Thoughts On Greg Jennings?

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
This would most likely be an extreme longshot, but with the packers likely parting ways with Jennings, would you welcome him to Chicago? Do you see him as a good fit with the Bears? His price tag will likely be too high with the salary cap the way it is, but if he were available for the right price, would you want him as a Bear?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The salary cap being what it is, teams can only afford 1 elite wr and Brandon>Jennings by far.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No brainer if the price is right.

I don't think the price will be right.

I think he'd have to come cheap before we pick him up. And paying him too much would be a bit of a risk imo.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I think Alshon and Marshall are your X and Z receivers. You need a good slot receiver, which could be Bennett, could be someone else. They do need another reliable receiver, but it won't be a top starting class guy. Rather, you'll get hopefully a solid route runner with decent hands for that role.

TheRivalry

Liked Posts:
Jennings & Marshall would be a deadly combination. But he's probably going to go somewhere and sign a 3 yr deal as a #1. Miami comes to mind. However, I would think he'll be looking for a QB that can get him the ball, and an O-line that can protect that QB.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is going to sign with the Packers for 3 years, with tons of performance bonuses in the contract, or TT is going to franchise him. He is a Packer next year.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
would love it but not in the cards

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
The salary cap being what it is, teams can only afford 1 elite wr and Brandon>Jennings by far.
Just cut Urlacher that will take money off the books.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He is going to sign with the Packers for 3 years, with tons of performance bonuses in the contract, or TT is going to franchise him. He is a Packer next year.

I hope they're dumb enough to franchise Jennings, but they aren't. Unless he comes at a budget price, he won't be a Packer next year.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope they're dumb enough to franchise Jennings, but they aren't. Unless he comes at a budget price, he won't be a Packer next year.

Yah, I've only been following the Jennings saga for over 9 months now, but I'll blindly believe you for shits and giggles!

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How about we put money into the OL or a TE instead

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yah, I've only been following the Jennings saga for over 9 months now, but I'll blindly believe you for shits and giggles!

I hope they do franchise him. Pay him like Calvin Johnson when the Packers have Nelson, Cobb, Jones? K.

Nick80

What with Britt, Amendola, Bowe and fitzgerald and now Jennings, I reckon we might just about end up being set.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jennings & Marshall would be a deadly combination. But he's probably going to go somewhere and sign a 3 yr deal as a #1. Miami comes to mind. However, I would think he'll be looking for a QB that can get him the ball, and an O-line that can protect that QB.

Or Minnesota...

Agrey

Beefy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't that be funny Jennings to Minnesota. But then again they would need a QB that is capable of throwing the ball more than ten yards.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cutler to Minnesota?