back. A more stable OL, and more of a threat to throw deep will open a lot of things up. He’s also probably underutilized as a receiving threat. He needs about 25 touches per game, IMO. That’ll be a challenge with Robinson, Mooney, Cohen, and Kmet needing to eat. IMO, Monty is your workhorse and stabilizer. Don’t overcomplicate it…you can and should lean on him. Robinson will get his…target Mooney deep, kmet should be a chain mover…but Monty is consistent and will keep things simple. You don’t need to outsmart the D every time…just run the smart play and lean on what works
This................also the Bears are going to have to lean on the running game even more with a rookie QB.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Montgomery, while not flashy, has special traits when it comes to contact balance, breaking tackles and getting out of tight spaces. he plays every down with passion (no meatball).

He's not a home run threat but I'm very interested to see what her can produce if our run blocking is as good as we hope. He's obviously training hard to improve and he seems to be as passionate about the game than anybody I've ever seen.

I think the biggest factor in his success this year will be Nagy and how much opportunity he actually gets.
This is accurate for previous years. He’s probably the fastest RB now after his offseason workouts. Don’t make me pull up the video where he breaks the sound barrier.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Fantasy Football - I wouldn't touch a skill player on the Bears outside of Arob and JF1, possibly Mooney for a bye week replacement. I would consider stashing Monty if JF1 starts, but it's all dependent on if bald Julius can get over himself.
Monty can be a solid 2-3rd running back on the roster depending on strategy of drafting. He obviously should not be someone’s #1 running back.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Monty can be a solid 2-3rd running back on the roster depending on strategy of drafting. He obviously should not be someone’s #1 running back.

This year, correct. Last year--he won a lot of fantasy championships for people because I believe he was the highest scoring fantasy RB from weeks 13-17

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The interior o-line is the same, and they get no push on run plays. That will not change. It's like some of our posters think because they don't get trucked and dumped into the QB's lap...we have a power run game - we don't.

Week one: Monty over/under 65 yards rushing.

Any takers? I got under.
I agree with you, but I will take the over. All it takes is one lucky run and the bet can be won.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah that's why I said stash, I wouldn't draft him as anything other than a bye week fill in / backup until we see if Nagy's gonna Nagy.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
This year, correct. Last year--he won a lot of fantasy championships for people because I believe he was the highest scoring fantasy RB from weeks 13-17
I won with him last year as my 2nd RB, but I had a great #1 RB, great WR production and hit on the waiver wire.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Asking about DM in general here. Let's keep the fantasy-specific talk in the other thread, but yeah - there's very little traffic over there in FF nerd land.

Remember when there used to be a separate Forum Section for NON-Bears talk? Yeah, that worked. ??‍♂️
It's the off-season. What else is there to talk about? Endless stupid articles over nothing? When Fields should start?
I've drafted him as my #2 RB on two teams that they for some reason had to do their drafts last weekend which is way early but they're both cheap entry fees. In one draft i got offered C.Kupp straight up for Monty the day after the draft and went ahead and made the trade cause i was strong at RB but my #3 WR was T.Boyd and i think Kupp has a big year.

I'm thinking Monty has his best year yet this year. Hoping they throw the ball to him more but with Cohen back and the addition of D.Williams i'm not sure that happens.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Honestly, he won’t be any noticeably faster with the pads on. It’s all hype. You don’t just become a burner from off-season training. Speed is a god given gift mostly.
You were the first to ever use the word burner, i don't think anyone ever said he was all the sudden gonna have sub 4.3 40 speed, simply that he thinks he's gonna be faster this year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I won with him last year as my 2nd RB, but I had a great #1 RB, great WR production and hit on the waiver wire.
Did you add big Bob Tonyan? I won multiple leagues that i had Monty as my #2 last year but my big waiver add was getting Tonyan in a couple of those leagues.