Thoughts on Urlacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bears12

Liked Posts:
What are your thoughts on Urlacher, how he is aging, and what his role will be coming back from injury?

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love to say he'll return to Pro Bowl form and have 100+ tackles, 3 INT's and a couple sacks...BUT....I just don't know if he'll be able to stay healthy. I think he still has something left in the tank though if he is completely healthy. Hope he proves everyone wrong this year and has an awesome year.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tommie Harris' resurgence to his once dominant self is key for Urlacher. If Tommie can get double teams and the NT eats up blockers, they'll allow Urlacher to roam free and make plays.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Phfffffft. He's overrated. I am serious he is done. Lance Briggs is much better than him
Lance Briggs is the Bears best LB and Urlacher may be overrated, but he's not done. The D-Line not getting pressure and double teams has hurt his production.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
Phfffffft. He's overrated. I am serious he is done. Lance Briggs is much better than him

I have to disagree here. When healthy Urlacher is a top ten MLB in the NFL. He has tremendous speed for a backer as well as very good instincts to fill properly or drop back in coverage. His problem the last few years though is that he cannot stay healthy.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
As some of you know I am far from a fan. He will never be what we are paying him for I am only hoping that he well rested from his year off and is ready to play. But keep in mind that even thou he had a year off he is still a year older.

HurricaneDitka

Liked Posts:
Since his most recent injury was an arm injury, I think he will be fine. I have to say though, he does have some work to do to re-earn the leadership role for the Bears' defense. Briggs made the Bears defense slightly competitive in a defensively disastrous season. So, he is my vote for the defensive mastermind. In all honesty, I am still unsure why Urlacher didn't club it and play anyway, being the badass he claims to be. Maybe Cutler has to step in and slap him around a little bit to toughen him up. Agreed though that his success will be contingent upon the line in terms of forcing the passes for him to pick, and opening up the line for him to blitz. At the very least, he will have a decent comeback year. 7 out of 10. That's my forecast sports fans.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since his most recent injury was an arm injury, I think he will be fine. I have to say though, he does have some work to do to re-earn the leadership role for the Bears' defense. Briggs made the Bears defense slightly competitive in a defensively disastrous season. So, he is my vote for the defensive mastermind. In all honesty, I am still unsure why Urlacher didn't club it and play anyway, being the badass he claims to be. Maybe Cutler has to step in and slap him around a little bit to toughen him up. Agreed though that his success will be contingent upon the line in terms of forcing the passes for him to pick, and opening up the line for him to blitz. At the very least, he will have a decent comeback year. 7 out of 10. That's my forecast sports fans.

I think I remember seeing somewhere that this was an injury he couldn't club up due to the actual bone that became dislocated. If he were to try and play and then re-injure the arm, it was something that could prevent the use of his hand for the rest of his life.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think I remember seeing somewhere that this was an injury he couldn't club up due to the actual bone that became dislocated. If he were to try and play and then re-injure the arm, it was something that could prevent the use of his hand for the rest of his life.

You're correct. I dont remember specifics but usually when you break your wrist, you're talking about breaking the radius or ulna. I think he ended up breaking one of his carpal bones with it which could have had compression issues on his medial nerve. The risk of injuring it further would have compromised his hand function for life. Thats just my two cents from someone with a little knowledge of anatomy.

HurricaneDitka

Liked Posts:
My sarcasm didn't translate well. Apologies. Clubbing up would definitely have been irresponsible for our franchise MLB. I just think it is ironic that last year that Urlacher was the one telling Cutler to prove himself and man up. This year I think the role has reversed and he may be the one that has to prove something. Who knows, that could be the fire he needs to breakout and have another Pro Bowl year.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Urlacher is on his downslide, but it was evident that we needed him last year. People didnt realize how much opposing teams attacked the middle of the field without him there. Even on his downslide, he still puts some fear into opposing teams game plan.

regoob2

Liked Posts:
Its impossible for Urlacher to have the impact he used to have with our pathetic DTs. No one commands a double team. Any MLB would struggle when taking on OGs every run play. Also coverage LBs will always be underrated. He still has sideline to sideline speed and great awareness and reaction time. He'll never lose that. He's a freak athlete who even when he loses a step that's a step that 95% of other LBs never had in the first place.

So yeah I still think he's good.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Urlacher should be back to 100% and running all over the field like he was a rookie. A full year of not taking a beating should have done wonders for his back and neck. Now if the fluke injuries don't hit him again he will be back to a top 5 linebacker.

WFBST

Liked Posts:
With a year of rest Urlacher should be able to produce this year. I'm looking forward to seeing him lay the smack down this year. I hope he stays healthy

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't wait for my boy #54 to come back. Big fan of his for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.