Thoughts on this song

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
So I am sitting on the train headed home after a long day in the city and I am listening to this song. I have heard it before and really like it. Tonight for some reason it seems like it might be the type of a song that transcends genres and is something that most would appreciate. I have no idea if I am just in a zone after being behind a desk all day or if there is some merit to this thought. Also the imagery in the video is pretty impressive too...(I think) I am not even sure any more what is cool...lol

What do you guys think??

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UW0vOum0mBM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Electronic music blows. Focus on music with a human, not machine element. The human element is the real essence of music

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[video=youtube;mXBqMil5Bd4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXBqMil5Bd4[/video]

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[video=youtube;5hEh9LiSzow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hEh9LiSzow[/video]

Those two are my hype songs. Love me some trap nation on youtube.

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
Electronic music blows. Focus on music with a human, not machine element. The human element is the real essence of music

Well for the people so hell bent on the "human element" I thought the vocals would carry that aspect of the song. I personally don't care how the music is created only that I like what I am hearing. I am not a musical purist.

Out of curiosity do you not like avatar or the new superhero movies or Disney/Pixar type movies because the content is computer generated?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Well for the people so hell bent on the "human element" I thought the vocals would carry that aspect of the song. I personally don't care how the music is created only that I like what I am hearing. I am not a musical purist.

Out of curiosity do you not like avatar or the new superhero movies or Disney/Pixar type movies because the content is computer generated?

Dont be angry because you didnt get the response you wanted.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

Taco would be proud, if he understood English.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Whats that even mean? So called "electronic music" is still written by a human. It's just a different instrument.

And sorry OP, that song blows.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Whats that even mean? So called "electronic music" is still written by a human. It's just a different instrument.

Gotta side with Omelet. A mixing board is not an instrument. Hell you can't even use one without first entering real music into it to "remix".

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Gotta side with Omelet. A mixing board is not an instrument. Hell you can't even use one without first entering real music into it to "remix".

I think we're talking about different types of "electronic" music. I'm not talking about remixing something.

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
Dont be angry because you didnt get the response you wanted.

I am honestly not the slightest bit mad. Didn't think my post came across that way at all. Was expecting a multitude of responses. Was curious if the song was that good or the day had gotten the best of me. Did think that it could be appreciated by most but perhaps not.

My question about things that are computer generated was something I genuinely wanted to know. Where is the line drawn? Movies, art, music??

vincentvega

Liked Posts:

Agree with the first part 100%

Second part. Not so much but I appreciate you taking a listen and posting your opinion.

I wonder if there is one song that is a musical panacea where every person no matter what music they like can enjoy it...

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I think we're talking about different types of "electronic" music. I'm not talking about remixing something.

I'll admit I didn't listen to the OP's song as I have zero interest in any type of electronic/synthetic music. Been playing guitar for 20+ years so I just can't really respect it.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'll admit I didn't listen to the OP's song as I have zero interest in any type of electronic/synthetic music. Been playing guitar for 20+ years so I just can't really respect it.

Ever listen to Radiohead? They do it well.

vincentvega

Liked Posts:

Out of curiosity how could you tell what type of music it was without listening?

I can totally respect that. I don't like a lot of the music made with instruments, as crazy as that sounds. Almost my whole life I have listened to hip hop when younger (teens and early 20's) and more EDM type music as I got older. But I do like a lot of classical music .

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree with the first part 100%

Second part. Not so much but I appreciate you taking a listen and posting your opinion.

I wonder if there is one song that is a musical panacea where every person no matter what music they like can enjoy it...

I would say anybody that doesn't like Dogs by Pink Floyd is pretty fucked up. And my opinion is very similar on this to Omeletpants and BearDen

Monster

Liked Posts:
Likely a hit today.
Everything is.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Agreed here. As a former musician I have zero respect for the type of "music".

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a fan. Transcends all genres? Really? The only thing it was missing was a pan flute player....